I'm Wacko For Flacco

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I swear there used to be a user here named wocka flocca flaco or something like that, but I can't find them. This was a really disappointing moment in my life.

The artist formerly known as Miss Lonelyhearts and before that, Aten.  I dunno what he goes by now.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Dammit, I need something funny that rhymes with "Minshew".....

I'm Into-you for Minshew?  God, that's awful....

I'm harder for Gardner?  Yeah, no.

My command of the English language fails me!

I mean, I thought it was a foregone conclusion that it would be “I’m cashews for Minshew.”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know this:

I'm old enough to remember when a washed-up, nobody wanted ex-Raven QB took over for an injured young QB.

Vinny Testaverde led us to the AFC Championship. Glenn Foley never played a game for the Jets again. 

And if you don't remember 1998, perhaps you will remember 2015 when Ryan Fitzpatrick took over for a broken faced Geno Smith.

Football is a funny game.

Not to debate your bigger point cause anything can happen and you are right about that. 

I don't think Vinny was considered a wash up.  Everybody knew CLE/Baltimore was garbage back then and the move didn't make anything better.  despite a 4 win season in 96. Vinny was still voted to the pro bowl. 

And then went back to the pro bowl for us in 98.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

im coo coo for cocoa puffs but that doesnt change the fact that if Flacco has to play more then 2 or 3 games, we are royally screwed.

Zach back soon or get Garropolo.  Those are the only 2 options.

We used the cash to buy Becton's replacement.  We can't afford Jimmy G.  

33 minutes ago, PorP said:

Not to debate your bigger point cause anything can happen and you are right about that. 

I don't think Vinny was considered a wash up.  Everybody knew CLE/Baltimore was garbage back then and the move didn't make anything better.  despite a 4 win season in 96. Vinny was still voted to the pro bowl. 

And then went back to the pro bowl for us in 98.

Vinny was 34 and coming off a pretty bad 1997 season. I believe Baltimore replaced him with Jim Harbaugh of all people.

Having been at the game where Vinny handed the Jets a win in 97, I personally, thought little of his signing as Glenn Foley's back-up.

I really thought that kid was going to be our QB for a decade. Loved him at BC and thought he was the steal of his draft. 

Flacco is 3 years older than Vinny was but today's QBs have a longer shelf life. I'm not betting on him being successful, but I wasn't betting on Zach being successful either.

I don't see our chances of a competitive team dramatically changing with Flacco. And I refuse to give up on a season before it starts. That's what October is for!

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Vinny was 34 and coming off a pretty bad 1997 season. I believe Baltimore replaced him with Jim Harbaugh of all people.

Having been at the game where Vinny handed the Jets a win in 97, I personally, thought little of his signing as Glenn Foley's back-up.

I really thought that kid was going to be our QB for a decade. Loved him at BC and thought he was the steal of his draft. 

Flacco is 3 years older than Vinny was but today's QBs have a longer shelf life. I'm not betting on him being successful, but I wasn't betting on Zach being successful either.

I don't see our chances of a competitive team dramatically changing with Flacco. And I refuse to give up on a season before it starts. That's what October is for!

Vinny had similar 96 / 97 seasons except he played 3 less games in 97.

My point wasn't about age or anything.... it was only that 2 seasons before jetting Vinny was a pro bowler. When was Joe's last pro bowl.... or even the last time he actually won a game. 

Again. I agree that anything can happen. I'm just not willing to put my money on a 3 legged horse.

Flacco will be a LOT better than Zach was last year.  I see this as a blessing in disguise.  Joe's no longer a #1, he's not in a position where he feels, as the #1, he's responsible for carrying the team.  He's just a stopgap right now.  Nowhere near as much pressure.  He's only 37, he's proven to be successful, he still has talent, he's just not prime time Joe Flacco.  But that's still much better than what we got from Zach so far.

Garrett Wilson commented today that Joe has much more 'touch' on his passes than Zach.  We've seen Zach throw the ball 150 mph on a 5 yard cross.  I think it will be good for Zach to watch and observe.  I don't see this team being any worse off with Joe than if Zach was playing.  The only downside is this setback somewhat delays Zach's experience and growth.  So be it.  My money is on the first 4 games being the best games we play all year.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I’ll let my dad know to look out for you! I may or may not be there depends if I’m back from Germany those weeks.

I have his number and everything John-I look forward to meeting him and John Greenbean who else will I know from here?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I have his number and everything John-I look forward to meeting him and John Greenbean who else will I know from here?

Most of the those dudes are way too salty and cynical to be on JN. Banned long ago ? 

7 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Hey Johnny I 'm going to be joining the gang for a few games this year since I live over here off of Atlantic and Spring Forest

Pardon the interruption, but Atlantic and Spring Forest in Jax??  Is there a Jets fan group here in the JAX area?  I’m down in N St Augustine but not too far…moved here last year and looking for some fellow Jets fans 

13 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Pardon the interruption, but Atlantic and Spring Forest in Jax??  Is there a Jets fan group here in the JAX area?  I’m down in N St Augustine but not too far…moved here last year and looking for some fellow Jets fans 

No greenware we moved from Palm Beach County Florida to Raleigh in 2018, I should change my screen name to NoCarolJets or NCJets which one do you think?

I’m not rooting for Joe Flacco, lmao.  If they go into Zach’s knee, and he’s done for most, if not all, of the season, sign me up for a loss in every game he starts. Any win with him under center is as worthless as beer sh*ts on a Saturday night after stumbling in from Jenks nightclub.