Bored.......so, please pick the winner in these 6 real or imaginary "roster battles"

Roster Battles?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the roster spot battle between Nick Bawden and Trevon Wesco at FB/HBack?

• They BOTH make the 2022 Active Roster
    • Bawden is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
    • Bawden is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Wesco is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Wesco is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
    • NEITHER makes the 2022 Active Roster
  2. 2. Who wins the roster spot battle between Chuma Edoga and Conor McDermott at OT?

• Edoga is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
    • Edoga is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • McDermott is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • McDermott is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
  3. 3. Who wins the roster spot battle between Bryce Huff and Jabari Zuniga at DE?

• Huff is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
    • Huff is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Zuniga is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Zuniga is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
  4. 4. Who wins the roster spot battle between Justin Hardee and Rachad Wildgoose at CB?

• Hardee is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
    • Hardee is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Wildgoose is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Wildgoose is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
  5. 5. Who wins the roster spot battle between Ashtyn Davis and Will Parks at Safety?

• Davis is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
    • Davis is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Parks is somewhat more likely to make the active roster
    • Parks is MUCH more likely to make the active roster
  6. 6. Who wins the roster spot battle between Lawrence Cager and Kenny Yeboah for a Practice Squad spot at TE

• They BOTH make the 2022 Practice Squad
    • Cager is MUCH more likely to make the Practice Squad
    • Cager is somewhat more likely to make the Practice Squad
    • Yeboah is somewhat more likely to make the Practice Squad
    • Yeboah is MUCH more likely to make the Practice Squad
    • NEITHER makes the 2022 Practice Squad

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I think we will be signing a few players who become cap casualties or older guys who are replaced by younger ones and a bunch of these bubble players are let go

Ideally the bottom 1/3 - 1/4 of the roster is tinkered with all season long. Gives me greater hope that the top is real talent.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ideally the bottom 1/3 - 1/4 of the roster is tinkered with all season long. Gives me greater hope that the top is real talent.

That is where I have Max Mitchell (bottom third). I know a lot of people are high on him but I think that was just people not liking Becton and he was an hier apparent. I really don't  see him contributing at all this season. 

43 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, I picked the most common response to date on all questions except the Wildgoose v Hardee questions where I was the only person to say both make the team, so I figued I would explain my reasoning.

Hardee is a Special Teams ace.  He played almost 370 ST snaps last year.  That is more snaps than a 5th or 6th CB would get so I think he makes it.

Wildgoose has looked really good in preseason and in camp.  Echols has been banged up.  I would not be surprised if they use some sort of IR to stash him at the beginning of the season and Wildgoose makes the 53 instead.

That’s a wild prediction and hardee to imagine but what’s good for the goose is good for the gander in taking someone’s roster spot.

Apologies, slowly morphing into my 75 year old dad. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

Damn.  I made the chalk picks almost everywhere.  I have to wonder what these guys really think of last year's corners.  We were all figuring that they were learning and getting experience, but the D was pretty damn bad and they completely overhauled the secondary. 

People were chatting Hall up as a #1 and I never saw it.  He looked very bad on that first TD on Friday night.  Echols and Carter showed flashes, but the D was bad.  Same for Guidry.  Lamar Jackson also had shown flashes and he saw the door pretty quick.  All these guys look like they might be pieces, but not the answer.  The hope is with something great standing up (Sauce/Reed) they are great depth and can handle 3/4/5 WRs.  

I am also unsure of what they are looking for in a CB.  Looking at Seattle, you could generally tell what they wanted.  Certain length criteria and train up the rest.  They have some of that background, but these guys seem all over the map.  That can be good in terms of not overlooking guys with certain limitations, but it makes things harder to predict.  They do seem to value versatility - CB/Slot/S/LB all start melding.  I would guess that requires intelligence, but I don't seem to see results.  FWIW, Hardee played some CB Friday and his highlight probably stood out in the negative the most after Hall's.  Showed no urgency in coming up to the guy catching the ball at the goal line while blindly following a guy in the middle of the endzone.  I don't know who is supposed to cover who, but it looked wrong to me. 

The pass rush looked much improved.  Seemed mostly motor and I guess Johnson didn't seem to be getting after it much, but I am hopeful that the D reaches top 20 status!

1 hour ago, Lith said:

So, I picked the most common response to date on all questions except the Wildgoose v Hardee questions where I was the only person to say both make the team, so I figued I would explain my reasoning.

Hardee is a Special Teams ace.  He played almost 370 ST snaps last year.  That is more snaps than a 5th or 6th CB would get so I think he makes it.

Wildgoose has looked really good in preseason and in camp.  Echols has been banged up.  I would not be surprised if they use some sort of IR to stash him at the beginning of the season and Wildgoose makes the 53 instead.

Plus Wildgoose could potentially sell quite a few jerseys if he’s good.

• Haha 1