Looks like the Steelers got themselves a winner in Pickett

9 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Tremendous outing last night and wins it in the last seconds. I know it's early days but it would be typical of the Steelers to hit paydirt while we could have gotten him with some creative thinking in this year's draft. 

My God it’s his first preseason game. Relax!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

NY POST

The fans in Pittsburgh already are chanting Kenny Pickett’s name.

Pickett, the 20th overall pick in the draft out of nearby Pitt, is competing for the starting job with free-agent signing Mitchell Trubisky and Mason Rudolph. The rookie completed 13 of 15 passes for 95 yards in the second half with two touchdowns, including the 24-yard score to Tyler Vaughns in the closing seconds.

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

If theres one thing ive learned about football its that preason never matters.

ive seen the jets undefeated in ps to win like 2 games in the rs

ive seen the jets lose every ps game only to make the playoffs

image.png.58fb46022d8da4197def16e19443ece6.png

We know how we are trending then.  The twink starts against Baltimore.  Have to hope he stays healthy so we can replace him based on his body of work in year 2.  If he can't play, then we have to go with him next year to see if he has potential (he doesn't).

image.png.a364ff0ad87e6f895501e4f4c63a1e3e.png

• Upvote 1

The 2nd half of the first preseason game is not a barometer for projecting NFL success.  Of the 22 players on the field at any point, the chances are only 5 of them will be on rosters come September.  So let's not fit Pickett for the ROY award just yet.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... your kidding me really ? Tell me more

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with wishing that Zach is a FQB, but I wished for a 67 fastback Mustang for my 16th bday.  I got an 82 Chevy Cavalier that I bought with a bad transmission.

Zach has a bad transmission.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Tremendous outing last night and wins it in the last seconds. I know it's early days but it would be typical of the Steelers to hit paydirt while we could have gotten him with some creative thinking in this year's draft. 

Hard to say.  He was playing vs 3rd string defense.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The 2nd half of the first preseason game is not a barometer for projecting NFL success.  Of the 22 players on the field at any point, the chances are only 5 of them will be on rosters come September.  So let's not fit Pickett for the ROY award just yet.  

I'll be revisiting this thread once he wins the starting job, as I think he will.

He did as well as possible with his opportunity regardless of who was on the field. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

If the Steelers offered Pickett for Zach Wilson would you want the Jets to make the trade?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2