Let's Do The Time Warp Again

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

One thing about the Twilight Zone that is very impressive  is the casting.  I can't  think of another series that had the amount of actors on it that became superstars.  

Oz on HBO is the only show that comes to mind where it was simply loaded with future stars and/or great talent.

To your point though, nothing really comes close to TZ.

i think the best thing about the twilight zone is watching how many of those actors go onto bigger and better roles.  i can't think of any current tv show or streaming show where so many different actors made it big.  imagine robert redford playing the devil  or billy mumy playing that kid, or william shatner in the plane and so on.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

So I'm waking up early and I click on the game that the NFLN is showing at 6 in the morning. The weirdest things start happening almost immediately. Quincy Williams destroys the opponents QB on a vicious hit on the same sideline that Mo Lewis took Drew Bledsoe out and changed football history. Then a few minutes later our starting QB who everyone is so high on gets eaten by turf without getting even hit. It reminded me of the opener of the 1998 season against the Patriots  when the Meadowlands turf ate Vinny Testeverde when he went down like he was hit by a sniper's bullet. I swear it could've been an episode of The Twilight Zone, "WILLOUGHBY, NEXT STOP....WILLOUGHBY"

There's a man on then wing of this Jets plane. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

So I'm waking up early and I click on the game that the NFLN is showing at 6 in the morning. The weirdest things start happening almost immediately. Quincy Williams destroys the opponents QB on a vicious hit on the same sideline that Mo Lewis took Drew Bledsoe out and changed football history. Then a few minutes later our starting QB who everyone is so high on gets eaten by turf without getting even hit. It reminded me of the opener of the 1998 season against the Patriots  when the Meadowlands turf ate Vinny Testeverde when he went down like he was hit by a sniper's bullet. I swear it could've been an episode of The Twilight Zone, "WILLOUGHBY, NEXT STOP....WILLOUGHBY"

That was '99. I was so excited (and still under 30 ?) I literally stayed up all night partying with some buddies the night before the game. Totally amped for our Super Bowl run!!

Vinny went down, I said, "well, that was great.." and went to bed. 

And Parcells brings in the biggest hump ever, Rick "I can't throw left" Mirer. God hates us. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

For those of us who don't recognize a TZ episode from a single screenshot which one is this?

Man who loves books wakes up and all people are gone. He rejoices, happy to finally have the time to just read all of the books he can.....immediately breaks glasses....

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That was '99. I was so excited (and still under 30 ?) I literally stayed up all night partying with some buddies the night before the game. Totally amped for our Super Bowl run!!

Vinny went down, I said, "well, that was great.." and went to bed. 

And Parcells brings in the biggest hump ever, Rick "I can't throw left" Mirer. God hates us. 

Frigging TOM TUPA was playing QB that year

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:35 PM, southparkcpa said:

Possibly my favorite episode....  right up til he stepped on his glasses.

Gotta' have that last second plot twist or it's not the twilight zone.  But man did I feel bad for the poor guy.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:17 PM, Integrity28 said:

Oz on HBO is the only show that comes to mind where it was simply loaded with future stars and/or great talent.

To your point though, nothing really comes close to TZ.

Maybe St. Elsewhere?

http://www.stelsewhereweb.com/p/st-elsewhere-cast.html

Denzel Washington, Mark Harmon, William Daniels, David Birney, Ronnie Cox (the douchebag suit from Robocop & Total Recall), GW Bailey (Rizzo from MASH, douche sgt from Police Academy), Ed Begley Jr, Howie Mandel, David Morse, others whose faces I recognize but can’t remember what else they did without IMDB’ing each one & this is already more research than I’d bargained for.

But more when you factor in the recurring/guest characters. Helen Hunt, Kramer, Christopher Guest, Ernie Hudson, Betty White, Steve Allen, Stacey Dash, Rae Dawn Chong, Laraine Newman, Tim Robbins, Tom Hulce, Alan Arkin, more. Plus the same as above, in more faces of people who look really familiar & were in lots of things but weren’t particularly famous actors (e.g. Robert Costanzo, Florence Halop, more).

• Upvote 2

On 8/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, Fantasy Island said:

Is that it?  I thought that screeny was from the one where the guy is the last man on earth and happy because he has his books, then breaks his glasses and can't read.  That's a different one that Obsolete Man I believe, just can't remember the title of that one.

I looked it up, it's this one:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Enough_at_Last

800px-Burgess_Meredith_Twilight_Zone_196

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe St. Elsewhere?

http://www.stelsewhereweb.com/p/st-elsewhere-cast.html

Denzel Washington, Mark Harmon, William Daniels, David Birney, Ronnie Cox (the douchebag suit from Robocop & Total Recall), GW Bailey (Rizzo from MASH, douche sgt from Police Academy), Ed Begley Jr, Howie Mandel, David Morse, others whose faces I recognize but can’t remember what else they did without IMDB’ing each one & this is already more research than I’d bargained for.

But more when you factor in the recurring/guest characters. Helen Hunt, Kramer, Christopher Guest, Ernie Hudson, Betty White, Steve Allen, Stacey Dash, Rae Dawn Chong, Laraine Newman, Tim Robbins, Tom Hulce, Alan Arkin, more. Plus the same as above, in more faces of people who look really familiar & were in lots of things but weren’t particularly famous actors (e.g. Robert Costanzo, Florence Halop, more).

Good call.

I never watched it, but that’s a list alright.