Max Mitchell talks about Zach, Flacco and battling in camp

Maxman

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Anyone think this guy will start games this year and be a full time starter next year?

Seems likely. He played pretty well last Friday and was always a project. Reason he fell was lack of confidence in him developing weight and size but that seems already like it won't be an issue. Clemens and Mitchell could both be steals.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sounds like a guy who might really benefit from a full NFL offseason program. Hopefully he comes in next year looking a little beastly.

Seemed like McGovern got ran over initially and mitchell got beat on that play. Scrambling was the right move but he should have just got a few yards and went OOB.

Ha, that's  worse than an OL being responsible.  
Was this concluded ? I need to rewatch the play ... again... zach taking off would have been louded as an incredible play had he not gotten injured.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Seemed like McGovern got ran over initially and mitchell got beat on that play. Scrambling was the right move but he should have just got a few yards and went OOB.
Meh .. he was competing ... Lamar or Josh would not have run oob. Maholmes or Wilson would have.

22 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Was this concluded ? I need to rewatch the play ... again... zach taking off would have been louded as an incredible play had he not gotten injured.

The funny thing is had he run out oof bounds, he probably picks up an extra yard and doesn't  get injured

I thought Mitchell played poorly when I was watching it because he got beat on the play where Zach got hurt, so I looked it up on PFF and he wasn’t that terrible: 2 pressures on 29 passes. What I was surprised to see was how bad the the highly-touted interior linemen got their asses kicked against the run. The run-blocking grades (70-72 is considered “good”):

McGovern— 46.6

AVT—47

Tomlinson—50.7

Mitchell—55.4

Edoga—62.4

Physically manhandled.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Zach was.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ha, that's  worse than an OL being responsible.  

I’m sure Max Mitchell is a very nice guy, but no, Zach was not responsible for being flushed out.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m sure Max Mitchell is a very nice guy, but no, Zach was not responsible for being flushed out.

God that was such a stupid decision by Wilson looking back at this. Just run out of bounds. What a dummy. 

Also Jordan Davis is going to be a force.

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

God that was such a stupid decision by Wilson looking back at this. Just run out of bounds. What a dummy. 

Also Jordan Davis is going to be a force.

Yeah, not the best decision in pre-season. That or a slide would have been nice.  I think the most ideal scenario would have just been the ability to complete the play-fake and go through the reads first, lol.

Agreed on Jordan Davis too.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It’s idiotic, the play broke down, assuming no one was open the QB takes off gains 8 or so yards and is blamed because he gets a non contact knee injury.  It’s comical 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s idiotic, the play broke down, assuming no one was open the QB takes off gains 8 or so yards and is blamed because he gets a non contact knee injury.  It’s comical 

That’s what lots of us (myself included) wanted to see from him.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

In season? Yes. Preseason? No...there's absolutely no reason to stay in bounds and start juking guys. I'm not blaming him, it's bad luck, that's his game and how he plays but it's not a smart decision.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He had time.

This is the end of his drop back:C627D700-4BC9-41C2-AD8C-607271F3DC47.thumb.jpeg.81b953e152bf97e5f31c99c5d9e5df2f.jpeg

He is JUST planting his foot, routes have not begun to develop, while the EDGE and RDT are coming in hot, leaving zero room to step up.  

Again, I’m sure Max Mitchell is a very nice guy, but that was an absolutely abysmal rep by him, and AVT for that matter, that would have had someone like Flacco or White looking inside of their own a**holes at the end of the play.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is the end of his drop back:C627D700-4BC9-41C2-AD8C-607271F3DC47.thumb.jpeg.81b953e152bf97e5f31c99c5d9e5df2f.jpeg

He is JUST planting his foot, routes have not begun to develop, while the EDGE is coming in clean and hot, leaving zero room to step up.  

Again, I’m sure Max Mitchell is a very nice guy, but that was an absolutely abysmal rep that would have had someone like Flacco or White looking inside of their own a**holes at the end of the play.

He had time.

Also, this is one play, the original remark was about the totality of the game. Zach takes off too soon pretty routinely.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He had time.

Also, this is one play, the original remark was about the totality of the game. Zach takes off too soon pretty routinely.

Respectfully disagree on “he had time” and I’ve yet to see anyone breakdown that play to show me evidence that he had time so I’ll remain adamant that he didn’t.

I was simply addressing the play where the injury occurred, fwiw.  As a whole, yes, Zach needs to climb the pocket more.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thought this was worth sharing, this kid seems poised, strong, and ready. Well hopefully at least close to ready. I think he is going to be a good Jet for a long time.

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Anyone think this guy will start games this year and be a full time starter next year?

Is it because he's named Max?