Micheal Clemons

So ... is anyone here NOT excited about this guy???  

How long have we gone with basically no Edge rush?  And now we might have how many guys??

Lawson is a beast.  JJ may be very good and, moreover, a complete player who stops the run, and now Clemons??  Seems like the sort of thing that never happens to us.

And, did I hear that Zuniga had a sack too?  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Trying to think of the last time the Jets got an impact player on day three. Not that Clemons will necessarily be that guy, but other teams land legitimately very good players on day three. Just been a while for the Jets.

Fatukasi? My brain skips from him to Leon Washington which...can't be right. Or maybe it's been that bad.

12 minutes ago, derp said:

Trying to think of the last time the Jets got an impact player on day three. Not that Clemons will necessarily be that guy, but other teams land legitimately very good players on day three. Just been a while for the Jets.

Hall?  Pouha?  Rhodes

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hall?  Pouha?  Rhodes

Rhodes is probably the closest. Maybe Brandon Moore or Snacks Harrison as a UDFA. Don’t think anyone day three or undrafted has made the Pro Bowl or All Pro besides special teams in recent history.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NewGuyJet said:

So ... is anyone here NOT excited about this guy???  

How long have we gone with basically no Edge rush?  And now we might have how many guys??

Lawson is a beast.  JJ may be very good and, moreover, a complete player who stops the run, and now Clemons??  Seems like the sort of thing that never happens to us.

And, did I hear that Zuniga had a sack too?  

Trying to steal hanks thunder

Hustle guy but kinda slow. Jets still dont have a twitchy explosive edge rusher. 
JJ too is not twitchy ..or least doesnt seem twitchy ... I'm irrationally nervous that at first glance he reminds me if Quentin Coples.

Feels like a lot of very good rushers that will almost get home and there will be threads explaining to me why sacks dont mean anything and are overrated.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, derp said:

Not many...

'21 RB Carter

'21 TBD but DB Carter, Echols, etc...show potential 

'20 CB Hall (5th)

'18 Fatukasi (6th)

'14 Q. Enunwa (6th)

'11 Kerley (5th) 

'06 Leon Washington (4th)

'06 Brad Smith (4th)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MykePM said:

As relentless as he is, look how quickly he pulls up after the QB gets rid of the ball.  Add “discipline” and “control” to the list of his positive traits.

I loved it when he pounded the turf after pursuing and being in on the tackle of the RB near the sideline to prevent a first down. Hair on fire, indeed. Hustle, talent, smarts and passion - good ingredients for a footballer.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, SickJetFan said:

every play it seems

I watched this the other day. Now I'm rewatching this week's game and I was watching Q, and you just don't see this effort. If he wants to be as great as he says, this is how he has to play. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

I watched this the other day. Now I'm rewatching this week's game and I was watching Q, and you just don't see this effort. If he wants to be as great as he says, this is how he has to play. 

to be fair Q only had a dozen snaps or so and he did break free on that one play but yes I agree.  What I like most about Clemons though is his power and what he lack in speed he more than makes up for in determination.

i would to see what a line with Clemons, JFM, Q, Lawson can do...and then send in a blitzer god dammit sick of this bend dont break sh*t :)

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

to be fair Q only had a dozen snaps or so and he did break free on that one play but yes I agree.  What I like most about Clemons though is his power and what he lack in speed he more than makes up for in determination.

i would to see what a line with Clemons, JFM, Q, Lawson can do...and then send in a blitzer god dammit sick of this bend dont break sh*t :)

I'd agree with you if that thought (mine) didn't come within the first few snaps of the game.