I'm Wacko For Flacco

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is no way in the world Wilson is not starting week 1 if he is 100%.  You have blinders on when it comes to the long term success of the team.  The Jets need to see what they have in Wilson in 2022, so he plays if he is healthy, no matter how good Flacco looks in practice.  

I would only start him if he got a full week of practice and showed no ill effects from the injury.  Even then iflt might be prudent to start Flacco. 

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need Zach back ASAP or if the news is bad after surgery Tuesday, we need Garoppolo in here ASAP.  We dont want Flaccid starting any games.

Positivity 101.  If the outcome is bad you weren't positive enough.  It's on you personally.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Positivity 101.  If the outcome is bad you weren't positive enough.  It's on you personally.  

It’s like when those doctors get airlifted into a remote part of the world to heroically assist those who are suffering from some novel disease only to get infected themselves.

This Tuesday Wison goes under the knife to fix the tear in his knee and supposedly will be back by the first or second week? 

I believe Flacco should be the starter and it is his until he loses the position that is IMO!!! (I know most are going to protest this thinking)

I know Wilson is the starter but I was not impressed even if it was a short drive. I believe he needs to sit behind Flacco to learn the game better. If anyone remembers Vinny Testaverde he was the starter and Chad Pennington was the backup. Pennington got the starting job by replacing Vinny when he was bad. But in the time prior Pennington served as his backup and Wilson should do the same with Flacco starting. Remember it took Pennington 4 years to be the starter for the Jets. I believe in Wilson but not now!!!

49 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Wilson, there is no positive of Flacco starting any games this year, period. Flacco is nothing more than a backup at this point of  his career, even if he is better in the short term than Wilson. This year is all about figuring out if Wilson has a future here or not, period. We already know with 100% certainty that Flacco has no future as a starting QB anymore. If Wilson is as bad as everyone thinks, he will be out after this year, if he surprises some and shows promise, that is good for the franchise. 

Joe Flacco is 37 years old right now and by the time the playoffs and Super Bowl roll around he'll be 38. Thirty seven years old isn't like 37 of a generation ago. Brady is 44 right now and Flacco probably has another 3-4 good productive years left in him. Zach Wilson, I just don't see it guys, I can't see a franchise QB out there when I watch him-I WANT too, but he doesn't play the game like  a person who is going to have much of a career either in stats or in years. To sit here and say that we're willing to throw away another season just to SEE if Wilson is good enough or not when we have the best personnel in a decade.

I say roll the dice with an ex-SB MVP whose Completion % is 61.7 he's thrown 227 TDs and 144 Ints and who knows how to play the game and not have to be learning on the job, let Wilson watch how a pro does it for a year

• Upvote 2

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

...Flacco probably has another 3-4 good productive years left in him.

I say roll the dice with an ex-SB MVP whose Completion % is 61.7 he's thrown 227 TDs and 144 Ints and who knows how to play the game and not have to be learning on the job, let Wilson watch how a pro does it for a year

Flacco the past three years, since leaving Baltimore:

image.thumb.png.580368cf508f95b487ec8a3de9336c9c.png

It's better than Wilson as a rookie, no doubt.  

But it's still severely sub-par.

Hard to see Flacco winning more than 1/3 of the games he starts, and likely less.

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Wilson, there is no positive of Flacco starting any games this year, period. Flacco is nothing more than a backup at this point of  his career, even if he is better in the short term than Wilson. This year is all about figuring out if Wilson has a future here or not, period. We already know with 100% certainty that Flacco has no future as a starting QB anymore. If Wilson is as bad as everyone thinks, he will be out after this year, if he surprises some and shows promise, that is good for the franchise. 

True, but I'd rather win the games while we're waiting for Wison to get healthy. Flacco gives us a way better chance than White.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

yeah 2020 Flacco with Gase and his roster was bad.

but 2021 Flacco with Lafluer's offense and a better roster was better. he started one game threw for 291yds and 2 TDs and no INTS and almost beat the Dolphins. and Flacco for his career has avg around 63% comp and more TDs than INTs. even his bad 2020 season he had 6 TDs vs 3 INTs. he is a steady hand who won't make too many bad throws. not like White who is 5-8 TDs-INTs.

and with more offensive weapons this year Flacco is the better choice at QB if Zach cant go.

Sure I'm not debating who should start if ZW can't.

I'm just pointing out Flacco isn't the answer.  He is an older version of who he has always been. A Pennington / Eli type who is a good QB who can win on a good team and won't cost you games.  He is not great / elite where he elevates play off the team around him. 

Your Miami example is s a great Flacco example. It was very winnable but still we came away with the L.

If Flacco starts all year... we are not going to the play offs. Not that ZW will. But Flacco is a hard no. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Joe Flacco is 37 years old right now and by the time the playoffs and Super Bowl roll around he'll be 38. Thirty seven years old isn't like 37 of a generation ago. Brady is 44 right now and Flacco probably has another 3-4 good productive years left in him. Zach Wilson, I just don't see it guys, I can't see a franchise QB out there when I watch him-I WANT too, but he doesn't play the game like  a person who is going to have much of a career either in stats or in years. To sit here and say that we're willing to throw away another season just to SEE if Wilson is good enough or not when we have the best personnel in a decade.

man, talk about managing by exception....

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you’re Whacko for Flacco, I’m Stiffy for Trubisky.

Dammit, I need something funny that rhymes with "Minshew".....

I'm Into-you for Minshew?  God, that's awful....

I'm harder for Gardner?  Yeah, no.

My command of the English language fails me!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I’ve got hot flashes for the Moustache.

• Haha 2

I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know this:

I'm old enough to remember when a washed-up, nobody wanted ex-Raven QB took over for an injured young QB.

Vinny Testaverde led us to the AFC Championship. Glenn Foley never played a game for the Jets again. 

And if you don't remember 1998, perhaps you will remember 2015 when Ryan Fitzpatrick took over for a broken faced Geno Smith.

Football is a funny game.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I screw for minshew?

• Haha 3

Flacco with a month to prepare as the starter, first team reps (and lots of them), a good team around him with a good running game, good TEs, and what on paper looks like a really good WR core, and (hopefully) an improved defense....Flacco will have the best shot to succeed since he became a b/u QB. If he can get back to being the avg Joe QB he was 10 yrs ago, we'll be fine till ZW gets his wheels back under him.

Sending Zack out there too soon would be the biggest mistake of Saleh's career.

Plus an avg Joe QB will help give our VERY YOUNG team some solid games to develop themselves, including our oline. Our young team is about more than 'just' Zack's development. We have 10-12 other key players who need to develop as well for our team to be really good down the road.

I'd need to see ZW healthy and running good practice sessions for at least 2 weeks before I'd send him out there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

Flacco with a month to prepare as the starter, first team reps (and lots of them), a good team around him with a good running game, good TEs, and what on paper looks like a really good WR core, and (hopefully) an improved defense....Flacco will have the best shot to succeed since he became a b/u QB. If he can get back to being the avg Joe QB he was 10 yrs ago, we'll be fine till ZW gets his wheels back under him.

Sending Zack out there too soon would be the biggest mistake of Saleh's career.

Plus an avg Joe QB will help give our VERY YOUNG team some solid games to develop themselves, including our oline. Our young team is about more than 'just' Zack's development. We have 10-12 other key players who need to develop as well for our team to be really good down the road.

I'd need to see ZW healthy and running good practice sessions for at least 2 weeks before I'd send him out there.

especially for week 1 it's a great revenge game for flacco.  if there's a game he would win it's that one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Narrator:  He wasn't 100% ready by Week 1. 

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand here. If Wilson is 100% - or close to 100% - he will start, whether that is week 1 or later.  If he is not close to 100%, Flacco starts.  Wilson will then play after week 1 as soon as he  is close to 100%, regardless of how will Flacco and the team play in games Flacco starts.  People on this board can wish or think otherwise, but this is what is going to happen.  There is no reason to sit Wilson once he is healthy and ready to play.  There is no QB competition here, nor should there be.  

27 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know this:

I'm old enough to remember when a washed-up, nobody wanted ex-Raven QB took over for an injured young QB.

Vinny Testaverde led us to the AFC Championship. Glenn Foley never played a game for the Jets again. 

And if you don't remember 1998, perhaps you will remember 2015 when Ryan Fitzpatrick took over for a broken faced Geno Smith.

Football is a funny game.

I'm telling you it's like the frigging Twilight Zone so far this year of the Jets

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand here. If Wilson is 100% - or close to 100% - he will start, whether that is week 1 or later.  If he is not close to 100%, Flacco starts.  Wilson will then play after week 1 as soon as he  is close to 100%, regardless of how will Flacco and the team play in games Flacco starts.  People on this board can wish or think otherwise, but this is what is going to happen.  There is no reason to sit Wilson once he is healthy and ready to play.  There is no QB competition here, nor should there be.  

Who are you trying to convince, us, or yourself?  :-k

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

im coo coo for cocoa puffs but that doesnt change the fact that if Flacco has to play more then 2 or 3 games, we are royally screwed.

Zach back soon or get Garropolo.  Those are the only 2 options.

Narrator:  They didn't get Garrapolo. 

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

im coo coo for cocoa puffs but that doesnt change the fact that if Flacco has to play more then 2 or 3 games, we are royally screwed.

Zach back soon or get Garropolo.  Those are the only 2 options.

You should take a break for a few weeks. Work on your positive vibes.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Hey Johnny I 'm going to be joining the gang for a few games this year since I live over here off of Atlantic and Spring Forest

I’ll let my dad know to look out for you! I may or may not be there depends if I’m back from Germany those weeks.