Wilson Durability Concern

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The OP presented facts and I think has a reasonable concern. What is it about these facts make you think this place is a cesspool?

Always remember there are two types of Jets fans: (1) those take out their frustrations on the Jets and (2) those that take out their frustrations on those that take out their frustrations on the Jets.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Mac was the obvious play there. With the team JD has assembled, we would probably legit be talking playoffs right now.

Maybe, but Mac Jone may be limited to never get past he first round of the playoffs, which we would take now but at one point you want a higher ceiling than that.

20 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Maybe, but Mac Jone may be limited to never get past he first round of the playoffs, which we would take now but at one point you want a higher ceiling than that.

It is impossible to adduce ceiling so give me the dude who ain’t on the bust track.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

It is impossible to adduce ceiling so give me the dude who ain’t on the bust track.

It’s so amusing that this entirely created talking point about Mac Jones’ “ceiling” resulting in a loss at some arbitrary point in the playoffs has become a thing. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Also, that he sucks as an NFL QB, big concern. Before the injury AGAIN locked on WR, ignored the defenders, easy INT. 

Again, nothing has changed since draft day. If you were going QB, Mac Jones was the pick; big guy, big school, played with and agaisnt NFL talent and flourished. No idea what the f___ the Jets were thinking. 

He was 3 of 5.

You have more complaints than incompletions with two being on the same play.  

Sheet...if you think he was skittish before you are going to love the "afraid to be hit" version of Zack that we are gonna see when he returns.

The kid is going to get REAL concerned about missing games again so soon and the rep he is developing. We might as well start calling him.

Skittles

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

The "Great QB X had these issues early in his career, so our QB should be fine and dandy ...someday?" canard is trotted out. Yeah, no; Wilson stinks on ice.

While Wilson hurt his shoulder and thumb one year in college is significant proof of what?  
At this moment he hasn’t missed a game from the 2022 season and the haters consider it an injury season.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

While Wilson hurt his shoulder and thumb one year in college is significant proof of what?  
At this moment he hasn’t missed a game from the 2022 season and the haters consider it an injury season.  

Missed the point completely. We have forever seen posters tell us since some great QB had struggles or injuries early in their career, therefore, the Jets' various QB going through such struggles would someday soon prosper. it doesn't happen. Vast overwhleming majorty of the time, sucking or getting hurt early in your career isn't some portend of greatness. It's what the player is and what he's gonna be. Usually the QB is still gonna stink. 

And in Wilson's case, don't expect to see him playing until midseason. 

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s so amusing that this entirely created talking about about Mac Jones’ “ceiling” resulting in a loss at some arbitrary point in the playoffs has become a thing. 

Incredible that many hold simultaneous beliefs that the draft is a crapshoot and no one can predict anything but that “ceiling” is an unalienable and quantitative fact. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Missed the point completely. We have forever seen posters tell us since some great QB had struggles or injuries early in their career, therefore, the Jets' various QB going through such struggles would someday soon prosper. it doesn't happen. Vast overwhleming majorty of the time, sucking or getting hurt early in your career isn't some portend of greatness. It's what the player is and what he's gonna be. Usually the QB is still gonna stink. 

At this point he has one injury on his NFL resume.  
I get whatever Simms did early in career means squat but there are plenty of players at all positions who have injuries in their 1st and 2nd seasons and then dont get hurt again.  The point being 2 injuries means so little you have to go back to HS ball and early in college to make a case for his durability.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Incredible that many hold both the beliefs that the draft is a crapshoot and no one can predict anything but that “ceiling” is an unalienable and quantitative fact. 

Which is different from deciding what a draftee will or won’t be out of the draft how? 
We all have done it

So the takeaway ...

Majority of Jets fans are weak stomached ninnies that would prefer safe stable game manager to electrifying generational arm talented gunsliger.

vous êtes tous des connards

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Would take Mac Jones’ rookie Pro Bowl and playoff rookie season in a heartbeat over Wilson .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

At this point he has one injury on his NFL resume.  
I get whatever Simms did early in career means squat but there are plenty of players at all positions who have injuries in their 1st and 2nd seasons and then dont get hurt again.  The point being 2 injuries means so little you have to go back to HS ball and early in college to make a case for his durability.  

Nor even durability. I don’t see anything that points to Wilson being a starter.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which is different from deciding what a draftee will or won’t be out of the draft how? 
We all have done it

Yes and I suggest that predicting who has a higher ceiling has a similar margin of error. Therefore, betting on one’s perception of “ceiling” after we have actual NFL performance data is dumb.

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Would take Mac Jones’ rookie Pro Bowl and playoff rookie season in a heartbeat over Wilson .

So would everyone except (some) Jets fans, which is fine but let’s not pretend it’s rooted in objectivity, even when cloaked in such a (highly) subjective opinion of “ceiling.”

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This would be his 4th injury in the last 4 years.

Jan 9, 2019Non-NFLShoulder Labrum TearWilson sustained a shoulder injury while playing in high school. He underwent surgery to repair a labrum in his right shoulder

Sep 28, 2019Non-NFLHand Thumb FractureWilson suffered a thumb injury suffered during the loss at Toledo. He missed 4 games

Oct 24, 2021NFLKnee PCL Sprain Grade 2Wilson suffered a PCL injury in New York's loss to the Patriots. He missed 4 games.

August 13, 2022 Bone bruise, out 2-4 weeks 

The knee is the biggest concern for sure. Has Zach had issues with the shoulder and finger since injuring them? 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes and I suggest that predicting who has a higher ceiling has a similar margin of error. Therefore, betting on one’s perception of “ceiling” after we have actual NFL performance data is dumb.

Ceiling is definitely a subjective term but I think you can look at a few different metrics like strength, speed, accuracy, and hand size to get a rough idea of where a guy is most likely to stack up. I mean heck, that is exactly why they do the combine and have percentiles. There are guys that fall short or exceed expectation so it's not an exact science. 

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pretty much all sports discussion/debates are dumb therefore

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Unless Zach Wilson takes what happened last night as a learning experience and starts to play like a professional NFL quarterback he'll be hurt again and it might just end up shortening his career.  He plays QB like a sandlot QB, he needs to start taking the snap, dropping back, set up, make his reads, find the open man and throw the ball FROM THE POCKET! All of this rolling out and running around to throw the ball on the run is all the kid can do. Look at his highlight reel from last year. His top 10 plays there was only one play where he did that, the rest were the same crap we always see.

Yeah crap like that doesn't work in today's game. You just have to look at Dak, Mahomes, Wilson , Murray , Lamar Jax and all the other sh*tty scrambling qb's.