A quote from Saleh today....

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is exactly what he means. Penalties are yardage. Look at how the Pats have leveraged penalties into a dynasty.

Sorry he didn’t spell it out for everyone. 

New Girl Reaction GIF

No, everybody understood.. except for Quincy Williams who listened to it backwards. 

8 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Saleh needs to stop treating the players as his friends, and start treating them like his employees.  Stop preaching life lessons and start teaching football.

So what exactly are you saying here? Are you implying he has not been coaching? Are you saying he should not motivate them with one liners like every great coach in history?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

"I want a team full of agitators, so you're either being agitated or you're agitating on a football field," Saleh said. "And I want them being competitive, I want them talking smack, I want them to get in each other's faces, I want them to push the envelope with what they can get away with.  I just want them to have composure when they get the person across from them agitated enough to do something."

Is he serious?  He wants these guys getting into each other's grill and then wants them to hold back and not get physical?  These are young guys who are not just going to stop on a dime when pushed to the limit.  Reminds me of grunt training back in the day...you want nothing more than punching the crap out of someone...especially when they're just tempting you.

So All Fire No Flame?

You can have all the catch slogans you want, but if you go out and put up another year like last, the media will destroy you.

for me, cool it on the catch phrases and just go out and show improvement. Win more games than last year and be competitive. 

string together a season or two of improvement and then have at it, but until then if he continues with the cute stuff and doesn’t translate it on the field, by media will run him out.

10 hours ago, Trotter said:

I like saleh. He was the guy I was hoping for last year when we needed a coach but little by little he gets more concerning.

All of his sideline screaming when he was at SF made him appealing. BUT... like most Jets hires, it was emotional.  I actually SMH saying... another untested coordinator. He I suppose deserved a shot but he does NOT look ready for prime time. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

It’s weird bc I tend to disagree with a lot of your takes, but then you start throwing Janosz Poha gifs around and I begin to think maybe I’m the problem.  Very underrated comedic performance.

From the upper vest side

34 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I watched the Pats beat a very good Seahawks team in the SB because they actually prepared to make the game winning play before the game actually happened.  It wasn't agitiation it was preperation.  

Is there a reason you couldn't do both? It wasn't like the reporter asked him what the key to winning games was. He was specifically asked about the fights in camp.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is there a reason you couldn't do both? It wasn't like the reporter asked him what the key to winning games was. He was specifically asked about the fights in camp.

Saleh seems married to scheme on both sides of the ball.  He doesn't seem like he cares at all what the other team actually does.  There isn't a reason you can't do both. I just haven't seen any evidence that Saleh is an attention detail guy who is coaching this team like Parcells or any number of other really good HC would.

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Saleh seems married to scheme on both sides of the ball.  He doesn't seem like he cares at all what the other team actually does.  There isn't a reason you can't do both. I just haven't seen any evidence that Saleh is an attention detail guy who is coaching this team like Parcells or any number of other really good HC would.

The roster was pretty garbage last year. It's better this year. I'm interested in seeing how they're able to coach up a better roster when the games matter. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think you hit directly on the issue.

when the jets were searching for a hc, they specifically stated they wanted a ceo type.

what saleh has demonstrated so far is he let’s the oc do his thing and the dc do his.

the oc after a shaky start got it straightened out.

the dc is not there yet

depending on your take, the jets did not want another parcels, Reid etc. they wanted a guy to organize those around him and manage.

so far giving it a c grade is prob generous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

I think you hit directly on the issue.

when the jets were searching for a hc, they specifically stated they wanted a ceo type.

what saleh has demonstrated so far is he let’s the oc do his thing and the dc do his.

the oc after a shaky start got it straightened out.

the dc is not there yet

depending on your take, the jets did not want another parcels, Reid etc. they wanted a guy to organize those around him and manage.

so far giving it a c grade is prob generous.

Before I started my own business I worked for a CEO who kicked the ass of the Janitor up to the President on a daily basis.  We had very clean floors and a President who had a very annoying facial tick. 

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

A bare thin roster that then was injured.  One season.  You expect scheme changes?  How many players were brought in off the street and played that week? 

How many people commented about Parcells attention to detail and March up abilities when he had a 2-13-1 roster and Mara was ready to fire him?

• Sympathy 1

I've been part of two companies with very different management style and both were extremely successful.

1 . The CEO kicked the ass off everyone publicly

2 . The CEO was publicly mr nice guy and kicked his henchman managers in the ass behind closed door ... releasing them onto the world with relentless fury.

What I have never seen is a touchy feely approach that coddles failure succeed. Yes you want development... but at some point you cut bait starting with the managers.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A bare thin roster that then was injured.  One season.  You expect scheme changes?  How many players were brought in off the street and played that week? 

How many people commented about Parcells attention to detail and March up abilities when he had a 2-13-1 roster and Mara was ready to fire him?

They went 3 12 and 1.  

Parcells was part of Ray Perkins staff under George Young.  Young wanted to hire Schnellenberger but he couldn't get him for 2 years.  Parcells turned it around in year 2.   Parcells was hired as a placeholder.  Of course he was going to get fired if they could get their man.  Not sure what your point is?  Parcells was thrown into the deep end of the pool to drown.  He swam.

Saleh was brought in because he could swim.  

36 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They went 3 12 and 1.  

Parcells was part of Ray Perkins staff under George Young.  Young wanted to hire Schnellenberger but he couldn't get him for 2 years.  Parcells turned it around in year 2.   Parcells was hired as a placeholder.  Of course he was going to get fired if they could get their man.  Not sure what your point is?  Parcells was thrown into the deep end of the pool to drown.  He swam.

Saleh was brought in because he could swim.  

Wow, I was off by a game, thanks for setting the record straight.  Come on man

You brought Parcells up, then you have to accept the fact, he showed nothing in year one that would lead you to be;I’ve he would become the shining example you want to compare Saleh with.  

I mean one season, a lousy roster that was ravaged by an exorbitant number of injuries and then let’s complain his resume doesn’t stack up with an all time great HOF HC?  

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No, dude. He’s referring to what he wants to develop in his players. He’s using the camp fights to set the tone for what they should be in the regular season with real opponents. 

Agitating is playing with leverage and gaining yards via penalty.

Getting agitated is for meatheads who shrink in big game moments.

I’ll send over my service records and Polk High stat sheet next time I reply to one of your goofy posts.

Yeah but did you ever play minor league baseball? 

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, I was off by a game, thanks for setting the record straight.  Come on man

You brought Parcells up, then you have to accept the fact, he showed nothing in year one that would lead you to be;I’ve he would become the shining example you want to compare Saleh with.  

I mean one season, a lousy roster that was ravaged by an exorbitant number of injuries and then let’s complain his resume doesn’t stack up with an all time great HOF HC?  

Lets use Parcells as the standard and not look in hindsight.  If Saleh wins a playoff game in year 2 I'm good.  If the Jets are under 500 are you good?

• Upvote 1