Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

Just now, Augustiniak said:

He was so amped up last night.  He didn’t even look when he threw the pick, it was a predetermined throw.  That scramble was to compensate for the pick.  He just needs to chill the heck out and make the easy read and not try to play hero ball, which is what he was doing in a meaningless preseason game.

What was said a bunch about him last season.  I'm of the mind that Zach Wilson will always play like this.  And that's not a good thing for the Jets or us fans.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Would the scans tell you if anything was going on in there prior to the injury that may have caused him to soft toss the ball right to the Eagles linebacker?  Or sky or over the WR who was 5 yards down the field?  Medically speaking?

Functional brain MRI for sure on that one

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He was so amped up last night.  He didn’t even look when he threw the pick, it was a predetermined throw.  That scramble was to compensate for the pick.  He just needs to chill the heck out and make the easy read and not try to play hero ball, which is what he was doing in a meaningless preseason game.

He really doesn’t seem to understand the point of preseason which could theoretically help someone like him needing to get into a groove, and now he will miss that opportunity 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There’s some ****ery afoot, methinks. This feels like a Mets injury.

I trust Schefter more than any of those hacks playin with your emotions...this is all gold for them, they were thinking they had to wait at least a couple games into season for something like this.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

The answer, of course, is “it depends.” But they heal slowly, 1-2 months.  I’ve heard before that if you can stand the pain you can play on them, but I don’t believe that’s always the case. I think sometimes you can injure yourself further if you play on a bone bruise

Finally, a serious response.

23 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

I am just frustrated that we are in this position year after year after year after year.  It's getting so old now.

Agreed, but better this happen now than in the 1st Q of Week 1.  At least here Zach has had most of camp and if you're going to get hurt in preseason then the earlier the better IMO.

Sounds like he might miss a game or two at most.  Given the state of this team and most people expecting somewhere between 5 and 8 wins, I don't think it will truly impact the season.  The most important thing is getting a look at Zach in Year 2 and it sounds like the Jets might get 15 or 16 games to evaluate him.  Compared to the fears last night, this is good news.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he got clipped from behind by Matt Judon along the sideline on one play, and then Judon jumped on his back a few plays later, finishing him off

Yeah, Tom you're correct.  I just corrected my error and posted a video of the shot.   Wow, can't believe it's been a year since I made a mistake.  How time flies.

• Haha 1