The disrespect for

The Crusher

1 minute ago, doitny said:

it wasnt Bart who said it..

I don't see anything in there at all that says the offense has looked the best with Flacco.  It had one of its best days - based on the #'s I agree with that - but there were plenty of very strong offensive days with Zach and more importantly those days were coming in batches.  The O was really starting to click.  

All I'm saying is - let's take it for what it is - the looked today with Flacco as the 1.  but no reason to say it's looked "best" when he was running it.  Just nothing to support that.  

That is all.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I recently watched both of them play.

They were both bad last year...

Zach has, by all accounts, looked better - is growing into the role

Flacco - by all accounts, is now 37 instead of 36.

You are a little nuts Fido. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I know right? I could almost still kind of more or less just about see my penis when I look down as long as I held my breathe long enough. Almost. 

Sometimes is better to have a bigger belly to hide the sad truth...ain't that right @Spoot-Face

Tinyknob.thumb.jpg.eb56716a796a142a7a4669920dfca100.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Have we ever seen a football player win Super Bowl MVP, CBPOTY, and People's Magazine Sexiest Man of the Year, all in the same year?

Cuz we're about to.

ShortGrandCavy-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is true, but even without a big belly, the view of my micro peen is mostly obscured by the top of your head down there.

That's why you have to keep on of these handy at all times, flashlight included.

image.png.f3579a5f3dc80cf2fc894bde79183d28.png

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Stop saying that 37 years is too old.  If you were feeling decrepit at this age, you should have done a better job taking care of your health and fitness.

This.

Also, same people complaining about 37yo Flacco cheered for 37yo Duane Brown.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I recently watched both of them play.

They were both bad last year...

Zach has, by all accounts, looked better - is growing into the role

Flacco - by all accounts, is now 37 instead of 36.

How did Zach look better?

Flacco had a higher completion percentage (by almost 10 percentage points, 64.3% to Zach's 55.6%).

Flacco had a higher TD percentage (7.1% to Zach's 2.3%)

Flacco had a lower INT percentage (0.0% to Zach's 2.9%)

Flacco had a higher YPA (8.0 to Zach's 6.1)

Flacco had a higher YPC (12.5 to Zach's 11.0)

Flacco had a higher QB rating (113.0 to Zach's 69.7)

Flacco had a lower Sacked percentage (4.5% to Zach's 10.3%)

So can you expand on what aspect of Zach's game looked better when all the metrics say otherwise?

Can you be more specific as to what looked better, if the goal is to win football games right now?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Flacco had a higher completion percentage (by almost 10 percentage points, 64.3% to Zach's 55.6%).

So can you expand on what aspect of Zach's game looked better when all the metrics say otherwise?

Can you be more specific as to what looked better, if the goal is to win football games right now?

Sorry to answer for him, but I think he meant that Zach looks better in 2022 than he did in 2021.  Of course, I am still waiting for the staff that comes into camp and says that their sh*tty young QB does not look better, has not been working hard and is not having the game slow down for him this year compared to last.  I heard it about Wilson, Darnold, Hackenberg, Geno, and Mark.  They are all primed for success.  I can't remember the last one that succeeded here.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It was just a feeling he got that Zach Wilson was better. Don't you dare attack his feelings now!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry to answer for him, but I think he meant that Zach looks better in 2022 than he did in 2021.  Of course, I am still waiting for the staff that comes into camp and says that their sh*tty young QB does not look better, has not been working hard and is not having the game slow down for him this year compared to last.  I heard it about Wilson, Darnold, Hackenberg, Geno, and Mark.  They are all primed for success.  I can't remember the last one that succeeded here.

AStarIsBorn.png.338924746d1fafe3af72a58b7f3b22dd.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Quote all of those numbers you want - Flacco was bad.  That's all I said, and he was bad.  

I didn't request a recitation of his in game statistics.   If you watched Flacco's performance and came away thinking he was good I say good for you - it's surely your right.  Week 1 should excite you..   I just don't see it that way.  I watched him play, I saw his level of play and more importantly what he was lacking in desire - both of which are almost surely to decline.

Moreover, I didn't say Zach was better than him last year - I simply said I do believe he will be this year.  

You are free to have your feelings about Flacco vs. Wilson - but from what I've seen from Wilson's growth last year and his progress this off-season so far I believe he gives the Jets the better chance to win.  

It's not some revolutionary idea.  

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I getcha.

The point I was trying to make is we Fans should likely care alot less about "who" and care alot more about "what".

There is no reason to care who plays QB as long as that QB gives us the best chance to win the most games right now.

The Faustian bargain of "just suffer now, and it'll be paid off later" is fantasy. 

It's never, in my lifetime, ever paid off.  It just led to more losses.

So I want out of the cult of personality games.  I just want to see the the best QB who gives us the best chance to win play on Sunday, whomever that is.  

So instead of saying "I want to see Zach...", we should be saying "We want to see the Jets win".

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.c2b173600f4abb65f419706c92fecd52.png

Let's keep in mind that Flacco was dumped by the Ravens after 2018.  Then Denver brought him in for 1 year and he stunk there.  And, despite him going 0-5 with us, I think we're the only team in the NFL excited about having him be our starting QB (e.g. Saleh raving about him).

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Quote all of those numbers you want - Flacco was bad.  That's all I said, and he was bad.  

I didn't request a recitation of his in game statistics.   If you watched Flacco's performance and came away thinking he was good I say good for you - it's surely your right.  Week 1 should excite you..   I just don't see it that way.  I watched him play, I saw his level of play and more importantly what he was lacking in desire - both of which are almost surely to decline.

Moreover, I didn't say Zach was better than him last year - I simply said I do believe he will be this year.  

You are free to have your feelings about Flacco vs. Wilson - but from what I've seen from Wilson's growth last year and his progress this off-season so far I believe he gives the Jets the better chance to win.  

It's not some revolutionary idea.  

TLDR:  You cannot cite any objective or factual measure or metric to support a "Zach gives us a better chance to win" argument, outside of your feelings (which can best be described as "biased" to say the least), and "what you've seen", which amounts to some cherry picked Twitter posts,, and that horrid preseason game performance, because you haven't actually been to any practices yourself.

Let me ask you a direct question:  Would you rather go 6-11 with Zach this year, or 11-6 but Zach never plays a down.  What would you enjoy more?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Have we ever seen a football player win Super Bowl MVP, CBPOTY, and People's Magazine Sexiest Man of the Year, all in the same year?

Cuz we're about to.

What's TB12 got to do with this thread? 

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Let me ask you a direct question:  Would you rather go 6-11 with Zach this year, or 11-6 but Zach never plays a down.  What would you enjoy more?

I want to win the Super Bowl.  Remember when we went 10-6 with Ryan Fitzpatrick and then fell into the abyss for another half decade?  (and it's still continuing to this day).  I want Zach in there as much as possible this year.  If he's not the answer then I'd rather know sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Joe Flacco Super Bowl MVP is disheartening to say the least. We honestly don’t deserve him. 

If the newly acquired LT can provide adequate protection Flacco will be proving the whole cadre of JN expert QB talent evaluators wrong (who by the way are wrong at almost every turn) real quick. This guy has been starving for this moment for a few years now. Just watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I want to win the Super Bowl.

As do I.  It is all that matters*

*exception, not getting there by fielding murderers, rapists or dogkillers.  Some things are more important that football.

Remember when we went 10-6 with Ryan Fitzpatrick and then fell into the abyss for another half decade?  (and it's still continuing to this day).

I do.  And it was the most fun I've had as a fan since Rex and that D got us to two AFCCG's.

To be clear tho, Fitz and winning in 2015 is NOT why we've been "in the abyss" the later half of the 2010's and beyond.

It was a rare instance of the Jets doing something to win, instead of doing something to think about winning maybe sometime later, possibly.

I want Zach in there as much as possible this year.

Generally, I do as well.

If he gives us the best chance to win.

If he's not the answer then I'd rather know sooner than later.

If he doesn't give us the best chance to win, vs. Old Man Flacco and My Quite, then you already have your answer.

So my view, and your view, and not mutually exclusive.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To be clear tho, Fitz and winning in 2015 is NOT why we've been "in the abyss" the later half of the 2010's and beyond

True.  But I don't want Flacco masking any foundational issues that this team has.  If Zach stinks then let's get a top pick and replace him.  Flacco isn't the future here.  If we have a 2015 type season with Flacco, it could throw us off.  I know people are sick of losing and sick of hoping for a young QB to become a star but I don't see how else we're going to win it all.  We need to stink in the right year (when a FQB is available).  The Bengals did it with Burrow.

Hopefully, Zach is the guy.  But if he's not then I'm still all for trying to draft the next potential FQB.