Final Abraham Deal will be...

Stonehands

To Atlanta for their 2nd round pick and their 3rd round pick in 2006. People will go Ape that we got too little, but based on the draft pick value chart, those two picks equate to the 29th pick overall. What do people think of that deal? Slightly better than Seattle's offer.

Maybe on the value chart it will be better, but it will be preceived by the media as if the Jets got hung to dry again. I think Abe will need to work with the Seahawks. Or the Falcons up the ante to the Jets.

Jets FO needs to realize, this is not the Herm Edwards case. Jets do have quite a few cards in their deck here. Abe does not call the shots. Jets can say no deal, sign the tendor or sit out. Sign it, and he becomes either traded later on, or he becomes an outside LB in the 3-4. Sort of like the old 46 defense, for those who were following in the 1970s.

To Atlanta for their 2nd round pick and their 3rd round pick in 2006. People will go Ape that we got too little, but based on the draft pick value chart, those two picks equate to the 29th pick overall. What do people think of that deal? Slightly better than Seattle's offer.

I'm really getting sick of people citing that draft value chart. That chart was for one team about a decade ago. It means VERY little in this draft! This draft has first round talent up to about the 35th pick to the 45th pick. Then there is a huge dropoff in talent. That would be like claiming a 6th and 7th most years equals a first. It doesn't! The Jets FO is right to make its own draft value chart and not listen to fans and the media. No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about here.

I think the Falcons will eventualy fold and send Schaub. Then the Jets will trade the #4 to Minnesota for the #17 and their two 2nd rounders. Atlanta needs a pass rusher urgentley and it seems Tann/Mangini will not pull a Bradway. It is a game of chicken that the Jets will win. IMHO of course.

I think the Falcons will eventualy fold and send Schaub. Then the Jets will trade the #4 to Minnesota for the #17 and their two 2nd rounders. Atlanta needs a pass rusher urgentley and it seems Tann/Mangini will not pull a Bradway. It is a game of chicken that the Jets will win. IMHO of course.

No, we're trading up to the 2nd pick and taking Lionheart. ..not sure if I agree with it, but I've read numerous articles for good sources that this is exactly what we're doing.

"I've read numerous articles for good sources that this is exactly what we're doing."

To be honest I think any news we get from the NY media or any media for that matter is pure speculation. Mangini seems to run a tight ship. All rumors are from "league scources" or " a person familiar with how the Jets think". To me its bogus. We have no idea what is going on in these negotiations. Last I read was Mckay was willing to up the ante. To me that means he thought he was dealing w/ pushovers and now realizes they are not so it is time to get serious.

With the constant speak of the overwhelming depth in the draft especially in the offensive line (our biggest hole) I would do this trade with Atlanta. Screw what the media thinks or how others will percieve it, all that matters is what pans out on the field come sundays.

anyone hear chris mortenson. he says the jets "double-crossed" the falcons, his words

The falcons had agreed to a deal with the Jets so they then went ahead and worked out the contract with Abraham. The deal was for a 2nd round pick and a player that wasn't shaub.. shaub was already ruled out right away. Then they continued to negotiate with seattle after they had agreed to a deal with the Falcons and then when they got the first round pick offer from Seattle, then they changed their tune with the falcons and abraham

anyone hear chris mortenson. he says the jets "double-crossed" the falcons, his words

The falcons had agreed to a deal with the Jets so they then went ahead and worked out the contract with Abraham. The deal was for a 2nd round pick and a player that wasn't shaub.. shaub was already ruled out right away. Then they continued to negotiate with seattle after they had agreed to a deal with the Falcons and then when they got the first round pick offer from Seattle, then they changed their tune with the falcons and abraham

I wouldn't go as far to say a double-cross, but when you get a better offer from someone else, wouldn't you take it? That's like saying the Falcons had the 2nd and a player ready to move for Abraham but the Panthers offered up Peppers. Now which one would you take? This is a business, there are no hurt feelings. Feelings are for girly men.

That would appear to be the world of negotiations. Why shopuldn'tthe Jets get the best deal possible. Mort lives in Atlanta.........I would take his opinion with a grain of salt.

After Seattle's offer, the Jets probably realized how worthless TJ Duckett was. 1st round pick or NO ABE FOR YOU!!!

You say double crossed, I say bent over the table and made to squeal like a pig. It's all about perception.

Good.

Now I really hope Seattle wins the JAbe sweepsteaks.

screw atlanta screw the draft value chart screw ettiquete(or however you spell it) If I were the Jets there is no way I would cater to JA or anyone else for that matter. If he wants to goto Atlanta so bad then tell them to shell over their 1st rounder or get bent.

i say give us a 1st round pick for Abe or nothing because Falcons are trying to be little wise asses by giving us a crappy deal which give us their 2nd round pick FOR ONE OF THE BEST PASS RUSHERS IN THE GAME. if they want him so freaking bad then they should give us their 1st round pick.

Who cares what some idiot's words are? How would he even know if the Falcons and Jets agreed to a deal? It sounds like a sympathy ploy by your camp, because we sure as hell don't leak matters to the press anymore if it won't suit us.

Oh btw, you don't "agree" to a deal until you actually do the swap. Obviously there was no "deal" agreed on, because if there was it would have already been completed. Maybe they reached the preliminary negotiations stage, but they certainly didn't complete the negotiations.

You're wrong about everything else anyway, so why would you stop now?

I agree the Draft Value Chart is a bunch of Crap.. It's something that is used when one team wants to justify some nonsense that they are about to conclude. Abraham will be a Falcon.. The Falcons are the one between a rock and a hard place, not the JETS.. We have lots of options for this "All about Me" knucklehead. On the other hand Atlanta has this guy signed, the public is getting excited, they need him big time and the clock is ticking for them. The trade will be Abe & Ramsey for Schaub and Atlanta's 2nd Rounder.

If the JETS go for QB, it will be Cutler not the Creampuff from USC. Cutlers got all the tools and something the others don't have, confidence to show his stuff anytime, anywhere and most importantly he has "Balls".

the falcons need to make the deal with us for schaub this year, next year he will be a RFA and he WILL be gone. he wants to start and in ATL he will never get the chance. ATL is vick crazy so they SHOULD get what they NEED, and that is a pass rusher.

shaub+ 1st for abe,ramsey and our 1st.

the falcons need to make the deal with us for schaub this year, next year he will be a RFA and he WILL be gone. he wants to start and in ATL he will never get the chance. ATL is vick crazy so they SHOULD get what they NEED, and that is a pass rusher.

shaub+ 1st for abe,ramsey and our 1st.

ahem that's a terrible trade.

Archived