Gonna be honest latest injuries broke my optimistic bone

yvj

On the heels of Becton when Zach fell back to the ground all hope left me.

I now Zach's injury is seemingly minor (as minor as a month out with no reps can be) but it is still a set back for a kid who needs to be out there getting every rep he can. He is at this point a project and projects needs reps. Right now he is an oft injured project. 

But it's not just about Zach really it's the cumulative disasters upon disasters that just make hope seem foolish. 

We just can't have nice things here.

• Upvote 2

Let me explain my optimism this way....

I'm now convinced Woody is just the front man for the actual owner Lucifer P. Satan.

I mean how many people have sold thier soul for a SB win over the last 5 decades? 

And things are so bad now,  sh1t, I'd sell mine for the sniff of an FQB.... and if Satan was feeling super generous that day.... maybe throw in a winning season. 

The Jets are a money making business for Satan!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I haven't  lost hope but I am concerned with the rate Zach is getting injured 

right. Just wanted a full season evaluation 

Now if Zach comes in say week3-4 and isnt good, the question will be "would he be better if hehad a full camp" 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, yvj said:

I now Zach's injury is seemingly minor (as minor as a month out with no reps can be) but it is still a set back for a kid who needs to be out there getting every rep he can. He is at this point a project and projects needs reps. Right now he is an oft injured project. 

But it's not just about Zach really it's the cumulative disasters upon disasters that just make hope seem foolish. 

We just can't have nice thing here.

When I thought Zach was out for the season I was thinking that I'd never jump the gun on letting myself be optimistic about this team again (which I did when we drafted Sam and again this offseason with Zach going into year 2 plus the draft we just had).

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the team now that Zach might only miss a little of the regular season.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, PorP said:

Let me explain my optimism this way....

I'm now convinced Woody is just the front man for the actual owner Lucifer P. Satan.

I mean how many people have sold thier soul for a SB win over the last 5 decades? 

And things are so bad now,  sh1t, I'd sell mine for the sniff of an FQB.... and if Satan was feeling super generous that day.... maybe throw in a winning season. 

The Jets are a money making business for Satan!!!

Uncircumcised Philistine.

• Haha 2

Timing really sucks.  Training camp is pretty much 6 weeks.   Practice the first few against the same defense (your own) followed by some competition with practices with other teams and pre-season.  To miss out on all of those other looks is tough for a young guy who needs the work.  With the current CBA this time is precious as once the season starts you have little time to work on things -  too busy game planning for the upcoming opponent. For Aaron Rodgers missing this time but making it back for regular season games is all that matters.  For Zach Wilson its almost the other way around - might have been better for his development to get all this work in and then miss a few weeks of the regular season.  Either way I agree it has been a big buzz kill coming so early - I am starting to believe Shea Stadium was build on an ancient burial ground and the spirits have still not forgiven.  

• Upvote 2

I've dampened my optimism for a 8-10 win season.  It's more like 6-7.  And winning 7-8 games with a Flacco doesn't raise my optimism for the future of this team.  Jets sorely need to establish a FQB for like a 10-12 year period, if the team is going to have an opportunity for multiple playoff appearances.  With at least one or two times landing in the Supe. 

Zach is talented and I'm hopeful for him if he can stay healthy.  The OL needs to provide him 2.5 sec to throw it.  The rest will then be up to Zach.  He has the skill talent around him for the Jets to compete with all teams on the schedule.  And for him to grow from this season. 

So...my optimism for this team rests on ZW's development into a FQB.  Jets really haven't had a legit FQB since Namath.  Candidates yes.  But for whatever reason...usually injuries and poor draft decisions...have not helped to establish a FQB. 

So I'm hopeful for Zach's development...minus injuries setting him back.  That's about all I can hope for.

We'll see how it plays out.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, yvj said:

We just can't have nice things here.

At the end of the day you might want to be thankful you still got one. Hope it heals/

• Upvote 1

This year was always (well hopefully) going to be about watching Zach Wilson grow with the young players on the team...and start winning some games together.

We might miss Wilson for a few - but hopefully we'll see Moore and AVT flourish into a top talents, start to see flashes from GW, Sauce, JJ, Clemmens, Breeeeece, Ruckert etc..

Still should be a VERY exciting year with lots to be optimistic about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

right. Just wanted a full season evaluation 

Now if Zach comes in say week3-4 and isnt good, the question will be "would he be better if hehad a full camp" 

I won't.  I think one game he can have some rust but if he continues to suck, writing is on the wall at that point. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I won't.  I think one game he can have some rust but if he continues to suck, writing is on the wall at that point. 

Depends on how he sucks - 

If he's doing the same sh*t - throwing every ball behind people on 10 yard ins - on their back hips - floating it over their heads on out patterns and backing up instead of stepping up - short arming passes etc...

At that point it might just be clear he's not a gamer.  He seems to be doing all the right things in practice - showing real progress - so if that doesn't carry over, in some way to the games - you might be right.

Now, if he's making the short throws, moving the ball a bit, occasional splash play - with a sprinkler of a bad decisions and some INT's - but he's showing progress but still not looking like a star then they will stick with him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Depends on how he sucks - 

If he's doing the same sh*t - throwing every ball behind people on 10 yard ins - on their back hips - floating it over their heads on out patterns and backing up instead of stepping up - short arming passes etc...

At that point it might just be clear he's not a gamer.  He seems to be doing all the right things in practice - showing real progress - so if that doesn't carry over, in some way to the games - you might be right.

Now, if he's making the short throws, moving the ball a bit, occasional splash play - with a sprinkler of a bad decisions and some INT's - but he's showing progress but still not looking like a star then they will stick with him.

Your last paragraph would be great. That isn't  suck

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Me trying to suck out the sense of doom after watching our 1st team on both sides of the ball play against Philly’s 1st team; it’s not only Zach. 

image.gif

I offer some tranquility. It was our first team defense minus: it’s top 2 edge defenders, best LB and play caller, and it’s CB1.

• Upvote 2

the jets are better this week with Joe Flacco/Mike White and Duane Brown then they were last week with Zach Wilson and Mekhi Becton 

all that matters is winning games and this vet lineup will win more games than the "potential" we saw in the 1q of preseason week 1 

PVO 

it's going to be a great season just not the way we all imagined it 

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

If its a slight trim of the meniscus then its minor. But if its worse he could easily miss 2 months. 

He was terrible last season and now is missing almost all of training camp. It is NOT minor under these circumstances. With the position he is in, missing one day of camp is bad. Missing all of it is terrible.