Just watched the game - this board needs therapy…

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Anybody notice Garrett Wilson last night?

Amazing how the Steelers just manage to hit on WRs in the draft year after year.

Doesn’t matter which round, how good or bad the WR class is perceived to be, etc.

Pickens looks like a beast.

Wilson caught all the balls thrown to him except the one that the QB air mailed over his head. Give G Wilson time, not all receivers are going to play like Jefferson or Chase. 

Pickens is a good player, but that was never the question. Hopefully the personality rumors don't derail his career. 

43 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@Jet Nut I think you are both right. Wilson looked at Davis, but he had to (you aren't going to throw a no look pass there) because it was a bang bang play and there was not enough time to look the defender off. The pass should not have been thrown because the LB was there and your best case scenario is that the LB decapitates Davis. It was a very poor read by the QB. 

Of course I agree.  Just that there are times when you do look only one way, at only one receiver.  And the quick two step drop, fire it on time pass is exactly it.  Problem is looking at that receiver he shouldn’t have thrown the ball but apparently he didn’t see the LB crossing over who jumped the pass.  I’m watching Colts/Bills and in the Colts first drive inside the 15 M Ryan stared his WR down, never looked away and completed a pass to get to the 2.  Every pass isn’t completed by looking off a defender.  The pass in the Eagles game couldn’t be looked off.  There wasn’t enough time, didn’t fit the situation.  Problem is when some see it and think that mens he hasn’t learned then try to tell you he does it every pass or is incapable.  He has enough to overcome, he’s barely out of his rookie year we don’t have to make up stuff he doesn’t have to overcome

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Sure thing. I base that personal opinion on the rather long history of misdiagnosis on Jets players by Jets medical staff. Mekhi Becton bs diagnosis is the last piece of evidence. Too many times, I , we Jets fans, have seen the oddest injuries on Jets players who supposedly were not that bad, just to find out ast months progressed, that the situation was way worse that originally thought. 

I am not a Wilson or a Wilson hater. I wanted another kid from the draft. I will continue to support him while he is on the team. If I were him, I would get not just one, but two opinions from doctors with at least 6 degrees of separation from Jets doctors. 

You claim that Becton was misdiagnosed -  can you cite evidence for this assertion? 

I agree that athletes should always get a second opinion on these things.

11 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

I lived in DC 20 years ago when the ball coach took over the skins.  I’ll always remember the ‘Osaka’ preseason game, 1st preseason game of the year, when Danny Wuerfuel threw for like 300 yds in the 1st half.   How did that work out ?

One word answer - Wuerfuel 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Who would have imagined that a QB prospect who came from a conference with a low level of competition, and only really impressed in the oddest year, and spiked in the draft in the "last minute" would make foolish decisions at the pro level?

How was the competition Josh Allen faced in college , And Steve Young Is from some little old school that Oh Yeah - WIlson went to.  Competition can be a factor but its not a determining one. Personally I favored Fields in the draft as I just felt he had a better mentality for the NFL game .  But we need to give Wilson time , I agree jury is still out , but nowhere near time to abandon ship yet. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

So we are glossing over Jalen Hurts looking like pat Ma homes against our first defense? Ok cool

Sad reality is this team will not win 3 games this season unless the defense gets it sh*t together, and fast. I sat there picturing Lamar Jackson running absolutely wild on them week 1. Now I realize it was only 2 series, but I cannot recall seeing WRs and TE open as much as seemingly every team's WR's and TE's always are against this defense. They looked the same as they did last season, unprepared, confused, and every other adjective one could use to describe mediocrity.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Wilson caught all the balls thrown to him except the one that the QB air mailed over his head. Give G Wilson time, not all receivers are going to play like Jefferson or Chase. 

Pickens is a good player, but that was never the question. Hopefully the personality rumors don't derail his career. 

Last year in TC/pre-season everyone was labeling Chase a bust because he dropped a few passes - what's that teach us all about overreaction. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

Sat down and watched the game on Saturday morning.   The lack of gas and brains to open the game was unexpected.  The Eagles brought way more intensity and effort with their starters.   It felt like we were out of gas to start the game.

Neither team was trying to scheme they simple out hustled us.  The rest of the game you expect guys trying to make the team to hustle and play hard and they did. 

The starters just left me feeling they are soft, don’t really care, or completely unprepared to compete.  It’s preseason and it doesn’t really matter but I think this team needs a HC to take his foot off the gas and shove it up the ass of several of the starters.  

I call this "Saleh syndrome". All talk and no action. This is exactly why this board went bonkers after only 1 PS game. Guy's a hell of a salesman, but a lousy football coach.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Of course I agree.  Just that there are times when you do look only one way, at only one receiver.  And the quick two step drop, fire it on time pass is exactly it.  Problem is looking at that receiver he shouldn’t have thrown the ball but apparently he didn’t see the LB crossing over who jumped the pass.  I’m watching Colts/Bills and in the Colts first drive inside the 15 M Ryan stared his WR down, never looked away and completed a pass to get to the 2.  Every pass isn’t completed by looking off a defender.  The pass in the Eagles game couldn’t be looked off.  There wasn’t enough time, didn’t fit the situation.  Problem is when some see it and think that mens he hasn’t learned then try to tell you he does it every pass or is incapable.  He has enough to overcome, he’s barely out of his rookie year we don’t have to make up stuff he doesn’t have to overcome

Excellent point and taken in context to game situation . Won't stop the armchair QB's from drawing their bust conclusions from that play though. 

51 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You claim that Becton was misdiagnosed -  can you cite evidence for this assertion? 

I agree that athletes should always get a second opinion on these things.

Observable evidence sir. If you disagree, that's cool. We can both move on from each other on this matter.

29 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

How was the competition Josh Allen faced in college , And Steve Young Is from some little old school that Oh Yeah - WIlson went to.  Competition can be a factor but its not a determining one. Personally I favored Fields in the draft as I just felt he had a better mentality for the NFL game .  But we need to give Wilson time , I agree jury is still out , but nowhere near time to abandon ship yet. 

Hi Mehl, nowhere in my post do I say that Jets need to drop him yesterday. If you see some of my other posts, I was also on the Fields bandwagon. My post does not bash Wilson; I just chimed in on what the other poster put up.

Sadly, the cycle has already started: people around here getting ultra sensitive because they feel posters defend or attack x player and that goes against their pov.

11 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Anybody notice Garrett Wilson last night?

Amazing how the Steelers just manage to hit on WRs in the draft year after year.

Doesn’t matter which round, how good or bad the WR class is perceived to be, etc.

Pickens looks like a beast.

I might be wrong about this but I think I read that Pickens had the best hands of all the WRs in this draft.

12 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Hi Mehl, nowhere in my post do I say that Jets need to drop him yesterday. If you see some of my other posts, I was also on the Fields bandwagon. My post does not bash Wilson; I just chimed in on what the other poster put up.

Sadly, the cycle has already started: people around here getting ultra sensitive because they feel posters defend or attack x player and that goes against their pov.

I know I'm guilty at times , but in essence that's what message boards are all about.

I have no problem debating other posters based on my pov or theirs  . 

What I do have a problem with is some posters complaining about everything from the Owner, Stadium(NY v NJ) , GM, QB, concessions , parking lot , churro vendors etc.   

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

It really wasn't for non insane people.  Not calling you and insane person, but more so the crazies on twitter. It was one of the more benign tweeks you will ever see. The groupthink and twitter hivemind that exploded was utterly insane. The amount of bluechecks and ex players just simply parroting "that looks terrible!!!" It's so weird with injuries on the field its like everyone wants to outdue one another in proclaiming how bad something looks, regardless of whether or not it actually looks bad, or more importantly proves to be bad. Humans are weird.

I will admit I thought ZW had something bad happen to his knee after seeing him plant his foot for the cut and go down. Ive personally had it happen to me on 2 occasions, so I feared the worst. I was probably wrong in my original thought on the matter, hope to hear good news from his scope.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BigGreenFan said:

I think some people forgot it was just a PRESEASON game!!!

practice-weainttalkinaboutthegame.gif

That's why I have not really stressed and had fun with this whole thing.  They looked pretty much like last year for most of the game so baseline has been set, then our new saviour was presented! But since it's the jets, the coaches will spend half the season ignoring the next Kurt Warner mixed with Fran Tarkenton and a little Joe Montana plus a dash of Kenny Stabler BOOM it's Streveler time! already on the roster.  MOXIE. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Of course I agree.  Just that there are times when you do look only one way, at only one receiver.

True.  But not in this case...looking at him in the huddle, before the snap, during the count, after the snap, as he was running down the field, and when the LB was in his face.  He could've just as easily taken the snap and handed it to the LB.

4 hours ago, Supersonic said:

True.  But not in this case...looking at him in the huddle, before the snap, during the count, after the snap, as he was running down the field, and when the LB was in his face.  He could've just as easily taken the snap and handed it to the LB.

No idea what you think you saw or what you think the significance of one pass is or the idea that QBs don’t look at one receiver from time to time.  It’s this years replacement for missed short passes, which also don’t happen for others, ever

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No idea what you think you saw or what you think the significance of one pass is or the idea that QBs don’t look at one receiver from time to time.  It’s this years replacement for missed short passes, which also don’t happen for others, ever

In case you missed it, I was exaggerating.  It's a pattern, not 'time to time'.  If you don't think that's something he needs to clean up, then we simply need to agree to disagree.  If you didn't see him overthrow Garret by 10 yards when Garrett was only 10 yards down the field, same rules apply.  

18 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

The similarity to a 2nd year Darnold post is just amazing. It’s like we’re stuck in some kind of time loop….

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I know I'm guilty at times , but in essence that's what message boards are all about.

I have no problem debating other posters based on my pov or theirs  . 

What I do have a problem with is some posters complaining about everything from the Owner, Stadium(NY v NJ) , GM, QB, concessions , parking lot , churro vendors etc.   

wait….people complain about the Churro venders? No way!

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think that you’re confusing “miserable” with “objective”.

Wrong, as a guy who wears a jets shirt into Lincoln financial field I say I’m a committed fan. However, I’m not going to lie to this board and say the eagles looked like “crap” it’s just not true 

19 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Steve Young had a great career starting in 1992.  Unfortunately he was drafted in 1985.  The Jets would not have picked up his 5th year option and in today's NFL it's likely he would not have made it.  

21 hours ago, maury77 said:

Also worth noting that Garrett Wilson is facing significant downgrades in QB play and coaching staff. Dude has to feel like he transferred to an FCS school.

• Haha 1