Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, TheMo said:

The tear of the meniscus can lead to bone on bone contact that leads to a bruise. Sometimes pulling of the tendons really hard can also bruise the underlying bone. I'd have to see a scan to really guess any further as to etiology. 

Speeds up arthritis and deterioration of the knee joint. Once they're gone, bone on bone, only gonna get worse. Doing leg extensions, I sound like a click clack toy. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, hawk said:

How do you get a bone bruise without getting hit?  By the ground?

I'm not trashing on the kid, genuinely curious.

bone bruise could have occured on the inside of the knee joint with lateral movement.  In other words the inside top of the tibia rubbing or pushing against the bottom of the femur.  Obviously, I don't know if this is the case with Zach, but that is one possible way on an injury like this someone can suffer a bone bruise.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Meniscus tear?   Anybody truly know what this entails?

Meniscus is the cartilage that acts like a cushion within the knee joint that helps protect the tibia and the femur.

How long someone is out from a meniscus tear will vary greatly based upon how severe of a tear it was.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

bone bruise could have occured on the inside of the knee joint with lateral movement.  In other words the inside top of the tibia rubbing or pushing against the bottom of the femur.  Obviously, I don't know if this is the case with Zach, but that is one possible way on an injury like this someone can suffer a bone bruise.

Meniscus is the cartilage that acts like a cushion within the knee joint that helps protect the tibia and the femur.

How long someone is out from a meniscus tear will vary greatly based upon how severe of a tear it was.

Thanks, IJ.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If you watch the video, the bone bruise part could have been after the lateral movement, when he hits the ground with his knees. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Depends. Have had both menisci done. One 2 8 weeks of rehab, but the other was fine the next day. I am not playing QB in the NFL. Recall though Ben Rothlisberger played  a whole with a  tear, but he stayed in the pocket and got rid of the ball rather than taking off anyway. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I had a meniscus tear .. 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

To be more clear... 3 weeks before I would walk normally ... depending on the condition and severity .. it can be degenerative ... mine was decades ago ... but really after a few weeks I was able to carry my own bag on the golf course ... I wonder if medical advances have made treatment more restorative ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

He was so amped up last night.  He didn’t even look when he threw the pick, it was a predetermined throw.  That scramble was to compensate for the pick.  He just needs to chill the heck out and make the easy read and not try to play hero ball, which is what he was doing in a meaningless preseason game.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1