Zach's surgery is a success

thshadow

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Do you realize how nonsensical rgis post is? We will likely have at least 16 games with Zach at QB, yet you assume he will be bad and not have enough info. FFS

Um...

My post was in response to a suggestion to redshirt him this year, dum dum.

Now who's being nonsensical. 

1 minute ago, Alka said:

What if Joe Flacco lights it up and gets us a nice win in week #1?  Does Wilson still start week #2?

Wouldn't that be a nice thing to have to worry about.

I'd say if Flacco wins Week 1, and Zach is 100% by Week 2, Zach almost assuredly gets the call.

If Flacco is 3-0 because Zach takes longer to get to 100%, then I'd say it's much less a sure thing call.

This is the Jets, so we almost assuredly would still go back to Zach and then drop the next 5, lol, because same old Jets, but aye.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Wouldn't that be a nice thing to have to worry about.

I'd say if Flacco wins Week 1, and Zach is 100% by Week 2, Zach almost assuredly gets the call.

If Flacco is 3-0 because Zach takes longer to get to 100%, then I'd say it's much less a sure thing call.

This is the Jets, so we almost assuredly would still go back to Zach and then drop the next 5, lol, because same old Jets, but aye.  

I think you're right.  Zach will start in week #2, even if Flacco throws for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns, as long as Zach is 100%.  

I would on the other hand start Flacco in week #2 if that were the case, but hey, what do I know?

8 minutes ago, Alka said:

What if Joe Flacco lights it up and gets us a nice win in week #1?  Does Wilson still start week #2?

Yes, I think he does.

Two reasons:

1) The Jets as a whole are committed to developing Zach Wilson - and that is the single biggest priority of the entire organization.  Getting him reps is still their priority

2) I also believe Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh believe Zach Wilson gives them the best chance to win right now.  Surely if they had a Jimmy G type that would be different - but the 37 year old version of Flacco isn't that.

17 minutes ago, Alka said:

I think you're right.  Zach will start in week #2, even if Flacco throws for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns, as long as Zach is 100%.  

I would on the other hand start Flacco in week #2 if that were the case, but hey, what do I know?

By posting on this board? 75% chance you know more than the Jets.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

aren't you the guy who was laughing at ZW going to Cali instead of using the Jets team doctors because of how bad they were?

I was, in part, though not in part about the Jets' medical staff. If all he had was a torn meniscus, there was no point to flying cross country to do such surgery. Appears though based of Adam Schecter's tweet of yesterday, there was concern there may have been more of an injury. No matter; there are plenty of great and elite orthopedic surgeons not affiliated with the Jets' medical staff in and near NYC  who would have been as good as the Dodgers/Rams doctor. He could have instead also taken an hour's flight to Boston, same thing. There are in fact so many on the East Coast that getting a 2nd opinion from such a doctor would have been easy too. Stand by the point that flying cross country to do such a surgery was in fact silly. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

I don't.  The kid is an INT machine/Short throwin'/mush.   Bring in Jimmy GQ.

We have to know what he is with a reasonable degree of certainty at the end of this season. It’s probably the most important KPI this year.

• Upvote 2

Guys, you are missing the greatness of this regime.
Last year, Zach started poorly, got injured, and came back a much better player.
Why suffer through a few weeks of bad QB play?  Get the injury over with now, so he can come back Week2 as the new/improved version.
image.png.9cca00eff47f535a4d76dd342e3bc407.png

Especially after Flacco plays his former team and shows everyone why they moved on….

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app