Just watched the game - this board needs therapy…

16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Any smart HC would not be starting the franchise QB in the 1st preseason game. Dumb dumb dumb.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

The franchise QB…

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Perhaps using the reference ’any smart HC’ in connection to the NY Jets was the mistake. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jalen Hurts kept referring to the Jets as “Wake Forest,” but ok 

I lived in DC 20 years ago when the ball coach took over the skins.  I’ll always remember the ‘Osaka’ preseason game, 1st preseason game of the year, when Danny Wuerfuel threw for like 300 yds in the 1st half.   How did that work out ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He locked onto the receiver from the snap. The whole stadium knew where he was throwing. He also stared down Moore on the completion.  The difference was Moore made such a good cut, it didn't  matter. 

I was kidding.  He was looking at the receiver a whole 5 yards away. Two step drop and throw.  He was looking where he was throwing.  And he looked at Moore before he completed the pass.   Why would it matter.  Every time a QB looks at a receiver it isn’t a problem.  I knew who Hurts was throwing to,every time he passed, he locked onto them.  Wasn’t a problem

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He telegraphed that throw. The only thing missing was a thank you. 

Who would have imagined that a QB prospect who came from a conference with a low level of competition, and only really impressed in the oddest year, and spiked in the draft in the "last minute" would make foolish decisions at the pro level?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I kidding.  He was looking at the receiver a whole 5 yards away. Two step drop and throw.  He was looking where he was throwing.  And he looked at Moore before he completed the pass.   Why would it matter.  Every time a QB looks at a receiver it isn’t a problem.  I knew who Hurts was throwing to,every time he passed, he locked onto them.  Wasn’t a problem

Funny thing is that Hurts took a sweet tackle and bounced back like it was nothing. Our guy dove on his own, no contact, and is, imho, done for the year. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Anybody notice Garrett Wilson last night?

Amazing how the Steelers just manage to hit on WRs in the draft year after year.

Doesn’t matter which round, how good or bad the WR class is perceived to be, etc.

Pickens looks like a beast.

He wasn’t hard to notice.  He hardly plaayed but what do the Steelers have to do with it?

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He wasn’t hard to notice.  He hardly plaayed but what do the Steelers have to do with it?

Garrett Wilson wasn’t worth a top-10 pick.

The Jets don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to WRs.

They’ve gotten Elijah Moore right and everything else wrong.

4 hours ago, Nixhead said:

For the Jets to come out like they did - It was a disaster! Starting defense looked horrible and gives up an easy TD. Starting offense couldn't run then Zach throws a horrible interception. Down 14-0 right off the bat after such high hopes all offseason. On top of all that Zach gets hurt and possibly out for the season - Yes it was a disaster and we all had to suffer thru it knowing Zach most likely out for the season - thank goodness it appears he won't be out long but last night was not fun. On top of that the Mets lost.?

Note that with no Quincy Williams late hit on Hurts the Eagles missed the first down and were not yet in FG range. So, they may not have even scored on the 1st drive if not for that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

No it won't because then there will be real games to worry about that carry much more significance than a preseason game . If we think theres drama now it will get ramped up to 11 Spinal Tap style when that time comes. 

Right, but when the games actually matter, the “drama” will be more justifiable. Right now, you have people drawing definitive conclusions about players (including rookies) after the first preseason game, and in many cases, the first couple of drives in the first preseason game. 

this place is looney tunes right now. 

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Thanks you proved my point.

I don't have to say anything anymore because you need therapy

You literally just stated that it is reasonable to declare the upcoming season over based on….. ::gulp:: ……the first 12 minutes of the first preseason game.

So there ya go lil betty thanks

So you were the guy really happy knowing zach Wilson went down with a non contact knee injury. That's pretty normal....

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Note that with no Quincy Williams late hit on Hurts the Eagles missed the first down and were not yet in FG range. So, they may not have even scored on the 1st drive if not for that.

Yeah but U can’t say that cause u could then say that about every play and it did happen. Nice try though. 

Sat down and watched the game on Saturday morning.   The lack of gas and brains to open the game was unexpected.  The Eagles brought way more intensity and effort with their starters.   It felt like we were out of gas to start the game.

Neither team was trying to scheme they simple out hustled us.  The rest of the game you expect guys trying to make the team to hustle and play hard and they did. 

The starters just left me feeling they are soft, don’t really care, or completely unprepared to compete.  It’s preseason and it doesn’t really matter but I think this team needs a HC to take his foot off the gas and shove it up the ass of several of the starters.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Sat down and watched the game on Saturday morning.   The lack of gas and brains to open the game was unexpected.  The Eagles brought way more intensity and effort with their starters.   It felt like we were out of gas to start the game.
Neither team was trying to scheme they simple out hustled us.  The rest of the game you expect guys trying to make the team to hustle and play hard and they did. 
The starters just left me feeling they are soft, don’t really care, or completely unprepared to compete.  It’s preseason and it doesn’t really matter but I think this team needs a HC to take his foot off the gas and shove it up the ass of several of the starters.  
.46273635e51aaf187b31544f26c7742b.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I kidding.  He was looking at the receiver a whole 5 yards away. Two step drop and throw.  He was looking where he was throwing.  And he looked at Moore before he completed the pass.   Why would it matter.  Every time a QB looks at a receiver it isn’t a problem.  I knew who Hurts was throwing to,every time he passed, he locked onto them.  Wasn’t a problem

If you look at how White throws his short passes, Whites eyes are looking at the middle of the field. He will then quickly turn his head and throw it. Brady never looks at a receiver until he is ready to throw. You don't  know where the ball is going until it's  on its way. With Wilson, his eyes are fixed on that spot and then he throws to that spot. I actually was looking at where he was throwing on my TV before he threw it. He gave the play away. On top of it, the reciever wasn't  even open. The defender was on the receivers right hip the whole time. He was doing this last season as well. I am sure there is a book on Wilson for defensive players to watch Wilson's eyes and you will know where the ball is going. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Again, you said Saleh didn’t know what he was doing when he punted on 4th and 1.
From his own 20, down 14-10.

Two series has now lead  you to claim Wilson wasn’t worth a top 10 and the Jets, along with pretty much everyone I’ve read or heard was wrong about GW.  

13 hours ago, HighPitch said:

And his knee? LOL it was NOTHING. It just looked he he fell. There was no twist.

Do young healthy pro-athletes usually get bone bruises and torn menicus from "just falling down like it was nothing".

And are you angry then, that Zach will be missing at least 2-4 weeks and having surgery for a "nothing"?

Thanks.

P.S. it's much easier to be unconcerned after the fact, when you already know the outcome.  Far different from reactions in the moment.  

This seems just a tad...presumptive.  At this point.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Drums said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Easy to say that it wasn't that bad AFTER knowing the prognosis on Zach. It was pretty rough live.

It really wasn't for non insane people.  Not calling you and insane person, but more so the crazies on twitter. It was one of the more benign tweeks you will ever see. The groupthink and twitter hivemind that exploded was utterly insane. The amount of bluechecks and ex players just simply parroting "that looks terrible!!!" It's so weird with injuries on the field its like everyone wants to outdue one another in proclaiming how bad something looks, regardless of whether or not it actually looks bad, or more importantly proves to be bad. Humans are weird.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This is just a flat out lie. How did their opening 80 yard drive for a touchdown look like crap? What are you talking about. At least try to be objective through the green glasses 

The opening drive was only made possible by a stupid penalty on a drive ending play. It would have been 6-0 Eagles with Hurts in the game. Context is everything. 

I really liked Pickens in the draft, he was a great value in the second round and im not surprised that he looks great.

The thing is though that JD has a specific type of player that he is looking for and Pickens had too many character issues for JD.  You will probably counter that it doesnt matter when a player is really talented, etc but I believe that he is building a full culture here and trust his process. 

Im not the biggest  wilson fan as he had some very high drop numbers for an elite WR but he dos possess elite traits and work ethic so lets give it a year before we label him a bust. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He locked onto the receiver from the snap. The whole stadium knew where he was throwing. He also stared down Moore on the completion.  The difference was Moore made such a good cut, it didn't  matter. 

@Jet Nut I think you are both right. Wilson looked at Davis, but he had to (you aren't going to throw a no look pass there) because it was a bang bang play and there was not enough time to look the defender off. The pass should not have been thrown because the LB was there and your best case scenario is that the LB decapitates Davis. It was a very poor read by the QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Can you elaborate on this? 

Sure thing. I base that personal opinion on the rather long history of misdiagnosis on Jets players by Jets medical staff. Mekhi Becton bs diagnosis is the last piece of evidence. Too many times, I , we Jets fans, have seen the oddest injuries on Jets players who supposedly were not that bad, just to find out ast months progressed, that the situation was way worse that originally thought. 

I am not a Wilson or a Wilson hater. I wanted another kid from the draft. I will continue to support him while he is on the team. If I were him, I would get not just one, but two opinions from doctors with at least 6 degrees of separation from Jets doctors.