A quote from Saleh today....

I will remember this thread the next time one of you Vince Lombardi motivational quotes hanging in your home office mofo's start quoting that thing Bill Parcells said that one time in a press conference that you thought was cool when he didnt have a back up QB on the roster for a SuperBowl primed team.

15 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Really?? 

This thread is filled with complaints about the most stupid crap. The coach is having a press conference like every coach in the league. He answered a question and your complaint is you'd prefer less talking. You want him to stand up there and mumble like that scumbag belichick instead of answering?

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

This thread is complaining about the most stupid crap. The coach is having a press conference like every coach in the league. He answered a question and your complaint is you'd prefer less talking. You want him to stand up there and mumble like that scumbag belichick instead of answering?

Not really complaining, last year he came out with that all gas no breaks nonsense, and all breaks no gas would have been closer to the truth. Whatever, its a slow time of year, I'd like to see more action and less talking, more of a statement than a complaint. And I would take BB results if it came along with mumbling any day of the week

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Lets use Parcells as the standard and not look in hindsight.  If Saleh wins a playoff game in year 2 I'm good.  If the Jets are under 500 are you good?

Let’s be fair and use Parcells year one as the standard.  You also selling the two rosters, divisions are similar?  Parcells would have made the playoff 2 years into his coaching career with this team playing in this division?  We have seasoned Simms, LT, Carson etc? 
Again a HOF HC performance in year 2 or bust?  

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Let’s be fair and use Parcells year one as the standard.  You also selling the two rosters, divisions are similar?  Parcells would have made the playoff 2 years into his coaching career with this team playing in this division?  We have seasoned Simms, LT, Carson etc? 
Again a HOF HC performance in year 2 or bust?  

Not sure what your point is.  The Giants had Zeke Mowatt at TE and their starting WR were Bobby Johnson and Earnest Gray.   They had the 19th ranked O and the 8th ranked D in the league.  They weren't remotely close to as good as the Redskins, SF and LA.  They were a decent NFL roster that made the playoffs in a very good division.   Phil Simms was 15 in QBR that year.  It was his first healthy year. 

On 8/15/2022 at 9:28 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

"I want a team full of agitators, so you're either being agitated or you're agitating on a football field," Saleh said. "And I want them being competitive, I want them talking smack, I want them to get in each other's faces, I want them to push the envelope with what they can get away with.  I just want them to have composure when they get the person across from them agitated enough to do something."

Is he serious?  He wants these guys getting into each other's grill and then wants them to hold back and not get physical?  These are young guys who are not just going to stop on a dime when pushed to the limit.  Reminds me of grunt training back in the day...you want nothing more than punching the crap out of someone...especially when they're just tempting you.

Translation: All gas, no break - 2022 version.