Long Term / Short Term ...

KRL

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

C'mon this happens to finely chiseled athletes in almost every game. Injuries are part of the sport 

That’s fair. Saying he can’t make cuts in preseason games because he could get hurt is crazy though. Look at Lamar Jackson he’s not dialing it down when running. Your knee shouldn’t give out on a juke move.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You do not give up on a QB as highly talented as Zach after 17 games. There does come a time when you decide to move on, but that time is certainly not now and probably not next year either unless he is horrific. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I understand being the guy that hates a QB and how frustrating that can be (I hated Chad.) but we simply do not know yet what Zach is. Was it a bad pick? Sure. But that doesn't mean he is going to repeat that mistake. We have a loaded offense and we will know more about Zach but that is not for a while.

Not talking about the current QB, yet. It’s a general statement backed up by decades of observational data and a rigorous application of the scientific method thereto.

Just now, Matt39 said:

That’s fair. Saying he can’t make cuts in preseason games because he could get hurt is crazy though. Look at Lamar Jackson he’s not dialing it down when running. Your knee shouldn’t give out on a juke move.

I agree, freak injuries happen, look at Saquon Barkley, Christian McCaffery, Cam Akers,. If he's on the filed you can't worry about an injury , it could have happened if he stepped into a pass from the pocket.  Didn't Mahomes miss a few games last year , I didn't see people saying he shouldn't run anymore, 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Just as an FYI, there are 21 other players who have a stake in Wins & Losses. You can’t hang that solely on Flacco. 

Nice to know where you stand, i take it you have now excused darnold and sanchez and hackenburg?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Nice to know where you stand, i take it you have now excused darnold and sanchez and hackenburg?

Weren’t  they one of 22 starting players? I have not excused Darnold and Sanchez….. but there were also some mitigating circumstances to their struggles. Coaching, personnel, maturity issues and poor decision making that they didn’t have the talent to overcome.

Hackenburg should have been an UDFA, so I don’t even give him consideration.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Baker performs well he’ll either be extended or tagged. Everybody just thinks we can sign any QB. Other teams have a say in these matters too

This is a legitimate concern because if he is just average then we probably cant win with him and if he plays well Carolina will want to keep him.  Personally I think Jimmy G has shown that this system can make an above average QB look really good and I think Baker would be in that category. 

I also think this system should allow the team a great view of what zach is as a player because there will be 4-5 "easy completions" per game and if he isnt hitting 90% of those then he likely never will.  Wow throws are great, but if you cant hit conklin when hes wide open for a seven yard gain then the wow throws dont really matter.

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Baker performs well he’ll either be extended or tagged. Everybody just thinks we can sign any QB. Other teams have a say in these matters too

He also has incentives included in his contract.