Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Fair. Didn’t have fake dick analysis on my JN bingo card but here we are.

I had a shocker earlier in the week.  I read a bunch of rock stuff, so a Tommy Lee story showed up on my Google recommendations.  It led me to a tweet where Tommy--for some still unknown reason--posted a current nude shot of himself.

Gotta give the guy props.  He's in ridiculous shape in all aspects of anatomy.  At least from published medical charts, I'm on the right side of the bell curve in terms of "maleness".  But compared to Tommy Lee, I'm Vanessa Del Rio.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

13-36

Completely tore down the roster and started from scratch... So yeah of course it's bad... Only matters if it does not improve this year... This is a critical year for him. 

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Completely tore down the roster and started from scratch... So yeah of course it's bad... Only matters if it does not improve this year... This is a critical year for him. 

Judging by last night the defense is still dog sh*t

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I had a shocker earlier in the week.  I read a bunch of rock stuff, so a Tommy Lee story showed up on my Google recommendations.  It led me to a tweet where Tommy--for some still unknown reason--posted a current nude shot of himself.

Gotta give the guy props.  He's in ridiculous shape in all aspects of anatomy.  At least from published medical charts, I'm on the right side of the bell curve in terms of "maleness".  But compared to Tommy Lee, I'm Vanessa Del Rio.

LOL, 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Fair. Didn’t have fake dick analysis on my JN bingo card but here we are.

34 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The dick was real as some point. It was superimposed onto the X-Ray, but my forensic dick skills dictate that the dick was at some point real. 

This is acceptable chatter before game one of the regular season. 

I think we need to consult an expert.

@JiFapono

• Haha 1

How this story is developing behind the scenes: 

1. Jets DM the beat guys “hey, good news! 2 to 4 weeks!”

2. Jets beat runs to Twitter to report 2 to 4 weeks. 

3. Zach’s reps, knowing that their client is 22 years old and his current team is set to go 6-11, say “haha no.” 

4. Jets beat goes back to Twitter and says “Hmmmm, some gray area here.” 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

3. Zach’s reps, knowing that their client is 22 years old and his current team is set to go 6-11, say “haha no.” 

Homer.

• Haha 1

I said this in the internet doctors thread, but you can't rely on this early of an MRI to tell you anything with reliability outside of visualizing a serious injury. Just because you can't see a less severe injury doesn't mean it isn't there. Right after an acute injury there is too much inflammation for the imaging to pick up less severe fractures, connective tissue injuries and cartilage damage. It's good that they didn't find a severe injury but this isn't enough information to feel confident Wilson is back in game one or two or conversely that he's out for the season.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I said this in the internet doctors thread, but you can't rely on this early of an MRI to tell you anything with reliability outside of visualizing a serious injury. Just because you can't see a less severe injury doesn't mean it isn't there. Right after an acute injury there is too much inflammation for the imaging to pick up less severe fractures, connective tissue injuries and cartilage damage. It's good that they didn't find a severe injury but this isn't enough information to feel confident Wilson is back in game one or two or conversely that he's out for the season.  

Rex, thanks for this information.  You're in the medical profession?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They cannot do the procedure until the swelling goes down; few days to a week. And they really don't know how much of a trim is needed until they get the athroscopy in his knee. Anyone saying it's a ground ball or career-ending or anything in between is speculating. And his agent is no doubt telling him to get a 2nd orthopedist not associated with the Jets medical staff.

Again, I'm in the camp that he was a horrible pick, and relying on him is a fool's errand. Jets should proceed under the assumption he's not gonna be available until mid season. And even then, there's nothing so far to justify handing him the starting job. Either get your in house guys ready or make a trade. Anything else is is mismanagement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Until they get in with the arthroscopy, they don't know for sure. 

This guy is always injured. Sheesh

Give me Mike White week 1

You mean the same Mike White who has never started a game and taken all offensive snaps in that game.

Missed a couple of series when Josh Johnson came in for him in Cincy. Pulled from Indy and Buffalo games with injuries.
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

They cannot do the procedure until the swelling goes down; few days to a week. And they really don't know how much of a trim is needed until they get the athroscopy in his knee. Anyone saying it's a ground ball or career-ending or anything in between is speculating. And his agent is no doubt telling him to get a 2nd orthopedist not associated with the Jets medical staff.

Again, I'm in the camp that he was a horrible pick, and relying on him is a fool's errand. Jets should proceed under the assumption he's not gonna be available until mid season. And even then, there's nothing so far to justify handing him the starting job. Either get your in house guys ready or make a trade. Anything else is is mismanagement. 

FWIW, Anita Marks was saying that she’s had a multitude of knee surgeries and 1. None of them are ever 100% after four weeks and 2. They won’t know sh*t until they get in there and see what happened. Typical Jets to announce “2 to 4 weeks!” without a final diagnosis. You’d think they’d have learned from Becton last year

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

You mean the same Mike White who has never started a game and taken all offensive snaps in that game.

Missed a couple of series when Josh Johnson came in for him in Cincy. Pulled from Indy and Buffalo games with injuries.

Yeah same guy.  He's better than Wilson.

Are there two Mike Whites?

• Post of the Week 1