You can add one of these 10 Hall of Famers in their prime to the 2022 Jets…

Hall of Famer in their Prime?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 10 Hall of Famers in their prime would you pick to add to the 2022 Jets?

• Walter Payton RB
    • Jerry Rice WR
    • Tony Gonzalez TE
    • Anthony Munoz OT
    • Dermonti Dawson C
    • Bruce Smith DE
    • Joe Greene DT
    • Ray Lewis LB
    • Darrell Green CB
    • John Lynch S

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Munoz would be awfully helpful right now but no way am I passing up on Jerry Rice.

I actually went Munoz just because, for this team, a real, healthy elite left tackle would be such a help.

If he had gone Reggie white or deacon Jones at defensive end, I would have probably gone that route.

My fave is Walter though.   I loved that guy.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Jerry Rice is a great choice but like to see the likes of Bruce Smith in this defense since urban legend has it that Saleh’s defense needs to put pressure on the QB. 

Giving Robert Saleh Bruce Smith would be like giving Adam Gase Jerry Rice.

Such a waste.

• Post of the Week 1

Rice by a LOT.

Ray Lewis is somewhat overrated in the grand scheme of things imo.  He had some great interior dline keeping him clean all the time and when he didn't his play suffered.  He had to plead for them to take ngata after being only so so good for a few years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Rice by a LOT.

Ray Lewis is somewhat overrated in the grand scheme of things imo.  He had some great interior dline keeping him clean all the time and when he didn't his play suffered.  He had to plead for them to take ngata after being only so so good for a few years.

Eh, I dunno about this reasoning on Lewis.  Did he have great interior line play during the early part of his career when he was a 4-3 MLB, too?  

The DTs on the ‘99 roster, for instance, were a 32-year old Siragusa and Larry Webster.  Lewis was a 1st-team all-pro that year.  

Then, in ‘03 and ‘04 the starting DL was Marques Douglas, Kelly Gregg and Anthony Weaver.  Again, Lewis was a 1st-team All-Pro both of those seasons.

• Upvote 1

While Rice and others might be very appetizing, the question was who you would put on the 2022 JETS, and no question the answer is Munoz.  He more than any on that list is the most needed player, second only to Lewis, as hard as that is to say lol...

• Upvote 1

As much as I like Munoz in a position of need, I took the time to rewatch some Jerry Rice highlights, and yea its not a choice.  That guy was superhuman. 

Half of his TDs (a HOF career for most mortals) are him strolling in completely untouched, with no defender even close, looking like he was playing an ultimate frisbee game.

• Upvote 1