Zach Wilson Update: QB Could be Ready for Week 1

JetNation

46 minutes ago, JTJet said:

RIP Mike White. 

This has been obvious for a good while. 

they didn’t make Mike White the third string QB because they want him to play. 

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh my God. 

If you have listened to Saleh, he’s been telling us this since last season. 

• Upvote 1

Can anyone explain why you would rush Wilson back? What have you seen that makes you think he's an NFL starter? He mostly looked terrible last year, and in his 2 series last night there wasn't anything much better. I understand Jets aren't cutting bait(yet?), but they would be nuts to rely on him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Can anyone explain why you would rush Wilson back? What have you seen that makes you think he's an NFL starter? He mostly looked terrible last year, and in his 2 series last night there wasn't anything much better. I understand Jets aren't cutting bait(yet?), but they would be nuts to rely on him. 
I don't know how to interpret this post .. Zach will start when healthy because he is clearly the best young QB on the team ... if he is out or on IR Flacco and Streveler fill in.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I don't know how to interpret this post .. Zach will start when healthy because he is clearly the best young QB in the team ... if he is out or on IR Flacco and Streveler fill in.

Really? He is the highest drafted QB on the team. Looked marignally better at the end of the season when they simplified the offense to noncompetitive mush. He hasn't shown even once he's  a competent passer.  Offense was uniformly terrible last season with Wilson. But on the occasion White or Flacco was in there, offense looked okay, even good with White vs Bengals. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Really? He is the highest drafted QB on the team. Looked marignally better at the end of the season when they simplified the offense to noncompetitive mush. He hasn't shown even once he's a even a competent passer.  Offense was uniformly terrible last season with Wilson. But on the occasion White or Flacco was in there, offense looked okay. 
White is on the bubble competing with Steveler .. Flacco is an excellent veteran backup.

• Upvote 1

They better not start him week 1. Let him watch at least one game and help him fully heal. Nothing worse than a near miss injury that becomes a bad one because he was put in too quickly

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This has been obvious for a good while. 

they didn’t make Mike White the third string QB because they want him to play. 

If you have listened to Saleh, he’s been telling us this since last season. 

Josina Anderson is the designated conduit for players and agents. If she’s saying “Get ready for Joe Flacco, Jets fans!” it’s because Zach Wilson ain’t coming back in 2 to 4 weeks. You boys can be as salty as you want about Mike White, but a month of Flacco will have you on YouTube searching for Luke Falk highlights.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Josina Anderson is the designated conduit for players and agents. If she’s saying “Get ready for Joe Flacco, Jets fans!” it’s because Zach Wilson ain’t coming back in 2 to 4 weeks. You boys can be as salty as you want about Mike White, but a month of Flacco will have you on YouTube searching for Luke Falk highlights.

Lol. shes saying the same thing as all the others you bafoon. Get your games outta here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. shes saying the same thing as all the others you bafoon. Get your games outta here. 

1. It’s “buffoon.”

2. Come eat this ass when Flacco is starting up through Week Five minimum

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not salty about Mike White.

if it were up to me he would be starting in Wilson’s absence. I think it’s a cruel joke that Flacco is starting. Talk to the coach, who doesn’t seem to love him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

There's something a little fishy about the reports - coming from the Jets - that Zach might be ready for week 1 with the injury being 2-4 weeks. I don't trust the Jets front office at all.

I hope Zach is OK but this is going to hurt his progress, even he only misses 2 to 3 games, he'll start out under a great deal of pressure if we start the season without a win.

3 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Your son probably not f*cking cougars like Zach, so should hit his goal. 

Zach will have "relapses" 

🤣 No steady girlfriend- also a great kid with a very bright future. I’m not rushing him- they were runner up in States last year. It’s him that feels he has unfinished  business. I’m leaving it up to him, his ortho doctor and the coaches.

👍

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Quick math.

Opening day is 28 days away or 4 full weeks....

if, as they say the injury is 2-4 weeks (28 days)  not sure how someone could call it "wildly optimistic."

Sounds to me like things would have to go poorly for him not to start week 1.   Unless, of course, the reports are inaccurate and it's not really a 2-4 week injury.

Of course the diagnosis is inaccurate...that's why we're getting the conflicting messages. Wilson is absolutely done for the year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I skew slightly negative, but I feel like watching Zach Wilson trying to learn how to be a pocket passer would be like watching my dog trying to drive a school bus full of children through a nitroglycerin factory. 

What kind of dog?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I skew slightly negative, but I feel like watching Zach Wilson trying to learn how to be a pocket passer would be like watching my dog trying to drive a school bus full of children through a nitroglycerin factory

You got a problem with my hobbies?

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Not sure you're aware, but Mike White sucks cock

^^^ Quit the board 12 months ago when the Jets couldn't get Trevor Lawrence.  Now goes out of his way to rip on the QB3 to protect his new boo face.  Also defended Jamal Adams.

You're like a good-looking, rich man's Nico.  This will not end well.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Quit the board 12 months ago when the Jets couldn't get Trevor Lawrence.  Now goes out of his way to rip on the QB3 to protect his new boo face.  Also defended Jamal Adams.

You're like a good-looking, rich man's Nico.  This will not end well.

Screams anyone who is skeptical about a Jets QB is fake fan.

Openly says a Jets QB… some ridiculous homophobic thing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The internet never forgets, sir.  The internet is forever.

Fast forward to 2023 “Jesus, he’s not a Jet anymore stop beating a dead horse.” But then when he has a non-putrid appearance in mop up duty for his next team:

Cleveland Cavaliers Dancing GIF by NBA

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1