The 2 Best Jet Offensive lines,69 and 98

Savage69

Didn't have one number 1 pick on them! In 98 we had Mawae a number 2 from the Hawks,Randy Thomas another 2nd,Fabini a 4th,Young a 7th and Kerry Jenkins a UFA! Our Super Bowl Team if drafted today would all be UFA's since there are now only 7 rds! We had Winston Hill a 11th rd pick,Randy Rasmussen a 8th rd pick,Dave Herman another 8th rounder and John Schmitt a Wayne like walk on from Hofstra and a UFA Bob Talamini! What did both those Teams have? Great Coaching! So before too many of you cry about our lack of a O-Line in March, why not wait until at least Camp before you cut your wrists! I for one believe in this new Tangini FO! First rd O-Lineman have for the most part been bad picks for the Jets! Not that I don't like D-brick, I have no problem taking him but I think unlike the No Clue Crew of Hermway these Guys will make Players out of lower rd Talent IMHO!!:cheers:

Great point Savage!

There is no reason to say draft this guy because he plays this or that. Go out and draft and sign the best "football" players out there. Bring them in to compete and the best will play.

Wasn't Boomer the least sacked QB one year?

Yep, with Malamala starting at OT....that was the year after Kenny O Brien who spent his whole career "running" for his life. I kinda felt bad for the guy watching Boomer sit back with all the time in the world.

Didn't have one number 1 pick on them! In 98 we had Mawae a number 2 from the Hawks,Randy Thomas another 2nd,Fabini a 4th,Young a 7th and Kerry Jenkins a UFA! Our Super Bowl Team if drafted today would all be UFA's since there are now only 7 rds! We had Winston Hill a 11th rd pick,Randy Rasmussen a 8th rd pick,Dave Herman another 8th rounder and John Schmitt a Wayne like walk on from Hofstra and a UFA Bob Talamini! What did both those Teams have? Great Coaching! So before too many of you cry about our lack of a O-Line in March, why not wait until at least Camp before you cut your wrists! I for one believe in this new Tangini FO! First rd O-Lineman have for the most part been bad picks for the Jets! Not that I don't like D-brick, I have no problem taking him but I think unlike the No Clue Crew of Hermway these Guys will make Players out of lower rd Talent IMHO!!:cheers:

All great points. Kareem Mackenzie also later went on to be a very good Tackle for us and he was a 3rd Round Pick. Alot of good Offensive Linemen get overlooked in college and that's why you see them get taken after Round 1. This draft has a ton of good linemen not named D'Brick in it. All O-line positions have depth, Tackle, Guard and Center.

Get playmakers in Round 1 and draft linemen in Rounds 2-5.

1978/1979's Line was very good:

LT Marvin Powell

LG Randy Rasmussen

C Joe Fields

RG Dan Alexander

RT Chris Ward

Yes but you had 2 first rd picks on that line and the Road Grader never really lived up to 1st pick potential! Where as 14th rd pick Joe Fields played a excellent Center! And Dan Alexander was another 8th rd Gem!

Wasn't Boomer the least sacked QB one year?

Boomer also had one of the best play action pass hide the ball moves i've ever seen. Even the camera used to follow the running back, then scramble back to him.

I do agree he did have a good line then too.

I'm not ashamed to admit I used to have a big picture on my wall that said "Boomer's Bodyguards". It was him and the O-Line dressed in tuxes, and the NY skyline behind them. I think it was for a CF fundraiser, it was autographed too. Pretty cool!!

I'm not ashamed to admit I used to have a big picture on my wall that said "Boomer's Bodyguards". It was him and the O-Line dressed in tuxes, and the NY skyline behind them.

I had the same poster. That's what reminded me of his line...

Archived