Zach's surgery is a success

thshadow

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I just want an answer on him this year. That’s all I ask.

I'd think we need something like 12 - 14 games to get an honest assessment.  Given the reported timeline for recovery that doesn't seem to be a problem.  He might be back as soon as Week 3 or 4.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

He is injury prone, but they are only little injuries!

Part of the evaluation should be his ability to stay healthy once he gets back on the field.  Whether he comes back week 3, 4 or 5 matters less to me than if he plays the rest of the season once he gets back.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The idea of going into his third year with questions still remaining if we can build around him or not gives me diarrhea.

The only way I'd be okay with that is if they bring in a vet like Jimmy G and maybe hedge their bet with a QB drafted in the mid-latter rounds. No way I just hand Zach the starting job next year.

I'd really prefer if we know whether to move on or not from him by the end of this year. 

Do you realize how nonsensical rgis post is? We will likely have at least 16 games with Zach at QB, yet you assume he will be bad and not have enough info. FFS

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The idea of going into his third year with questions still remaining if we can build around him or not gives me diarrhea.

The only way I'd be okay with that is if they bring in a vet like Jimmy G and maybe hedge their bet with a QB drafted in the mid-latter rounds. No way I just hand Zach the starting job next year.

I'd really prefer if we know whether to move on or not from him by the end of this year. 

He will be here 4 years minimum☹️

4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Kinda embarrassing but I was a little nervous about this all day

That makes 2 of us.  Relieved its best case scenario. 

Know that his knee is cleaned up, he just needs to clear up the decision making and leading the D with his eyes. 

• Upvote 1

Great news!  Wow was I wrong on this.  You dont see many non-contact injuries where the knee buckles like that have this little damage.  Well, I am glad I learned something here.

Thanks to all for pointing out how wrong I was.  I will defer to you on diagnosing injuries moving forward.

Hopefully, Zach can use this as another learning experience and improve like he did when he missed time last year.

We are back Jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1