Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

Just now, slimjasi said:

Jimmy G is one of the most underrated players in the league and I’d be hyped AF

but I’d recommend letting it go sooner than later 

I know it’ll never happen. I just want to ******* win. But, first round Jets QB, let the coddling continue as he gets hurt and looks bad yet again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Jimmy G is one of the most underrated players in the league and I’d be hyped AF

but I’d recommend letting it go sooner than later 

Give up a 2? He knows the offense. It’d be arguably the end to Wilson as a Jet so you’d have to manage the ramifications of that.

13 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Good news he is not majorly injured but honestly not sure its good news Wilson will play this year.

The best possible news for him personally and the team.

zach still has questions around him and if he missed the year you go into year 3 not knowing what you have.

let’s just play and say they brought in jimmy g or Flacco started and either one of them went on to 10-7 and either a wildcard or just miss.

what do you do next year? Back to either one of them? Release Zach? Qb competition?

this really went from disaster to best possible case as if Zach stays healthy, we know what he is by end of the year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Give up a 2? He knows the offense. It’d be arguably the end to Wilson as a Jet so you’d have to manage the ramifications of that.

Fun to talk about, but It’s never happening tho. 

migbt as well speculate about the Jets trading for Lebron and KD 

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

How do you get a bone bruise on a none contact injury ? Probably more along the lines of Meniscus injury. If he misses 2-4 weeks that means 1 or 2 regular season games and thats a best case scenario for us. Certainly not season ending

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

You guys calling for jimmy G need to go watch his games, he is terrible, look at his squad he has the past couple years, receivers, every position group has atleast 1 player who’s top 10 we don’t have any group like that, jets fans are really hard to understand 

He's at least better competition for Zach than Joe Flacco and Mike White. I'd still like to have him in camp next offseason, no matter how Zach looks this season. A competent back up would be nice.

2 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

I’m not complaining but I’ve never seen a non contact bone bruise.

Its  almost always an ACL

Bone bruises are associated with ACL tears, patella dislocations, occult fractures, and contusions. For each injury, a unique pattern of bone bruising is found on MR imaging, which results from the acute trauma. When acute trauma produces a subchondral lesion with low T1-weighted and high T2-weighted signal intensity, the resulting bony contusion is best described as a bone bruise.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

I’m not complaining but I’ve never seen a non contact bone bruise.

This keeps getting said over and over again and I dont understand. 

Just because he didnt get hit by another human being, doesnt mean there wasnt contact. 

The bone bruise was from the way his knee hit the ground when he fell most likely. 

25 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

You guys calling for jimmy G need to go watch his games, he is terrible, look at his squad he has the past couple years, receivers, every position group has atleast 1 player who’s top 10 we don’t have any group like that, jets fans are really hard to understand 

I'm not calling for him but stop with the overly dramatic crap Jimmy G is a good QB or he would not have played deep in the playoffs 3 times. And yes I have watched him play. There seems to be this consensus that if your not Elite Like Brady Mahomes or Rodgers then your crap. The biggest issue with Jimmy G is he seems to get hurt a lot nothing severe but enough to disrupt the team

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

How do you get a bone bruise on a none contact injury ? Probably more along the lines of Meniscus injury. If he misses 2-4 weeks that means 1 or 2 regular season games and thats a best case scenario for us. Certainly not season ending

Mickey told us 40+ years ago.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Fair. Didn’t have fake dick analysis on my JN bingo card but here we are.

The dick was real as some point. It was superimposed onto the X-Ray, but my forensic dick skills dictate that the dick was at some point real. 

This is acceptable chatter before game one of the regular season. 

• Haha 1