Streveler vs White

Dunnie

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

White throws for like 450 yards and beats a good team in the reg season.  Well he only had one game he sucks.

Strevler has one quarter vs 3rd stringers in an ex game.....hes great we want strevler!

?

Mike Whites game vs Cincy and Glenn Foleys game vs the 9ers are 2 of the greatest games in the history of the Jets. 

Zach Wilson will NEVER touch either of those performances put up by scrub backups. Ever. 

Whoever thinks I'm wrong,  I'll put $1,000 on that bet and when Zach is no longer a Jet we can settle up. 

• Sympathy 2

Mike Whites game vs Cincy and Glenn Foleys game vs the 9ers are 2 of the greatest games in the history of the Jets. 

Zach Wilson will NEVER touch either of those performances put up by scrub backups. Ever. 

Whoever thinks I'm wrong,  I'll put $1,000 on that bet and when Zach is no longer a Jet we can settle up. 
Lol ... and .... are you saying Mr White is a better QB than Kenny O or Joe W Namath? Kid caught lightning in a bottle for 60 min... great moment for him ... one that will never return.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Lol ... and .... are you saying Mr White is a better QB than Kenny O or Joe W Namath? Kid caught lightning in a bottle for 60 min... great moment for him ... one that will never return.

Please, re-read what I wrote,  or have someone explain it to you. Your response doesn't even make sense. JFC....

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

I heard that was a thing what happened to your little mafia thingy? 

It had a pretty great run but died due to attrition.  Too many “regular” players got busy with real life, and the ones left behind couldn’t keep it going.  Sadness.

You would have been a fun addition to the community in its heyday.  

Please, re-read what I wrote,  or have someone explain it to you. Your response doesn't even make sense. JFC....
I interpreted it correctly .. you were attempting to make white look like a better QB than Wilson by referencing his legendary performance .... once you did that you opened up comparrisons to other Jets QBs that never reached that single game record.

FFS ... do you really th ink Mike White is a starter in this league????

• Upvote 1

I’d love to take your money

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am not saying he should start or even make the roster but Streveler looked surprisingly competent last night. He made quick decisions and showed some accuracy and wheels. It may not ever be with the Jets but he will at worst probably wind up on a PS after his work last night

27 years old… played in CFL.   We could do worse. 

• Upvote 1

What Streveler did he did without ever taking a rep in the preseason. What that tells me is this offense is easy to run. I’m sure he studied the playbook a little. He was against 3rd stringers but he’s a 4th stringer. Zach should be doing a better job it seems but we don’t know all the circumstances. Vanilla offensive calls. O line in shambles. So Streveler gets some reps and more playing time in the preseason and we will see what we got with him which probably won’t be too much but Zach better get his game right when he gets healthy is all I can say cause it didn’t look good last night. 

20 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I interpreted it correctly .. you were attempting to make white look like a better QB than Wilson by referencing his legendary performance .... once you did that you opened up comparrisons to other Jets QBs that never reached that single game record.

FFS ... do you really th ink Mike White is a starter in this league????

Ah. You can't read, or are making illogical conclusions. Cool.

No. ? 

I'll break this sh*t down Barney style for you:

Mike White and Glenn Foley are nobodies, backups, but each for just one day, had the game of their lives in the NFL playing for the Jets. Neither had/has a real future beyond journeyman backup, but both had 400+ Yard, multiple TD (3+) games. 

I have zero faith that Zach Wilson will ever have a game on that level as a Jet, Ever. 

And I am willing to put some $$ where my mouth is. 

Understand now? Or do I have to get some kind of picture book made?

No.  

I'll break this sh*t down special Olympics style for you:

Mike White and Glenn Foley are nobodies, backups, but each for just one day, had the game of their lives in the NFL playing for the Jets. Neither had/has a real future beyond journeyman backup, but both had 400+ Yard, multiple TD (3+) games. 

I have zero faith that Zach Wilson will ever have a game on that level as a Jet, Ever. 

I like the snark .... I'm not sure what this has to do with anything ... is there a conclusion to be drawn? Other than it's possible for any nobody to have an outlier performance?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. ? 

I'll break this sh*t down special Olympics style for you:

The breakdown is simpler.  You’re making two, mostly unrelated points. 
1) Mike White had a great game once

2) Zach Wilson sucks and will always suck 

Two distinct points with no real correlation 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The breakdown is simpler.  You’re making two, mostly unrelated points. 
1) Mike White had a great game once

2) Zach Wilson sucks and will always suck 

Two distinct points with no real correlation 

Neither correlation nor causation. Just 2 fluke events that happened that Wilson will not be able to repeat.

Just now, Dunnie said:

... Nor 98% of the QBs ever to play starting QB for the jets.

OK, would you like to adjust the standard to Pennington? Or that elite player Fitzpatrick? LOL. Or are you saying that Wilson will just suck like most of them did since Namath?

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Just reread this post. Kenny O and Namath both had multiple 430+ 4 Td Games. 

Namath had a 496 Yard game with 6...SIX TDs in a game in 1972 among 3 other 400+ yard games...

Hell, Richard Todd had two 400+ yard games for the Jets 

Testaverde threw for 481 in 2000 vs the Ravens

O'Brien had a 479 yard, 4 TD game vs Dolphins, and a 435 yard 4 TD game vs Seattle, both games with perfect Passer Ratings. Over an 11 year career and set several records that were since broken....

Add in Mike White and Glenn Foley, and it's a long list of guys who have had a great day passing for us. 

Right now, Wilson's major accomplishment will be playing a full season at just a competent level. 

Just reread this post. Kenny O and Namath both had multiple 430+ 4 Td Games. 
Namath had a 496 Yard game with 6...SIX TDs in a game in 1972 among 3 other 400+ yard games...
Hell, Richard Todd had two 400+ yard games for the Jets 
Testaverde threw for 481 in 2000 vs the Ravens
O'Brien had a 479 yard, 4 TD game vs Dolphins, and a 435 yard 4 TD game vs Seattle, both games with perfect Passer Ratings. Over an 11 year career and set several records that were since broken....

Add in Mike White and Glenn Foley, and it's a long list of guys who have had a great day passing for us. 

Right now, Wilson's major accomplishment will be playing a full season at just a competent level. 
Your true self is revealed ...

503887666d17b5982671a921a5491e81.jpg

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm guessing you aren't old enough to have seen Kenny O'Brien sling it out with Marino.  Because if you saw them, you wouldn't even remember Mike White's name, let alone Glen Foley.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm guessing you aren't old enough to have seen Kenny O'Brien sling it out with Marino.  Because if you saw them, you wouldn't even remember Mike White's name, let alone Glen Foley.

I watched that game live. Freaking Awesome!

The first season I vaguely remember watching was 1974, I was 4 years old and Namath was comeback player of the year and still the coolest guy around. 

And yes, sadly I remember too much. It's why I am the way I am.. ? 

O'Brien looked like he had "it" immediately.  So did Todd.  So did Nagle, if only for a moment. I liked Jeff Blake a lot, thought he never got a fair shake with us. Hated O'Donnell immediately.  Foley was a ikeable Longshot who randomly had a great day. I thought Pennington was The One, until he kept breaking. Sanchez first game vs the Texans I watched with my wife in a sportsbar in Stuart FL. My son was 8 months old in a toddler jersey...lol. after the game, I texted my buddy (and Batt Chief) Marty "I think we have a QB!". Oops. 

Disliked Geno immediately. Had zero faith in him.

Fitz was fun for a season,  but they neglected the position for a couple of years.

Petty was a joke.

Hack was a ridiculous joke.

I loved Sam.  Thought HE would be "The One". He wasn't. 

Zach is just meh. I have zero belief in him ever being more than a very poor man's Cousins or Dalton AT BEST.

I was a Trey Lance guy, he is Josh Allen 2.0. But JD fell in love with the kid from BYU and his Combine, and here we are....

2 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I’d rather have this jack of all trades as my 3rd QB behind Zach and Joe. And hope he never plays.  

Streveler is a winner!  I cannot wait to see him play again, hopefully he keeps it up.  If he does he can easily overtake White on depth.

With Zach injury now I could definitely see them keeping 3 QBs now at least in beginning of season.

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How did Mafia die when we had the two of you playing at the same point in human history, on the same forum?

I weep every day for this loss.  

I’m sad that mafia died. Would’ve been fun to play with those two anuses. Personally, I couldn’t do it anymore. Emphatically lying the way the game often requires was starting to scratch at my soul, lol.

• Haha 1