I'm Wacko For Flacco

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He should start week 1 no doubt.

Strong command at camp today 

Yeah, I think so.

when they stated 2-4 I thought they will do everything they can to have him ready for week 1.

then I thought maybe what is best for him is to sit week 1, let Flacco handle the amped up stadium and maybe just Maybe beat the ravens.

if Zach is ready, week 2 or 3 might make more sense

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need Zach back ASAP or if the news is bad after surgery Tuesday, we need Garoppolo in here ASAP.  We dont want Flaccid starting any games.

Zach is made of glass, Flacco and white blow, another 4 win season and top 5 draft pick here we come !

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

He should start week 1 no doubt.

Strong command at camp today 

There is no way in the world Wilson is not starting week 1 if he is 100%.  You have blinders on when it comes to the long term success of the team.  The Jets need to see what they have in Wilson in 2022, so he plays if he is healthy, no matter how good Flacco looks in practice.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is no way in the world Wilson is not starting week 1 if he is 100%.  You have blinders on when it comes to the long term success of the team.  The Jets need to see what they have in Wilson in 2022, so he plays if he is healthy, no matter how good Flacco looks in practice.  

Ok to kill the kid. A month with no practice coming off rehab and throw him against the ravens defense. Sounds smart 

15 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah I don't agree with that line of thinking. Zach wouldn't be 100% till the last week and then throw him right in against the Ravens - I would give Flacco the 1st start for sure and if he wins and plays well he keeps playing until he loses or doesn't play well. Let Zach get a little hungry and begging to get in there and ready to perform well then he's ready and he can come back  in . Its a fluid situation and it should be. If Flacco stinks it up then get Zach back in quickly. 

33 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Yeah I don't agree with that line of thinking. Zach wouldn't be 100% till the last week and then throw him right in against the Ravens - I would give Flacco the 1st start for sure and if he wins and plays well he keeps playing until he loses or doesn't play well. Let Zach get a little hungry and begging to get in there and ready to perform well then he's ready and he can come back  in . Its a fluid situation and it should be. If Flacco stinks it up then get Zach back in quickly. 

Wilson is going in whenever he is fully healthy, no matter how many games Flacco wins and no matter how well Flacco plays to start the season.  

• Upvote 1

You guy do realize that as of this morning the status of our young QB is UNKNOWN and there is still a chance that he could actually have a season ending injury on that knee and they won't know until they get in there and look.  Keep your fingers crossed if you are of the mind that Zach Wilson gives this team the best chance to win.

• WTF? 1

32 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You guy do realize that as of this morning the status of our young QB is UNKNOWN and there is still a chance that he could actually have a season ending injury on that knee and they won't know until they get in there and look.  Keep your fingers crossed if you are of the mind that Zach Wilson gives this team the best chance to win.

I don't know if ZW is the best chance to win yet... but I do know 2 things

1) over the last 4 out 5 years,  Flacco has proven he is not a NFL starter regardless of what Saleh says. There is a reason he is the back up on one of the historically worst teams in the NFL.

2) there are a few good QB's in this coming year's draft.  I want ZW back ASAP because at the end of this year,  I'd love a firm position on whether ZW is our answer or if we need to move on. 

I really don't want to be what-if'ing ZW next August. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

While I want to see wins this year the most important thing is to see if Zach is going to develop into a starting caliber NFL QB. Worst case scenario is a season ending injury where we have to wait until next year to see if he’s the guy or not. ****ing purgatory. 

• Post of the Week 3

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok to kill the kid. A month with no practice coming off rehab and throw him against the ravens defense. Sounds smart 

and he probably wont be good for 2-3 games because he missed preseason, and his timing is off and all that other crap.

24 minutes ago, PorP said:

I don't know if ZW is the best chance to win yet... but I do b know 2 things

1) over the last 4 out 5 years,  Flacco has proven he is not a NFL starter regardless of what Saleh says. There is a reason he is the back up on one of the historically worst teams in the NFL.

2) there are a few good QB's in this coming year's draft.  I want ZW back ASAP because at the end of this year,  I'd love a firm position on whether ZW is our answer or if we need to b move on. 

I would really don't want to be what-if'ing ZW next August. 

yeah 2020 Flacco with Gase and his roster was bad.

but 2021 Flacco with Lafluer's offense and a better roster was better. he started one game threw for 291yds and 2 TDs and no INTS and almost beat the Dolphins. and Flacco for his career has avg around 63% comp and more TDs than INTs. even his bad 2020 season he had 6 TDs vs 3 INTs. he is a steady hand who won't make too many bad throws. not like White who is 5-8 TDs-INTs.

and with more offensive weapons this year Flacco is the better choice at QB if Zach cant go.

• Upvote 3

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Wilson, there is no positive of Flacco starting any games this year, period. Flacco is nothing more than a backup at this point of  his career, even if he is better in the short term than Wilson. This year is all about figuring out if Wilson has a future here or not, period. We already know with 100% certainty that Flacco has no future as a starting QB anymore. If Wilson is as bad as everyone thinks, he will be out after this year, if he surprises some and shows promise, that is good for the franchise. 

• Upvote 3