Gonna be honest latest injuries broke my optimistic bone

yvj

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

right. Just wanted a full season evaluation 

Now if Zach comes in say week3-4 and isnt good, the question will be "would he be better if hehad a full camp" 

I don't think Saleh, J.D and the CS will have to ask that question. They will have seen enough to at least bring in a real QB to challenge him, if not drafting one next spring.

4 hours ago, yvj said:

On the heels of Becton when Zach fell back to the ground all hope left me.

I now Zach's injury is seemingly minor (as minor as a month out with no reps can be) but it is still a set back for a kid who needs to be out there getting every rep he can. He is at this point a project and projects needs reps. Right now he is an oft injured project. 

But it's not just about Zach really it's the cumulative disasters upon disasters that just make hope seem foolish. 

We just can't have nice things here.

let me help you get hope back......flacco is better than the milf hunter

4 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

I've dampened my optimism for a 8-10 win season.  It's more like 6-7.  And winning 7-8 games with a Flacco doesn't raise my optimism for the future of this team.  Jets sorely need to establish a FQB for like a 10-12 year period, if the team is going to have an opportunity for multiple playoff appearances.  With at least one or two times landing in the Supe. 

Zach is talented and I'm hopeful for him if he can stay healthy.  The OL needs to provide him 2.5 sec to throw it.  The rest will then be up to Zach.  He has the skill talent around him for the Jets to compete with all teams on the schedule.  And for him to grow from this season. 

So...my optimism for this team rests on ZW's development into a FQB.  Jets really haven't had a legit FQB since Namath.  Candidates yes.  But for whatever reason...usually injuries and poor draft decisions...have not helped to establish a FQB. 

So I'm hopeful for Zach's development...minus injuries setting him back.  That's about all I can hope for.

We'll see how it plays out.

Even though I'm bummed about the Zach injury, I still kind of have a feeling some things won't go according to the "usual SOJ".  I think we're due for some unexpected stuff this season.  And who knows?  Maybe some of that will be good.  Heck, there's a chance Zach will start the opening game (though my gut tells me he shouldn't and he won't).  But maybe Flacco can keep us in games until Zach comes back?  And maybe some of the young guys show some real potential?  Imagine if Michael Clemons turns out to be a beast?  Or Breece starts shredding defenses?  Or Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore look like a serious 1-2 punch?  That would raise optimism for when ZW came back.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, viffer said:

He was terrible last season and now is missing almost all of training camp. It is NOT minor under these circumstances. With the position he is in, missing one day of camp is bad. Missing all of it is terrible.

He’s raw. He had a rough start. You can’t put that all on him. Not going over all the intangibles since they’ve been beaten more than a dead horse here. And he hasn’t missed most of training camp. Stop being a drama queen ?. He’s worked hard all off season.  He’s definitely put on weight and muscle.  He even had several workouts with his WR’s and TE’s so not sure why you’re jumping off the bridge. Once you jump, changing your mind on the way down is futile.