Chad Pennington Rapping to Eminem "Lose Yourself"

TuscanyTile2

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

**** Favre.  He was a noodle arm too.  Wah wah wah,  I tore my bicep.  I am iron man.  I never miss a game.  Wah wah wah.  He beat two decent teams all season.  He sucked here.  He was a douche and his lasting legacy with Jets is more of sending pics to Jen Sterger than anything he did on the field. 

Reaction GIF

15 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Except he did - twice. In 2002 and 2006 - and then again in 2008.  

In the case of your response, I was referring to Miami Penny, but when Barry brought up pre injury Penny,  I said it was questionable. Didn't  recall we played GB back then. 

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In the case of your response, I was referring to Miami Penny, but when Barry brought up pre injury Penny,  I said it was questionable. Didn't  recall we played GB back then. 

Post injury Penny beat healthy Favre in 2006. So Penny beat him pre injury, post injury and post - Jets.  I'm not trying to argue with you.  The Favre trade was low point in Jets history IMO and I don't buy that he gave the Jets a better chance to win than Penny.  

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's hilarious that a Jets fan would view a QB who led his team to the playoffs 4 of 7 years (and the three years he missed he was injured) as a failure.

If only we could fail like that these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Post injury Penny beat healthy Favre in 2006. So Penny beat him pre injury, post injury and post - Jets.  I'm not trying to argue with you.  The Favre trade was low point in Jets history IMO and I don't buy that he gave the Jets a better chance to win than Penny.  

I think when the Jets moved on from Penny, it was time. Had nothing to do with Favre, it was just over for him here 

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's hilarious that a Jets fan would view a QB who led his team to the playoffs 4 of 7 years (and the three years he missed he was injured) as a failure.  He outplayed Favre in 2008 after the Jets threw him away like a piece of garbage.  

I’ve never understood the hatred for Pennington. The guy was a good player for us when healthy. His body broke down and he had a major physical limitation that prevented him from ever being an elite QB, but it’s not like he was Brooks Bollinger.

He’s also not one of these lazy bums who failed to live up to his physical potential - he arguably squeezed everything he could out of that right arm. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’ve never understood the hatred for Pennington. The guy was a good player for us when healthy. His body broke down and he had a major physical limitation that prevented him from ever being an elite QB, but it’s not like he was Brooks Bollinger.

He’s also not one of these lazy bums who failed to live up to his physical potential - he arguably squeezed everything he could out of that right arm. 

The hatred came from trying to explain to people that he was not good enough and that we had to go in a direction while posters were saying he was better than Brady.  That and all the money that he earned for getting hurt.  You don't think Brooks Bollinger was squeezing what he could out of limited talent?

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

The hatred came from trying to explain to people that he was not good enough and that we had to go in a direction while posters were saying he was better than Brady.  That and all the money that he earned for getting hurt.  You don't think Brooks Bollinger was squeezing what he could out of limited talent?

I probably shouldn’t have used Bollinger as an example, but to tbh, I think Bollinger actually  had more physical talent than Chad. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

lol favre was 2nd in mvp voting in 2002

What are you laughing at?  MVP voting doesn't change the fact that the Jets demolished the Packers in 2002.  If you don't think Pennington outplayed him that day you might want to check the stats.  The Packers scored 17 points and 7 were a TD pass from current Jags coach Doug Pederson.  Meanwhile the noodle threw for 200 yards and 4 TDs.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are you laughing at?  MVP voting doesn't change the fact that the Jets demolished the Packers in 2002.  If you don't think Pennington outplayed him that day you might want to check the stats.  The Packers scored 17 points and 7 were a TD pass from current Jags coach Doug Pederson.  Meanwhile the noodle threw for 200 yards and 4 TDs.

1 - qbs don't "play against" eachother. 

2 - one game doesn't make a season and favre has an mvp caliber year that year based on his 2nd place voting. that was basically penningtons best year and aftewards he proceeded to basically suck balls at football while favre had a hof career

• Post of the Week 1

I will never understand the hate for Pennington.

Injuries took away what would have been a franchise quarterback for us.

He didn’t restrain us with a long massive contract and dog it either. 

So the hate is weird and more a symptom of heartache lol.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

don't hate him at all. i really liked the guy. but the fact is that he kinda sucked. whatever excuse you want to give about getting injured is irrelevant. the fact is that he ended up sucking balls

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who cares that's not the point. The point is that Pennington was exactly who we thought he was and it was proven by the Ravens. Moving on from him was the right move. Before the shoulder injuries he was a guy - after, just didn't have it physically to go all the way in the NFL. Why is it so hard to admit that?

Favre of course the one season playing for the Jets was injured. A healthy Favre wipes the table with noodle arm and everyone knows it. Even you know it if you dig real deep and be honest with yourself.

I remember noodle arm wiping the floor with a healthy Farve in the 2002 playoffs, then wiping the floor with Manning right afterwards!  
then came the Raiders……. Gannon wasn’t going to be a mop that day….

But noodle did advance the  Fins to the playoffs, while we sat home with a broken armed Favre….  
isn’t it ironic, don’t cha think

Semper Fi 

7 minutes ago, fastmover said:

I remember noodle arm wiping the floor with a healthy Farve in the 2002 playoffs, then wiping the floor with Manning right afterwards!  
then came the Raiders……. Gannon wasn’t going to be a mop that day….

But noodle did advance the  Fins to the playoffs, while we sat home with a broken armed Favre….  
isn’t it ironic, don’t cha think

Semper Fi 

Pennington hadn't had any shoulder injury yet in 2002. I was at both of those games you mentioned and dreamed of Pennington being the next Montana.

40 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don't think Chad was ever going to be even close to a FQB, even if he remained perfectly healthy.  What he was in Miami in that playoff season was his ceiling.  He could win you some games but couldn't beat the better teams in the big games.  That Indy win was probably before the league figured out what he was.  The Raiders, Pats and Ravens stomped him.  He played decent in the SDG game but was below average in the PIT game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PennCh01/gamelog/post/

image.thumb.png.c8a5098d39c51470c7f20a10e73175e8.png

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

thank for you this.  Few things have stuck like watching Chad enter 8 mile mode.

Fact; whenever I need to piss at a public venue, I think about Chad's rapping routine. Never fails

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

thank for you this.  Few things have stuck like watching Chad enter 8 mile mode.

Fact; whenever I need to piss at a public venue, I think about Chad's rapping routine. Never fails

His teammates are laughing at him.

My favorite part of this thread is, although it spiraled out of control as we all expected, many seem to have forgotten that this came quite a bit later than that illustrious 2008 season on an offense designed to exclude the QB from plays.

Rather, this right here was Chad's spectacle years later, the moment it was announced he was going to get another crack at the starting job, after having been beat out for the job by the immortal Chad Henne that season.  This true class act of a hero then lasted a grand total of 2 plays into the subsequent game before his career came to crashing to an end.

So in other words you could perhaps say he had one shot, one opportunity... but just let it slip.