Mike White gives Jets something most teams don’t have after Zach Wilson injury

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And like all the other QBs drafted, the majority drafted in the long history of the game you want to move on.  Makes sense, you guys just know he won’t 

I don't "know" Zach Wilson will fail.  I just feel pretty confident he will.  And certainly more confident than I was on draft day (and I didn't like him as a prospect).  

I'd love to be wrong.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This was just JDs third draft.  Only two of his drafts have played a single game.  They were one of if not the youngest teams in the league last season, they also have to develop.  He signed a couple of vets as stop gaps.  Duane Brown was signed out of desperation and need because Bectons kneecap exploded again.  Happens.  It will be his 4th season just like it will be the staffs 2nd.  I agree they have to show growth.  They have to start entertaining us.  I hate weekends when I know we’re going to lose too.  But comp;aiming that players, coaches have to go or suck after 1 year isn’t right or the way to move forward 

Fair enough, but they have to show us something or they will be proving that they do suck.  Becton's knee exploding was certainly predictable.  The entire board was concerned with his rehab.  People were saying he played his last down for the Jets for over six months by the time the draft rolled around.  Either they were happy with a choice of guys like Brown or Reiff, or not having something better in camp was a big failure.  

Everybody was lauding Douglas for landing Johnson and Breece Hall, but they could have had a decent tackle prospect,  and Hall and that might have worked out better.  Johnson had better work out or they look silly.  Hell, they could have drafted Hall and Boye Mafe and still gotten Raiman, Petit-Frere or Lucas.  The team has sucked.  People have a right to complain.  I am okay with the idea of what they are doing, but you can't give them a pass for 2022 because they are "rebuilding" or "developing."  They are here to win.  They have to improve.  The bar is pretty ******* low.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Either he can’t learn or we haven’t got good teachers.  I’m betting on the former.

He hasn’t reached the point that we know or should be guessing yet.  Why can’t a LaFleur given his time with Shanahan and his brother as a support staff get his part of the equation down.  I hate blaming coaches, if ZW fails with this offense and the toys at his disposal then he’s not it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He hasn’t reached the point that we know or should be guessing yet.  Why can’t a LaFleur given his time with Shanahan and his brother as a support staff get his part of the equation down.  I hate blaming coaches, if ZW fails with this offense and the toys at his disposal then he’s not it.

Thank you Joe Flacco, thank you 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Here is what I see.  Year 2 , is he still making mental mistakes, check.  Is he still injury prone, check.  

What the F*** does he do good?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Here is what I see.  Year 2 , is he still making mental mistakes, check.  Is he still injury prone, check.  

What the F*** does he do good?

Year two?

When have you seen him play a real game in game two?  One throw in a 3 got 5 series?  Lol

is this one of those Twilight Zone episodes we were talking about the other day?

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Year two?

When have you seen him play a real game in game two?  One throw in a 3 got 5 series?  Lol

is this one of those Twilight Zone episodes we were talking about the other day?

It's not like the Eagles (or any team) were running exotic fronts or blitzing on 2nd down in a preseason opener.

That was the sort of ugly INT you would expect to see from a 4th string rookie (or Sam Darnold, Mark Sanchez).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It's not like the Eagles (or any team) were running exotic fronts or blitzing on 2nd down in a preseason opener.

That was the sort of ugly INT you would expect to see from a 4th string rookie (or Sam Darnold, Mark Sanchez).

He had 5 pass attempts.  One horrid pass, 3 completions, two were long 3rd down conversions.  The INT sucked and his night showed nothing.   
I want to know where all thes not sort of ugly INTs reside.  Are Rodgers, Burrows, etc INT’s pretty?  INTs happen to every and any QB in the NFL, it a part of the game.  Grading INTs is a huge waste of time and means nothing

BTW, a friend of mine works for Heritage Auctions, procures product, works with the Namath collection.  A little homage to your screen name, you bid on line:

AAA74839-B99A-4E18-9950-B7B3608FF14E.thumb.jpeg.cb6d70e877ff4dc91faf084856478afd.jpeg

• Upvote 1