Garrett Wilson talks about the differences between Joe Flacco and Zach Wilson:

Bronx

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Week 5 at best.

This is the voice and testament of the lockeroom.

This surely isn't a good look for Z and/or G Wilson....

but Zach Wilson be back as soon as he's ready to go.  My guess is he plays week 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Translation. Zach, take your time getting better. 

just take your time.  his arm is plenty good enough.  but he thinks he's winning with his arms and legs.  the int and the injury could both have been avoided if he just chilled out.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Warfish said:

Why is it a bad look for Garrett? 

He was complimentary of his current QB.  I expect a veteran to throw a more receiver friendly ball than a rookie whose touch on passing isn't his strong suite as yet.

Takes real effort to find fault in Garrett here.  

If you don't see why my explanation won't help.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My guess is he plays week 2.

It will be situational dependent. If the Jets are awful, then Zach will start as soon as he gets the medical green light.  But, if the team is on a hot streak, he will sit and learn additional weeks.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Zach Wilson's touch has been fine.  Accuracy and decision making and ability to see the field, not so much.  But, he's not been firing lasers at WRs all over the field.

He throws dumpoffs and passes to the flat like he’s trying to throw a fastball

In some cases, just unnecessarily putting it right on top of guys before they can get their hands up 

This is basic stuff 

like if you watch ground passes in soccer, the pros only put as much pace / mustard on a ball as necessary

The goal is to make it as easy as possible to not only handle / receive the pass but for the receiver to make his 1st touch / move into positive space 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"So, Garrett, what's the difference between catching passes between Zach Wilson and Joe Flacco."

Garrett: "Well, one is a Super Bowl MVP winning QB, and the other is not."

/end interview

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Awesome analogy! Are you a Harvard student?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Elijah was the WR4 (4th most productive) in fantasy when Zach Wilson was out last year. 

Yeah he did the bulk of his damage with White, Flacco and even JJ

maybe it’s building in year 2, but Moore flashed zero chemistry with ZW in year 1

that’s why while I love the player (Moore) I think he’s getting over drafted in fantasy

I wouldn’t touch him at his 5th round ADP

Garrett Wilson providing a brilliant explanation on how QBs actually impact how “catchable” a pass is for receivers…. I suspect a noticeable difference would in theory lower the number of drops (catches that a Receiver should catch, but that are made more difficult by the QB)

I haven't thought that Wilson was going to turn into the franchise QB that we all wanted him to be at pretty much any point, but even I am surprised how many people who were looking at getting gender change surgery so they could become MILFs last week are now off Wilson's bandwagon this week. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It will be situational dependent. If the Jets are awful, then Zach will start as soon as he gets the medical green light.  But, if the team is on a hot streak, he will sit and learn additional weeks.

While I think that would be ideal for the Jets - they're likely going to have to give a timeline this week.  Probably Wed.

They've been saying this whole time it's 2-4 weeks but won't know for sure until they get in there.  they're going in tomorrow.  I suspect we get a timeline Wednesday.

I know a lot of people here don't like Zach Wilson - think he's already a bust.  That's fine and understandable, we've been through a lot...

But Jets management don't see it that way - they're all in on Zach and they know it.  Zach will be back as soon as he's 100%.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While I think that would be ideal for the Jets - they're likely going to have to give a timeline this week.  Probably Wed.

They've been saying this whole time it's 2-4 weeks but won't know for sure until they get in there.  they're going in tomorrow.  I suspect we get a timeline Wednesday.

I know a lot of people here don't like Zach Wilson - think he's already a bust.  That's fine and understandable, we've been through a lot...

But Jets management don't see it that way - they're all in on Zach and they know it.  Zach will be back as soon as he's 100%.

He hasn't played a full year and he is obviously greener than Flacco. A team coach will focus on the momentum rather than an individual player.  If everything is clicking on high cylinders with Flacco or else, the most obvious and logical choice is to give Zach additional training before starting him again.

• Upvote 1

I actually worry about Garrett Wilson longevity the way he stretches and opens all the way up with every catch it seems (seems like each limb is stretched in each direction).  A lob thrown to him in the middle of field could end his day some safety or DB decides to hit him hard enough.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

He hasn't played a full year and he is obviously greener than Flacco. A team coach will focus on the momentum rather than an individual player.  If everything is clicking on high cylinders with Flacco or else, the most obvious and logical choice is to give Zach additional training before starting him again.

Sure, but not to be repetitive - they're going to have to give a timeline - so by the time they know how the team is doing with Flacco they would have already committed to when ZW will be back.

I guess they can always claim he's had a set back or something like that - but I just don't see it working that way.

Or say Yes, Zach is ready but we're sticking with Joe because we're winning - but I just don't see that either.

Honestly, I do get what you're saying and not even saying it's the wrong choice - just that I don't see it happening that way.  I think on Wed or Thur we'll get a timeline - and they'll get Wilson back as soon as he's ready.

• Upvote 1

That commentary by G. Wilson only validates the concern that some have voiced here regarding Zachary:

He needs to sit and learn so as to see how to properly operate the offense and NOT feel that he has to be Superman at QB, while a veteran QB can help develop the young playmakers : G Wilson, E. Moore, Conky, Berrios, B Hall, M Carter, Ruckert, etc. - who don’t have to adjust to a neophyte forcing things and stunting the growth and cohesion of the offense. 

You don’t need fastballs all the time, a change-up can be just as efficient as long as it gets to the receiver at the proper spot. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I actually worry about Garrett Wilson longevity the way he stretches and opens all the way up with every catch it seems (seems like each limb is stretched in each direction).  A lob thrown to him in the middle of field could end his day some safety or DB decides to hit him hard enough.

That’s why he mentions a WR friendly pass that is accurate and won’t get him killed over the middle; something Zachary is yet to master as a Pro. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

That commentary by G. Wilson only validates the concern that some have voiced here regarding Zachary:

He needs to sit and learn so as to see how to properly operate the offense and NOT feel that he has to be Superman at QB, while a veteran QB can help develop the young playmakers : G Wilson, E. Moore, Conky, Berrios, B Hall, M Carter, Ruckert, etc. - who don’t have to adjust to a neophyte forcing things and stunting the growth and cohesion of the offense. 

You don’t need fastballs all the time, a change-up can be just as efficient as long as it gets to the receiver at the proper spot. 

changing velocity can also be a problem - WR need to catch the fastballs and sometimes you have to throw the fastballs unless they want to get killed or INT, so the argument really makes no sense.  Does that mean when you have to throw the fastball they gonna drop it?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

How can anybody who watched that last game against the Bills think Zach Wilson's problem is that he is trying to be Superman at QB? 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

That’s why he mentions a WR friendly pass that is accurate and won’t get him killed over the middle; something Zachary is yet to master as a Pro. 

he has hardly played with Zach and I dont recall many plays where he got the WR murdered last year.  That was not his issue.

• Confused 1