The disrespect for

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't disagree that's it's no big deal, what I don't agree with it - it's jut a theme on this board with no factual backing.

I mean, go ahead and continue to say it - it's fine - good for you.

I'll just point out, once in a while, that it's just not true - unless of course it gets to a point where it is.

Facts.  Zach's in game performance including pre-season game 1 this year before injury has sucked.   There are former NFL QB's in theiir 60's who would be better than Zach in an actual NFL game right now.  

* past performance is not an indication of future returns.  Bloviating comes with risk to reputation. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

That’s a good one.  If he was hurt before that preseason game, I’ll give you that.  But he sucked.  

Are you serious with this? Honestly.

That the pre-season game in where he made one bad throw  shows that all of the progress from the end of last year and throughout camp this year is null and void because of a bad read?

Note - 2nd drive - 3 completions, 2 on 3rd downs (for first downs) and a nice run...zero incompletions before the injury.  (to be clear - this doesn't matte either - it's pre-season) 

It's fine to have that opinion, I think it's just a bizarre one.

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That the pre-season game in where he made one bad throw  shows that all of the progress from the end of last year and throughout camp this year is null and void because of a bad read?

Note - 2nd drive - 3 completions, 2 on 3rd downs (for first downs) and a nice run...zero incompletions before the injury.  (to be clear - this doesn't matte either - it's pre-season) 

2 very bad, 7th round rookie level throws. Not one. And speaking of the preseason as if it’s a vacuum is arguing in bad faith. Those were the exact same bad throws that we saw consistently last year, and they were exactly the throws that we were promised he’d developed out of over the offseason.

If you’re going to give credence to the 2 throws on 3rd down, then give the same credence to the horrible overthrow and int. Then, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. You’ll find it more amateur than Picasso.

This thread honestly does bring to bear this completely strange dark matter universe that encompasses so many here.

A place where not even light can escape. (Shameless Blackhole Movie Reference)

Joe Flacco has done nothing but exude professionalism since arriving here ... and he has a suoerbowl pedigree to boot.

I swear it's like Vecna what out a bunch of turds and they have all started to flail away at their keyboard angry that they have been given birth.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

With the news that Zach will be back soon, Flaccid starting a game or 2 is fine.  That is who he is now.  A spot starter who can keep the ship afloat for a few games.  You saw how it ended for him in Baltimore and Denver.  His #1 qb days are over.

Im still holding out hope that Zach will be ready for week 1.

40 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

2 very bad, 7th round rookie level throws. Not one. And speaking of the preseason as if it’s a vacuum is arguing in bad faith. Those were the exact same bad throws that we saw consistently last year, and they were exactly the throws that we were promised he’d developed out of over the offseason.

If you’re going to give credence to the 2 throws on 3rd down, then give the same credence to the horrible overthrow and int. Then, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. You’ll find it more amateur than Picasso.

I'm actually not giving credence - I'm suggesting it's pre-season and meaningless.  

and it was one bad decision.  The first incompletion was a throw away. You want to see negative, unfortunately the reality doesn't fit your narrative. 

One series is a pre-season game is 100% meaningless.  You want to make it more, again, good for you.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With the news that Zach will be back soon, Flaccid starting a game or 2 is fine.  That is who he is now.  A spot starter who can keep the ship afloat for a few games.  You saw how it ended for him in Baltimore and Denver.  His #1 qb days are over.

I'm hoping that today ends up being a lot less about Flacco and a lot more about Klecko.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He made 2 bad throws out of 5.  He was intercepted on one bad throw.   What was shocking is he looked very much like he did last year.   Overmatched and like he didn't belong.

Small sample size is all you got.  

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He made 2 bad throws out of 5.  He was intercepted on one bad throw.   What was shocking is he looked very much like he did last year.   Overmatched and like he didn't belong.

Small sample size is all you got.  

At this point he needs to reverse the opinions that are beginning to set and harden. He didn’t do that in his extremely limited action last week. However, it shouldn’t IMHO make anyone more pessimistic than they were before the game. It’s just not enough.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm actually not giving credence - I'm suggesting it's pre-season and meaningless.  

and it was one bad decision.  The first incompletion was a throw away. You want to see negative, unfortunately the reality doesn't fit your narrative. 

One series is a pre-season game is 100% meaningless.  You want to make it more, again, good for you.  

Talking about seeing what you want to fit your narrative is rich coming from you. You fell head over heels for the kid when he was still in the middle of his one good year at BYU and have spammed the board with your narrative since.

Again, it’s not one preseason game, and it’s not one throw. There’s a history of bad play from him both in college and in the pros. Despite all of last year and the continuation of that in the first preseason game, you’re clinging to the one good season he had in college when he was playing with one of the best and oldest OLs in D1 against exceptionally bad opponents. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Talking about seeing what you want to fit your narrative is rich coming from you. You fell head over heels for the kid when he was still in the middle of his one good year at BYU and have spammed the board with your narrative since.

Again, it’s not one preseason game, and it’s not one throw. There’s a history of bad play from him both in college and in the pros. Despite all of last year and the continuation of that in the first preseason game, you’re clinging to the one good season he had in college when he was playing with one of the best and oldest OLs in D1 against exceptionally bad opponents. 

This is incorrect. 

There's no "clinging" 

I saw a rookie QB struggle a lot early and watched him adapt, fix many of his flaws and evolve as a player.  I see a QB that put in a lot of work in the off-season and by all accounts has a greater command of the offense in pre-season than he did last year.

These are good things, far outweighing a bad read in a pre-season game.

You don't want to see it that way - it's fine.  Put me on ignore if you think I'm "spamming" a Jet fan forum with a positive view about the Jets young QB - you probably should.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have similar credibility as @Raideraholic at this point. So, you know, brick wall and all. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is incorrect. 

There's no "clinging" 

I saw a rookie QB struggle a lot early and watched him adapt, fix many of his flaws and evolve as a player.  I see a QB that put in a lot of work in the off-season and by all accounts has a greater command of the offense in pre-season than he did last year.

These are good things, far outweighing a bad read in a pre-season game.

You don't want to see it that way - it's fine.  Put me on ignore if you think I'm "spamming" a Jet fan forum with a positive view about the Jets young QB - you probably should.

I have no problem with being positive about the Jets. You having a positive view of the Jets young QB is great. What I take issue with is you trying to use the end of last season as an indicator that he's on the upward swing, and then actively dismissing his most recent play. Then you throw around BS about people being negative because they don't live in the make-believe realm that you've existed in since the first day you laid eyes on Zach.

I am hoping blindly that Zach becomes great. I would love nothing more to have him leading playoff runs for the next decade. I assure you of that. However, that is an entirely different thought flow from your pretense of being positive based on facts. 

Facts without any positive or negative spin: He was the worst starting QB in the league last year. His int numbers got better near the end of last year because LaFluer scaled back the offense dramatically which resulted in a slight bump in efficiency, but his production was still awful. He had a great offseason where we all thought we were going to get someone else. He came back and was the exact same Zach from the very first play: inaccurate, inconsistent, turnover prone, and injury prone. 

Appreciate your suggestion for putting you on ignore - I know you'd love nothing more than that. Unfortunately for you, I come here to discuss the Jets with everyone, you included.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I have no problem with being positive about the Jets. You having a positive view of the Jets young QB is great. What I take issue with is you trying to use the end of last season as an indicator that he's on the upward swing, and then literally his most recent play. Then you throw around BS about people being negative because they don't live in the make-believe realm that you've existed in since the first day you laid eyes on Zach.

I am hoping blindly that Zach becomes great. I would love nothing more to have him leading playoff runs for the next decade. I assure you of that. However, that is an entirely different thought flow from what your pretense of being positive based on facts. 

Facts without any positive or negative spin: He was the worst starting QB in the league last year. His int numbers got better near the end of last year because LaFluer scaled back the offense dramatically which resulted in a slight bump in efficiency, but his production was still awful. He had a great offseason where we all thought we were going to get someone else. He came back and was the exact same Zach from the very first play: inaccurate, inconsistent, turnover prone, and injury prone. 

Appreciate your suggestion for putting you on ignore - I know you'd love nothing more than that. Unfortunately for you, I come here to discuss the Jets with everyone, you included.

Much better :-) thanks for a rationale argument - enjoy this much better.

Look, I get it.  I totally get the frustration.  But...

I see those last five games differently than you do....

You see (and I can be reading this wrong, so tell me if I am) When Zach came back ML didn't have faith in Zach so heavily dialed back the offense, essentially to just get him through, knowing he wouldn't be particularly effective but won't be as ugly.  Basically just get through the season without any more damage?

I see it quite a bit differently..

What I saw was a QB that started to understand the way this offense was supposed to work (saw the success White had) work to simplify the way he was playing the game and took what was there for him.  Unfortunately, due to the injuries, taking what was there was often just check down.  

Ultimately what I'm saying is - a QB that recognized his major problems and made adjustments to fix them...That, to me, is a very good sign.  

As for the one bad read in the pre-season - I get people being upset about it, but I feel it's been completely overblown. 

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

But if he's not, I want Kirk Cousins (or one of his ilk) here in 2023 throwing for 4,300 yards and 35 TD's, and I'll happily let the chips fall where they may for a few seasons with that for a change.

I’ve had this one saved for a while and ready to deploy for just the right moment: 

image.thumb.jpeg.75162184dcba754898b3dac8269c386d.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’ve had this one saved for a while and ready to deploy for just the right moment: 

image.thumb.jpeg.75162184dcba754898b3dac8269c386d.jpeg

Maybe I'll be proven wrong on this but Kirk Cousins never felt to me like a QB who has what it takes to win a Super Bowl (or even a non-wildcard round playoff game).

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Lacks MOJO.  He would not get it up with Zach's moms best friend and he will never go to the SB as a starting QB. 

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe I'll be proven wrong on this but Kirk Cousins never felt to me like a QB who has what it takes to win a Super Bowl (or even a non-wildcard round playoff game).

Probably not.  But then again, I imagine there were people who felt this way about Matthew Stafford not too long ago.  

• Sympathy 1