Where are they now: Mike Maccagnan

maury77

Down here at the beach, I was having a nightcap on the deck when a dude staggered past the house and hollered out “I’m gonna kill myself!” as he vanished over the dune.

Recognizing drunken despondency, I grabbed a cold beer and went after him. Down at the water’s edge he was walking into the water clothes and all. I grabbed him by the shoulder and he shrugged me off.

I said “Have a cold one and let’s talk about what’s troubling you,” which coaxed him back onto the beach. Not going to bother with the details but let’s just say I felt a lot better about my life after talking to this guy. Eventually, a beach patrol cop came upon us and together we convinced the poor soul to go to the hospital overnight.

It was dark and I had been drinking but this man had more than a passing resemblance to Big Mac.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Down here at the beach, I was having a nightcap on the deck when a dude staggered past the house and hollered out “I’m gonna kill myself!” as he vanished over the dune.

Recognizing drunken despondency, I grabbed a cold beer and went after him. Down at the water’s edge he was walking into the water clothes and all. I grabbed him by the shoulder and he shrugged me off.

I said “Have a cold one and let’s talk about what’s troubling you,” which coaxed him back onto the beach. Not going to bother with the details but let’s just say I felt a lot better about my life after talking to this guy. Eventually, a beach patrol cop came upon us and together we convinced the poor soul to go to the hospital overnight.

It was dark and I had been drinking but this man had more than a passing resemblance to Big Mac.

@Jetsfan80 you OK big dog?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Should be noted that unlike Mac, Idzick was able to get front office jobs after his stint as GM

Like Mac he will never get another GM gig. Idziot was atrocious as well, and IMO if he was here as long as Mac was would have been just as bad

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Fun fact!

Mike Maccagnans NY Jets teams have a higher win % than Joe Douglass teams.

Sure, because one ill-advised and ill-fated spending spree in 2015 helped cause the issues from 2016-present.  One fun non-playoff season.  Was it worth it?

This is what a large contingent of Jets fans actually seem to want Douglas to do:  Spend big in free agency in the hopes of going about 9-8.  

Granted, I've come around to the vet QB route, even if that vet QB is merely decent or good rather than someone on the level of, say, Matthew Stafford.  But when it comes to the rest of the roster?  Douglas' roster-building method is a superior one to Maccagnan's, and it's going to show up on the field this season.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Regardless of his seemingly low chances of digging himself out of whatever hole he's found himself in, you still may well have saved a life that night.  He certainly couldn't turn things around if he were dead.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, because one ill-advised and ill-fated spending spree in 2015 helped cause the issues from 2016-present.  One fun non-playoff season.  Was it worth it?

This is what a large contingent of Jets fans actually seem to want Douglas to do:  Spend big in free agency in the hopes of going about 9-8.  

Granted, I've come around to the vet QB route, even if that vet QB is merely decent or good rather than someone on the level of, say, Matthew Stafford.  But when it comes to the rest of the roster?  Douglas' roster-building method is a superior one to Maccagnan's, and it's going to show up on the field this season.  

And if it doesnt?

10 hours ago, jgb said:

omg you just saved @Jetsfan80's life.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think we all now how this ends.. Zach balls out.. hires McCagnan as his agent. Forces lopsided trade to NE. McCagnan get cushy "AGM" job with Patriots and swears no collusion occurred. 

Pats can have them both 

spit GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jgb said:

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Jetsfan80 you OK big dog?

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

omg you just saved @Jetsfan80's life.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

And now I regret intervening.

F**K ALL OF YOU

• Haha 3