We Have Activated the Cutdown Day Live Desk

Sarge4Tide

1 minute ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

When is the second cut down? Is that to the 53 man roster? That’s where we will see some players we might be able to school up 

Next Tuesday (8/23) they cut another 5, then the following Tuesday (8/30) they have to get down to 53.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Cuts are in:

No big surprises

Mild surprises:

• Cutting Tim Ward over Brandon Anae  (Should be "Bradlee", sorry)
  • Cutting Davis right now after he showed some playmaking ability in Game 1 - I think he misplayed a punt return which may have hurt his case
  • Cutting Kelly over Chris Glaser at G.  Thought Kelly had an outside shot at the Practice Squad

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

No big surprises

Mild surprises:

• Cutting Tim Ward over Brandon Anae 
  • Cutting Davis right now after he showed some playmaking ability in Game 1 - I think he misplayed a punt return which may have hurt his case
  • Cutting Kelly over Chris Glaser at G.  Thought Kelly had an outside shot at the Practice Squad

Yeah, Davis sealed his fate with his mishandling of at least 2 punt returns, IMO.

Anae showed some juice off the edge on Friday, I thought. Still a real long shot to stick though.

Glad Isaiah Williams sticks around for now - I like the way he plays, and his enthusiasm.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

No big surprises

Mild surprises:

• Cutting Tim Ward over Brandon Anae 

one word.....BAM

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Surprised the put Becton on IR before his surgery officially rules him out, but it was always coming.

I think they can recall players from IR after 4 games now, so there really isn't much risk.  Unless you thought he'd be playing before week 4. 

I am kind of surprised about Ward.  I know that they have a bunch of interesting names at DE, but Ward is a physical freak they snapped up off waivers from the Chiefs.  Long and raw - he was thought to be either untapped potential or looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.  Is that too sexist for 2022?  WGAF?  He seemed solid and a nice fit.  I thought he might look better with an offseason with the club.  That makes two DEs with some hope already gone - Hamilcar Rashed Jr. now with the Steelers and Ward.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, PorP said:

1 week from today is 80 man right? 

And then in about 2.5 weeks is 53 man? 

Yes, I will go ahead and predict the next 5 to go

1. Loser of the PK Battle 
  2. Irvin Charles or Tarik Black
  3. Chris Glaser, G
  4.  Bradlee Anae, DE 
  5. Tony Adams, S

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think they can recall players from IR after 4 games now, so there really isn't much risk.  

If you place a guy on IR before the cut to 53, he's out for the year by rule.

Guys placed on IR after the cut to 53 can be eligible for return.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Yes, I will go ahead and predict the next 5 to go

1. Loser of the PK Battle 
  2. Irvin Charles or Tarik Black
  3. Chris Glaser, G
  4.  Bradlee Anae, DE 
  5. Tony Adams, S

Did you predict today's cuts and I missed it? I saw the 53 man thread and this thread but not a prediction for today. 

If so, how did you fare? 

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

Did you predict today's cuts and I missed it? I saw the 53 man thread and this thread but not a prediction for today. 

If so, how did you fare? 

I got Becton to IR and Barcoo

I think my other 3 were Anae at DE, Adams at S, and Pinero at PK...maybe had Glaser in there

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Fatty McButterpants still hasn't gone under the knife??

Next week, I think. Not sure why it was delayed, unless it's to let swelling go down or something like that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Next week, I think. Not sure why it was delayed, unless it's to let swelling go down or something like that.

That guy delayed his last injury follow up too. I wish he had a larger sense of urgency. 

edit: only swelling he suffers from is from all the lifting he does. Fork to face.

27 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

If you place a guy on IR before the cut to 53, he's out for the year by rule.

Guys placed on IR after the cut to 53 can be eligible for return.

That is what I was trying to figure.  I thought those guys had to clear waivers, but the blurb on the rule change I saw did not mention that it was only after final cut down.  Thanks.