RIP Internet Doctors

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

For all those that swore zach tore his ACL because "I'm an doctor with xray vision and can instantly diagnose injuries from video!"

I never want to see that nonsense posted again.

Not to agree or disagree, but this isn't over. He has a damaged meniscus and "bone bruise". I had an MRI on my ankle years ago after an injury OTJ.  MRI report showed an atf tear and "unspecified injury to Talus".

During arthroscopic surgery, doctor sees my ATF tendon is RUPTURED, the Talus had a Fx, and the Achilles was partially torn as well. 4-6 weeks of recovery/rehab turned into 8 months out. Used a Knee Scooter for 6. 

I think the Dr. Chao's of the world, while they guessed ACL because those are typical on non contact injuries, the fact that he had damage to the knee is real and still developing. 

IF (a Huge, Bolded, Capitalized IF) Flacco tears it up week 1, gives JD and Saleh a reason to stick with the Vet, let Zach sit, watch, hang out with LaFleur game days, learn, and get even stronger. 

I haven't liked what I have seen of Zach. Guys that are drafted high and are destined to become good to great QBs typically show that they belong quickly. Wilson just hasn't done that yet.

The few reps he got last night were garbage, before the injury he got by being dumb. He needs to sit and learn, and not come back at 300lbs. 

? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If you are referring to Dr Chao he is usually correct (high 90%) and he states by video review. He and others do it because there is a demand for it because fans want to know asap. So it’s up to you whether to take the info as gospel. 

Saw it, I promptly dismissed it as ridiculous. Will continue to dismiss it as nonsense. Every doctor demands you come into their office to be evaluated.

Also, it's one thing for guys to offer an opinion. Some were demanding attention, flashing their credentials, and promising accurate diagnosis. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

That @Joe W. Namath guy insisted it was an obvious ACL. How long have you guys been watching football?

Enjoy your victory lap.  But if it comes out that the knee is worse then originally thought, you wont see me opening threads to gloat.  I will be frustrated and very disappointed.

But as of now, you are smart and i am dumb.  Congrats to you!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

For all those that swore zach tore his ACL because "I'm an doctor with xray vision and can instantly diagnose injuries from video!"

I'll stop posting stuff like that when other posters stop basing Wilson's future on every single practice and preseason pass and play.  

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not to agree or disagree, but this isn't over. He has a damaged meniscus and "bone bruise". I had an MRI on my ankle years ago after an injury OTJ.  MRI report showed an atf tear and "unspecified injury to Talus".

During arthroscopic surgery, doctor sees my ATF tendon is RUPTURED, the Talus had a Fx, and the Achilles was partially torn as well. 4-6 weeks of recovery/rehab turned into 8 months out. Used a Knee Scooter for 6. 

I think the Dr. Chao's of the world, while they guessed ACL because those are typical on non contact injuries, the fact that he had damage to the knee is real and still developing. 

The problem with performing an MRI right after an injury is that it's tough to get usable results from the images when the tissue in and around the injury is inflamed. When you run a billion dollar business that relies on the health of 52 guys you can do an MRI every day if you want but you aren't getting good diagnostic information outside of a visible and serious injury for weeks. I want to believe today's MRI tells the truth but we won't really know how bad the meniscus is until he's had weeks of anti-inflammatory meds and rehab to reduce inflammation and a good MRI can occur. 

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

If you are referring to Dr Chao he is usually correct (high 90%) and he states by video review. He and others do it because there is a demand for it because fans want to know asap. So it’s up to you whether to take the info as gospel. 

You're absolutely right there is a demand for it and if you want to build an online brand this is the route that gets you there; however, it's bad medicine and teaches people to have unhelpful expectations of doctors and treatment. There's no consequence if he's wrong about his guess because he can shrug and say, "well I just guessed from the video" and we all move on. He's not treating Wilson so he doesn't owe a duty to give medical opinions to the necessary standard. If he did this to a patient, it would be medical malpractice even if he was right. This nonsense gives people the impression that if their doctor can't diagnose them after a few minutes of discussion, then the doctor must be lazy or stupid. No, the doctor is unwilling to risk your health or license to practice medicine to substitute appropriate decision-making with meme guesses. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Enjoy your victory lap.  But if it comes out that the knee is worse then originally thought, you wont see me opening threads to gloat.  I will be frustrated and very disappointed.

The MRI they did on Wilson will be conclusive as far as the ACL and MCL are concerned. They miss things when it's  something  they aren't  looking for in particular.  Also the MRI they used on Zach is probably very accurate, much more than one's that are commonly  found in hospitals we go to. It's  pretty rare that if they are looking for damage to a particular part of the body, that they miss it. Those kind of things happen when they don't  know what they are looking for. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Thank you so much.  It was sooooooo annoying!!

And for doctors to make a diagnosis without an examination it was DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!

• WTF? 1

To be fair, it wasn’t the “wrong” call (which all thinking people recognize were guesses) but rather the unbelievable tonal shift that accompanied it. That’s the headliner here — not that you guessed about an injury.

In all fairness, you will have some avatars to make. 

3 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Chao has been more accurate diagnosing injuries from his sofa than Jets doctors have been after physically examining the player.  He easily hits on over 90% of his calls.  Meanwhile, Mekhi Becton was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and missed around 50.  Then his knee was stable with no real concern after exam just to find out he would miss the full season.

The Jets being unable to accurately diagnose players should be a far bigger concern than a doc on the internet hitting on better than 9 out of 10 from watching it happen on TV.

• Upvote 2

This reminds me of the time I handicapped a business result to my boss with a 25% chance of a positive outcome and a 75% chance of a negative one. The outcome was positive and he told me I had been “wrong.”

People do not innately understate probabilities and statistics. In fact, that’s why Vegas is not a one-motel truck stop in the desert.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Chao has been more accurate diagnosing injuries from his sofa than Jets doctors have been after physically examining the player.  He easily hits on over 90% of his calls.  Meanwhile, Mekhi Becton was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and missed around 50.  Then his knee was stable with no real concern after exam just to find out he would miss the full season.

The Jets being unable to accurately diagnose players should be a far bigger concern than a doc on the internet hitting on better than 9 out of 10 from watching it happen on TV.

Further until an orthopedic surgeon gets his arthroscope into Wilson's knee, it's all speculation. And the Jets' medical staff's track record is pretty bad. Fully expect Wilson to go for a 2nd opinion. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

The problem with performing an MRI right after an injury is that it's tough to get usable results from the images when the tissue in and around the injury is inflamed. When you run a billion dollar business that relies on the health of 52 guys you can do an MRI every day if you want but you aren't getting good diagnostic information outside of a visible and serious injury for weeks. I want to believe today's MRI tells the truth but we won't really know how bad the meniscus is until he's had weeks of anti-inflammatory meds and rehab to reduce inflammation and a good MRI can occur. 

You're absolutely right there is a demand for it and if you want to build an online brand this is the route that gets you there; however, it's bad medicine and teaches people to have unhelpful expectations of doctors and treatment. There's no consequence if he's wrong about his guess because he can shrug and say, "well I just guessed from the video" and we all move on. He's not treating Wilson so he doesn't owe a duty to give medical opinions to the necessary standard. If he did this to a patient, it would be medical malpractice even if he was right. This nonsense gives people the impression that if their doctor can't diagnose them after a few minutes of discussion, then the doctor must be lazy or stupid. No, the doctor is unwilling to risk your health or license to practice medicine to substitute appropriate decision-making with meme guesses. 

From what I understand there are physical exams you can to make sure the ACL is intact and that was negative. It could be better or worse when they get in there but really it could not be more positive at this point.

5 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Where did what Dr Chao is doing get compared to going to a Dr?  

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Agreed.  Jets medical staff is questionable and has been for years.

At least they caught Vinny Curry’s labs…

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope Im 100% wrong.  Lets see what they see when they go in the knee.  Ive seen plenty of blown out knees and that was a textbook one.  The positive prognosis we are getting now is nothing short of a miracle.  Keeping my fingers crossed but until a post surgery report, i cannot fully relax.

Joe i saw nothing. 

for the love of god can anyone here post a screen shot of the moment this knee allegedly went somewhere it shouldnt have?

It shouldnt be that hard. Post your evidence 

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope Im 100% wrong.  Lets see what they see when they go in the knee.  Ive seen plenty of blown out knees and that was a textbook one.  The positive prognosis we are getting now is nothing short of a miracle.  Keeping my fingers crossed but until a post surgery report, i cannot fully relax.

can i ask what you do for a living? ?