Garrett Wilson on the importance of not backing down!

Maxman

Just now, pointman said:

Someone on ESPN radio this morning said that GW has had a decent amount of drops in camp and that it was 'something to keep an eye on'. Thats not good. I believe it was Cimini, so take it with a teeny tiny grain of salt.

Yea, camp reports have noted a number of drops but also some nice plays. Not the most uncommon thing for a rookie WR. He’s also a backup right now, but his reps will increase. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Someone on ESPN radio this morning said that GW has had a decent amount of drops in camp and that it was 'something to keep an eye on'. Thats not good. I believe it was Cimini, so take it with a teeny tiny grain of salt.

Were you 11B?

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, camp reports have noted a number of drops but also some nice plays. Not the most uncommon thing for a rookie WR. He’s also a backup right now, but his reps will increase. 

He's a backup? And yeah, hearing he can get up and makes insane grabs buuuut hearing he gets the dropsies on routine stuff makes me scared. I miss Clyde Gates.

Just now, pointman said:

He's a backup? And yeah, hearing he can get up and makes insane grabs buuuut hearing he gets the dropsies on routine stuff makes me scared. I miss Clyde Gates.

"backup" isn't a great term for WRs in this context, but I just mean that he's not starting on the outside or in the slot. The three "starters" would be Davis, Moore, and Berrios. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

"backup" isn't a great term for WRs in this context, but I just mean that he's not starting on the outside or in the slot. The three "starters" would be Davis, Moore, and Berrios. 

Another ESPN "expert" was talking about Davis maybe being the odd man out. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It’s 100% the receivers job to catch every ball he can.  But listening to GW talk about Flacco throwing catchable balls taking off pace and just his natural spin, I wondered if Zach throws a ball difficult to catch.  I remember Kellen Clemens throwing similar balls, they just looked tough to catch, had a lot of drops.  I guess the angle and spin rate would do it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pointman said:

he's clumsy. It's the biggest reason I felt he wasn't a top 10 WR... not to say he can't grow out of that, but it was there in his college tape too

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

he's clumsy. It's the biggest reason I felt he wasn't a top 10 WR... not to say he can't grow out of that, but it was there in his college tape too

Damn it. Thanks for the heads up. That isn't what I wanted to hear. I know zero about him and Ohio St now, but judging by your av and sig you probably are on top of things. So is Ruckert going to be our long term solution at TE? Is he our new Keller?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, pointman said:

Damn it. Thanks for the heads up. That isn't what I wanted to hear. I know zero about him and Ohio St now, but judging by your av and sig you probably are on top of things. So is Ruckert going to be our long term solution at TE? Is he our new Keller?

Ruckert will be our Jason Witten when the dust settle.. thankfully he isn't be asked to carry the load the next 1-2 yeras.

GW is an NFL talent WR, and will make plays up and down the field. I'm just saying he can be a bit clumpsy; tripping over his feet here and there, concentration drop etc.. the natural talent is there, so i'm not worried - but dominant WR1? In a perfect world He, Moore and Mims gel together

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Ruckert will be our Jason Witten when the dust settle.. thankfully he got isn't be asked to carry the load the next 1-2 yeras.

GW is an NFL talent WR, and will make plays up and down the field. I'm just saying he can be a bit clumpsy; tripping over his feet here and there, concentration drop etc.. the natural talent is there, so i'm not worried - but dominant WR1? In a perfect world He, Moore and Mims gel together

*cries in pickens*

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2022 at 7:34 PM, pointman said:

Remember last year when everybody was talking about how badly Jamar Chase was doing in camp? I would wait until actual games to really see how he's playing

2 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

*cries in pickens*

It's a lose lose to be me.... I'm over here crying WR1 is Pickens as back as January, people tell me to get real. Now that he is looking the part -- I just get left with pain of knowing it was true.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

Ruckert will be our Jason Witten when the dust settle.. thankfully he isn't be asked to carry the load the next 1-2 yeras.

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Sympathy 1

On 8/15/2022 at 9:34 PM, pointman said:

Ja'Marr Chase had the same issue,   Hopefully it's just a "getting used to the new QBs and the league thing".

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

2/325, 4/235 (after it was 1/509th, before it was 173rd), 2/325

I had a number of friends in the 1/325

Airborne all the way! We should definitely talk in the future.

I retired at USAG Humphreys, jumped to FMWR and was promoted to Athletic Director at Camp Casey. That was an awesome job. I worked for DPTMS, Garrison prior to retirement and it was equivalent to the G-3 but with civilian liasons. I basically was in direct contact with the muscle movers of the base and had plenty resources to run the job.

At Camp Casey, I remember meeting all the 1sgs and commanders to promote the programs and had a softball league of 32 teams, flag football about the same and many other sports. They faithfully supported the programs in order to keep the soldiers from ajouima's claws! 

We ran so many events and soldiers morale was always high. I miss being around them.

• Sympathy 1