Just watched the game - this board needs therapy…

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Speak for yourself. I’m a Manchurian poster sent by Belichick to sow disharmony and disrupt bonhomie among Jets fans. Once I receive my telepathic trigger signal from the mothership, I will be activated and reveal myself to be an agent of the Dark Lord.

Dark Lord of the Trolls.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And I didn't claim everyone fits that category , I put it at about 25%. And like I've said before previously , I have no problem debating posters based on their pov's , but its when people speak in absolutes - like they're busts after which you back it down and say one looming . 

Not that many people speak in absolutes.  The vast majority of the posters just want to engage and talk football and Jets football.   Being a fan is also an emotional investment.  Not all engagement is unemotional and rational.   Most of it is part rational and part emotional.  You're mature enough to discount the emotional.  Some can't.  I'm not sure why this is a big deal?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Not that many people speak in absolutes.  The vast majority of the posters just want to engage and talk football and Jets football.   Being a fan is also an emotional investment.  Not all engagement is unemotional and rational.   Most of it is part rational and part emotional.  You're mature enough to discount the emotional.  Some can't.  I'm not sure why this is a big deal?

I  personally was just sickened by the seeming sense of glee some took out of Friday nights events . And I know it was a mixed bag with some being sad/disappointed but the narrative by some that good Wilson has an ACL , we'll be better off now. I guess is just got me going a bit.  I'm here to talk football and support my team and to escape the negativity of everything going on around us. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I  personally was just sickened by the seeming sense of glee some took out of Friday nights events . And I know it was a mixed bag with some being sad/disappointed but the narrative by some that good Wilson has an ACL , we'll be better off now. I guess is just got me going a bit.  I'm here to talk football and support my team and to escape the negativity of everything going on around us. 

I watched it Saturday morning.  I was very distirbued by the play of Zach and our starting D.  Rooting for an injury is insane.  I was a little freaked out that he got hurt and very glad it looks like he's going to be okay possibly for game 1.  

Zach being good is key to this team turning around.  There is no narative to support or hope that he fails.  It's not negative or positive it's dumb if your a Jets fan.   Now speculating why you think he is going to fail isn't an argument that I object to.  Rooting for him to fail is.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I watched it Saturday morning.  I was very distirbued by the play of Zach and our starting D.  Rooting for an injury is insane.  I was a little freaked out that he got hurt and very glad it looks like he's going to be okay possibly for game 1.  

Zach being good is key to this team turning around.  There is no narative to support or hope that he fails.  It's not negative or positive it's dumb if your a Jets fan.   Now speculating why you think he is going to fail isn't an argument that I object to.  Rooting for him to fail is.  

Amen brother !!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

If being a Real Jets Fan™ requires one to alternate between “LEAAAVE BRITTNAY ALLLONE!!!” defense of the QB one moment and hulk smashing all your worldly possessions because the QB threw a pick the next moment, I’m glad I’m a fake fan.

Well, my post had nothing to do with makes a fan real or fake because that's an utterly stupid conversation but if that's what you took from it, have at it!  Fwiw, this isnt exclusive to Jets fans, the entire NFL does it, media too but I post here and had to read grown men melting down left and right over a nothing burger so, now it's my duty to make people understand just how stupid they look.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Real Fans and Guys Who Know Ball don’t panic until Week 15. Only Casual Fans get upset about long, long trends of consistently horrible football.

You dont even watch Football, you fraud.  Your entire takes on the interwebz revolves around what you hear on podcasts. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

It amazes me that the one actual football point you made was that pre-season is about preparation and execution and yet you failed to mention that the starters for 2 series weren't prepared, didn't execute and the guys in the other uniforms starters not only were prepared and executed they played like the actually enjoy the game and put some effort into it.   If it doesn't matter how come the other team did it and we didn't. 

The OP like you happen to be on a Jets board about football.  Instead of  making a football point or engaging in a positive discussion you want to make a blanket attack on Jets fans who actually reacted to the play on the field.  

You seem to agree that preperation and execution is the only thing that matters in pre-season.  If that's the criteria the Jets starters, the guys who will be playing in meaningful games, shat the bed.  That's concerning to Jets fans.  

If you don't think execution matters why have practice at all. 

You didnt read my post sweetheart.  I said the preseason is not about execution, it's more about prepping like it's game day and that practice and organized team scrimmages vs. other teams are more important.  This is verified by every ******* player int the NFL.  So, yes, without a shadow of a doubt it means absolutely ******* nothing at all that the Eagles first team did this or that and the Jets didnt.  Totally and utterly meaningless and that FACT, has been proven over and over again, year after year in this league.  The only meaningful takeaway from that game is Zach Wilson is injury prone.  Otherwise, the takeaways are for fringe players and you wouldnt have an earthly clue what the coaching staff is looking at form that perspective. 

The OP made an observation about the board overreacting.  I agreed because he's 100% right.  It's on you if you dont know the NFL well enough to understand that simple fact but dont bitch at me for trying to educate all the over sensitive twats on the board.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You didnt read my post sweetheart.  I said the preseason is not about execution, it's more about prepping like it's game day and that practice and organized team scrimmages vs. other teams are more important.  This is verified by every ******* player int the NFL.  So, yes, without a shadow of a doubt it means absolutely ******* nothing at all that the Eagles first team did this or that and the Jets didnt.  Totally and utterly meaningless and that FACT, has been proven over and over again, year after year in this league.  The only meaningful takeaway from that game is Zach Wilson is injury prone.  Otherwise, the takeaways are for fringe players and you wouldnt have an earthly clue what the coaching staff is looking at form that perspective. 

The OP made an observation about the board overreacting.  I agreed because he's 100% right.  It's on you if you dont know the NFL well enough to understand that simple fact but dont bitch at me for trying to educate all the over sensitive twats on the board.

Soft post.  You're obviously a Saleh guy.  By prep do you mean they actually came out and sat on the correct sideline?   What were they preping for?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Well, my post had nothing to do with makes a fan real or fake because that's an utterly stupid conversation but if that's what you took from it, have at it!  Fwiw, this isnt exclusive to Jets fans, the entire NFL does it, media too but I post here and had to read grown men melting down left and right over a nothing burger so, now it's my duty to make people understand just how stupid they look.

I am fully against one fan questioning another’s fandom. Anytime you see me mention it, it’s scathing sarcasm :) 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Soft post.  You're obviously a Saleh guy.  

lol - I know this isnt cool on the interwebz and doesnt make you popular because you need to make definitive hot takes and be the first to be right about something to standout and be liked by the cool crowd, so I know I'm a super lame softy but ready for this?  I have no clue what we have in Saleh.  He inherited the worst team in Football with a toxic stench left behind from the old regime and hasnt even played a single game in second season.  So, time will tell on Saleh but what I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt is nobody in the world learned anything about Robert Saleh on Friday Night.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I am fully against one fan questioning another’s fandom. Anytime you see me mention it, it’s scathing sarcasm :) 

Oh man, remember the, you're not a real fan unless you have authentic jersey conversations...??? 

lmfao

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You dont even watch Football, you fraud.  Your entire takes on the interwebz revolves around what you hear on podcasts. 

[Pauses Mina Kimes podcast in the middle of Bill Barnwell not being able to remember Mekhi Becton’s name but also saying it doesn’t matter because Zach Wilson’s DVOA was giggle giggle giggle]

How dare you, sir

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

[Pauses Mina Kimes podcast in the middle of Bill Barnwell not being able to remember Mekhi Becton’s name but also saying it doesn’t matter because Zach Wilson’s DVOA was giggle giggle giggle]

How dare you, sir

What do they say about White vs. Flacco? 

26 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lol - I know this isnt cool on the interwebz and doesnt make you popular because you need to make definitive hot takes and be the first to be right about something to standout and be liked by the cool crowd, so I know I'm a super lame softy but ready for this?  I have no clue what we have in Saleh.  He inherited the worst team in Football with a toxic stench left behind from the old regime and hasnt even played a single game in second season.  So, time will tell on Saleh but what I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt is nobody in the world learned anything about Robert Saleh on Friday Night.

Dude?  There is no possible way to be cool on a Jets board.  We are Jets fans.  There's nothing cool about it.  Nothing says dork more than being a Jets fan.  I own it, do you?

On 8/13/2022 at 7:56 PM, HighPitch said:

I did not watch last night but I followed the game thread. I just watched the replay.

The picture painted last night resembled something like this was the lowest point in jet history. Some guys described how awful zach played how his knee buckled like theisman.

Well, overall it was not anything like that. Perfect? No. Disappointing? Absolutely. But holy mother god do most of you guys overreact.

zach wasnt bad except for that int. Dude just was warming up. And his knee? LOL it was NOTHING. It just looked he he fell. There was no twist.

I didn’t even know they won because i was so pissed following the game thread i cut out.

MAJOR OVERREACTION SEEK THERAPY

Defense looked baddd

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Entirely plausible (not saying likely) that this team could compete for  playoff spot if Flacco or White are merely servicable. Would certainly be wonderful off of this injury Wilson turns into Steve Young, but I don't see that happening, ever. As a fan base the perpetual QB sheetshow makes me personally much more ready to cut bait on Wilson. I am not the the HC nor the GM. But perspective even for them has to be if Wilson isn't a player, then so be it, be gone and next up. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They both agreed Mike White was the best QB on the roster last year. #Facts

Smart.  If there is one strong criticism I have of Saleh/JD, it's the handling of the back-up QB position.  I dont understand this obsession with Flacco and the unwillingness to give White more run.  I dont understand how 1 game vs. Buffalo eliminates how much he was balling out and the team was rallying around him during that stretch.  I could understand it if Flacco came and led them to a victory but he put up 17 pts.  The guy hasnt won a game since 2019.

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Dude?  There is no possible way to be cool on a Jets board.  We are Jets fans.  There's nothing cool about it.  Nothing says dork more than being a Jets fan.  I own it, do you?

I was just being silly but I own all my flaws, dorking out is one of them, duh.

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Smart.  If there is one strong criticism I have of Saleh/JD, it's the handling of the back-up QB position.  I dont understand this obsession with Flacco and the unwillingness to give White more run.  I dont understand how 1 game vs. Buffalo eliminates how much he was balling out and the team was rallying around him during that stretch.  I could understand it if Flacco came and led them to a victory but he put up 17 pts.  The guy hasnt won a game since 2019.

If you are expecting Robert Saleh to be an out of the box thinker, that was your first mistake. In part because he's a defensive coach. Who are you gonna start, guy who won a Super Bowl or some hick for Western Kentucky? He's thinking ahead to which choice gives him more questions if it doesn't work out. 

31 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Best case scenario for Saleh: Jets go 1-1 with Flacco leading the team to 20 points per game.

Mid scenario: Jets go 0-2 and Flacco looks like hell.

Worst case scenario for Saleh: Jets somehow go 2-0 with Mike White. Zach Wilson is ready to play Week Three against the Bengals, gets the start, and the Jets lose 42-7. Cameras locked in full-time on Mike White on the sideline.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Best case scenario for Saleh: Jets go 1-1 with Flacco leading the team to 20 points per game.

Worst case scenario for Saleh: Jets somehow go 2-0 with Mike White. Zach Wilson is ready to play Week Three against the Bengals and the Jets lose 42-7. 

Cant argue you're wrong, as much as it saddens me to say it. 

What happens in the unlikely scenario the offense w/ Flacco explodes, he's looking vintage Flacco, the RB's are going bonkers in the run game and the Jets are scoring in the high 20s/low 30s and start 2-0?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Cant argue you're wrong, as much as it saddens me to say it. 

What happens in the unlikely scenario the offense w/ Flacco explodes, he's looking vintage Flacco, the RB's are going bonkers in the run game and the Jets are scoring in the high 20s/low 30s and start 2-0?

Joe Flacco’s best season was 27 TDs, 12 INTs with 62% completions. 2014. There is zero chance he’s going to light anything up.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Worst case scenario for Saleh: Jets somehow go 2-0 with Mike White. Zach Wilson is ready to play Week Three against the Bengals, gets the start, and the Jets lose 42-7. Cameras locked in full-time on Mike White on the sideline.

and you know he needs a few games to get in sync. i was hoping it wouldn't be like that in year 2 but apparently, he needs it after he throws an INT in his 1st 5 passes of the year. and guys who are back bagging groceries at Shop-Rite didn't throw any with more passes.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Flacco’s best season was 27 TDs, 12 INTs with 62% completions. 2014. There is zero chance he’s going to light anything up.

Not over a full season.  But he can still throw a good deep ball.  And they’re going to have to rely on the rbs early on anyway.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Oh man, remember the, you're not a real fan unless you have authentic jersey conversations...??? 

lmfao

Yes! Someone called me and my dad out on here because we posted pictures wearing Namath jerseys with the late 90s design. I posted a pic of Namath himself wearing same exact jersey as a retort. That slug crawled under a rock and was never heard from again lol.

14 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

What did you observe and what is YOUR conclusion?   Do you have medical training supporting it?   

Am I remembering wrong or was Becton diagnosed to be out a minimum of four weeks because it was not that severe, later basically Saleh admitted under questioning that Becton was not coming back and will be out all year, and then even further this year when he was reinjured if I recall correctly, Saleh as much admitted that the injury was more severe than originally thought?

Am I wrong in my recollection?

Bridgewater was a better QB than any that came after him here.  He was a solid middle of the pack QB and we let him walk.  This roster is a possible post season contended provided we have that middle of the pack guy under center. 

I don't think Zack is the guy.  I know, I know, small sample size etc etc.  It's just my opinion.  I never want to say ANY player injured.  Zack got injured and so Flacco will due till something better comes along, and/or JD finds us some middle of the pack vet somehow.

So I wasn't gleeful I was just ok with and looking forward to what comes next. 

I hope Zack proves me wrong!        

• Thumb Down 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 12:10 AM, slimjasi said:

Can you elaborate on this? 

As I said to you back then, that whole narrative that Wilson was going to be "right back" was nothing more than bs; they started today phase 1 when the "minor injury" magically gets extended for no reason. Phase 2 will start soon. I dare to say Wilson will not play against the Steelers. Wilson will definitely not play significant time this year, and may be out for the year.

• Thumb Down 1