Garrett Wilson talks about the differences between Joe Flacco and Zach Wilson:

Bronx

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I recognize realities and believe sometimes you need to take a step backward to take two forward.  This team was a mess and needed to start over.

No, it didn't.  At any stage better decisions could have returned the team to competitive football much quick that our as-yet uncompleted attempt at a "rebuild" to do so.  The NFL is not a "five year plan" league and never has been.  

If you're argument is Woody Johnson is a bad owner - I couldn't agree more.   It does seem as though he's handed over control to Joe Douglas - who has proven to be far more competent.

My argument is that our franchise makes bad decisions, and has a fanbase with stars in it's eyes who laps it up and rarely demands better.

I agree, the Jets need to win games this year.  I believed in the plan from JD and knew two years was necessary to clean up the mess he was left.  This year should require wins.

We'll see.  With Zach out, and a tough schedule (supposedly), most are already writing off this year, like so many previous years, as "nope, but next year will be great!", same as always.  Pre-emptive excuse making for failure.

With that said I have no interest in losing football, but at the same time I think too many folks around here are quite happy to win between 7 and 10 games each year - make the playoffs twice a decade and lose in the first round.  The way the Jets were going was just that. 

Yes, I would love a team that wins 7-10 games every single season, and never dives into the 2-4 win territory we live in.

10 wins is the playoffs and a chance. Gotta be in it to win it.

Which is better than constant 2-4 wins, a hyped up draft pick, and an endless assortment of Sanchez's, Smith's, Darnold's and Wilson's.

I would MUCH rather take the JD approach and shoot for greatness than settle for consistent mediocrity.

"Aiming for greatness".

27-70 record over the past 6 seasons, with 5 out of 6 last place AFC East finishes.

63-114 record over the past 11 seasons.

Please, for the love of god, do not preach to me about "aiming for greatness" with this franchise.

Those touchy mediocrities who sit trembling lest someone's work prove greater than their own - they have no inkling of the loneliness that comes when you reach the top. The loneliness for an equal - for a mind to respect and an achievement to admire.” 
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Lol, Ayn Rand.  SMH.

Feels like groundhog day with the Zach Wilson excuse train.

It took more than 3 years for the pro-Darnold crowd to give up the ghost.

Wasn't just blowhards like Orlovsky but a good segment of the fan base still clinging to false narratives as recently as last October, when the wheels fell off in CAR and Joe Brady was fired:

1) Darnold can still be a franchise QB

2) Adam Gase ruined Sam Darnold

3) Darnold was never the problem.  He never had a chance.  It was always the OL and lack of weapons.

• Sympathy 2