Jump to content

MAHOMES = 👀


RJIII
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pretty impressive regardless of your NFL fandom.. :box:

 31 teams in the NFL Mahomes has beaten in the regular season/postseason in his career.

He started one game in 2017 vs. the Broncos (W). So essentially he's played 4 full seasons.

He's yet to defeat the following 3 teams:
-- Minnesota-- The only time the Chiefs have played the Vikes in his career, he missed the game due to injury.
-- Rams-- Lost a MNF thiller (54-51) to Goff and the Rams in 2018.
-- Seahawks-- Lost 38-31 in 2018 to Seattle.

He has both LAR and SEA on the 2022 schedule with chances to make it 30/31 to date.

He's defeated the Broncos 9 times in his career. 9 for 9 so far.
He's defeated the Raiders 7 times in his career. 7 for 8 so far.
He's defeated the Chargers 5 times in his career. 5 for 7 so far.

3 career wins against: Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh
2 career wins against: New England, Houston, Jacksonville, San Francisco (SB Win)
1 career win against: Miami, NYJ, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, NYG, Washington, Dallas, Philly, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona

He's started 74 career games, winning 58 of them.

The 16 losses stack up as: Patriots (x2), Chargers (x2), Tennessee (x2), Cincinnati (x2), Indianapolis, Buffalo, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Las Vegas, Houston, Rams and Seahawks.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

no doubt mahomes is a great qb but he's only won the sb once in two tries.  let's see him lead his team to 3+ wins before really putting him on a pedestal.  sure it has to do with the team around him and the coaches but guys like brady, montana, and even favre were able to win with their next teams.  let's see how watson does once he finally gets to play for the browns.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RJIII said:

Pretty impressive regardless of your NFL fandom.. :box:

 31 teams in the NFL Mahomes has beaten in the regular season/postseason in his career.

He started one game in 2017 vs. the Broncos (W). So essentially he's played 4 full seasons.

He's yet to defeat the following 3 teams:
-- Minnesota-- The only time the Chiefs have played the Vikes in his career, he missed the game due to injury.
-- Rams-- Lost a MNF thiller (54-51) to Goff and the Rams in 2018.
-- Seahawks-- Lost 38-31 in 2018 to Seattle.

He has both LAR and SEA on the 2022 schedule with chances to make it 30/31 to date.

He's defeated the Broncos 9 times in his career. 9 for 9 so far.
He's defeated the Raiders 7 times in his career. 7 for 8 so far.
He's defeated the Chargers 5 times in his career. 5 for 7 so far.

3 career wins against: Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh
2 career wins against: New England, Houston, Jacksonville, San Francisco (SB Win)
1 career win against: Miami, NYJ, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, NYG, Washington, Dallas, Philly, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona

He's started 74 career games, winning 58 of them.

The 16 losses stack up as: Patriots (x2), Chargers (x2), Tennessee (x2), Cincinnati (x2), Indianapolis, Buffalo, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Las Vegas, Houston, Rams and Seahawks.

We got a preview of Mahomes as a Jet. It was the SB loss to TB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RJIII said:

Pretty impressive regardless of your NFL fandom.. :box:

 31 teams in the NFL Mahomes has beaten in the regular season/postseason in his career.

He started one game in 2017 vs. the Broncos (W). So essentially he's played 4 full seasons.

He's yet to defeat the following 3 teams:
-- Minnesota-- The only time the Chiefs have played the Vikes in his career, he missed the game due to injury.
-- Rams-- Lost a MNF thiller (54-51) to Goff and the Rams in 2018.
-- Seahawks-- Lost 38-31 in 2018 to Seattle.

He has both LAR and SEA on the 2022 schedule with chances to make it 30/31 to date.

He's defeated the Broncos 9 times in his career. 9 for 9 so far.
He's defeated the Raiders 7 times in his career. 7 for 8 so far.
He's defeated the Chargers 5 times in his career. 5 for 7 so far.

3 career wins against: Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh
2 career wins against: New England, Houston, Jacksonville, San Francisco (SB Win)
1 career win against: Miami, NYJ, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, NYG, Washington, Dallas, Philly, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona

He's started 74 career games, winning 58 of them.

The 16 losses stack up as: Patriots (x2), Chargers (x2), Tennessee (x2), Cincinnati (x2), Indianapolis, Buffalo, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Las Vegas, Houston, Rams and Seahawks.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's a future HOF'er who went into a near-perfect situation for him, with a brilliant Offensive-minded Head Coach and a well-supported roster of Offensive talent.

That speaks to our situation, insofar as the Jets DO appear to be building (or trying to build) the well-supported roster of Offensive talent around Zach.  LaFluer isn't a horrible Offensive Coach, albeit Saleh does not strike me as being on the Walrus's level as a HC.

Hopefully, after Zach returns and plays, he can show some of the growth we've been hoping for.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It's the truth.

No, it's really not.  1) Because it's unprovable; 2) Because why even scout QB's so heavily if a QB is always limited by his circumstances?  And 3) Because its illogical; lots of really good QB's have been drafted by really bad teams over the years and still ended up good/great.  Why?  Because a QB's brain, DNA, internal skills and traits can't be "ruined".  If he's the goods, he's the goods.  

Would Mahomes have won a SB, an MVP, or had a 50+ TD season here?  Nah.  But he'd still be a top 5 QB.  A really good QB on a bad team can still be good, the good team simply elevates him a level or 2 up.  Just look at Matthew Stafford.  An excellent, long career with the friggin Lions.  Moving to the Rams just got him "over the hump" when it came to postseason success.  

Anyone who thinks Mahomes wouldn't have been a great QB anywhere he landed is just trying to make himself feel better about the Jets passing on what ended up being a legitimately generational type of talent.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, it's really not.  1) Because it's unprovable; 2) Because why even scout QB's so heavily if a QB is always limited by his circumstances?  And 3) Because its illogical; lots of really good QB's have been drafted by really good teams over the years and still ended up good/great.  Why?  Because a QB's brain, DNA, internal skills and traits can't be "ruined".  If he's the goods, he's the goods.  

Would Mahomes have won a SB, an MVP, or had a 50+ TD season here?  Nah.  But he'd still be a top 5 QB.  A really good QB on a bad team can still be good, the good team simply elevates him a level or 2 up.  Just look at Matthew Stafford.  An excellent, long career with the friggin Lions.  Moving to the Rams just got him "over the hump" when it came to postseason success.  

Anyone who thinks Mahomes wouldn't have been a great QB anywhere he landed is just trying to make himself feel better about the Jets passing on what ended up being a legitimately generational type of talent.  

These arguments are equally unproven in each direction. Your premise that he would be a top 5 QB here or anywhere, not sitting a year and being developed by Reid with great talent around him is every bit as unprovable as someone saying he would have been ruined. I am not of the mindset that he would have been ruined here, but just pointing out both sides of this argument are equally unprovable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

"Jets would have ruined Mahommes" is the mating call of the Sam Darnold Believer.

A salve for the suck. We all need our emotional defense mechanisms rooting for this team. Mine is to legitimately expect epic, humiliating failure so that anything other than that is an upside surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

A salve for the suck. We all need our emotional defense mechanisms rooting for this team. Mine is to legitimately expect epic, humiliating failure so that anything other than that is an upside surprise.

Stay off my beat, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I see you don't believe in Marino  ? Did you watch him play ?

Someone missed the joke.

Interesting how you think Marino was a good QB the Jets missed out on but Mahomes, not so much, given your belief he was “ruinable” as a Jet.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't remember the last time we had a starting QB that didn't make me feel frustrated at them hesitating and not just throwing the damn ball. Kidding. It was Favre. But he doesn't count. So I guess it was Brad Smith. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Someone missed the joke.

Interesting how you think Marino was a good QB the Jets missed out on but Mahomes, not so much, given your belief he was “ruinable” as a Jet.

It’s just analgesic self-care to say nothing matters, we would’ve sucked even if we drafted the best QB in the NFL, therefore we haven’t missed out on anything good anyway.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Facts said:

Mahomes is great but Reid is who makes him a superstar.

Reid made Alex Smith into a perennial pro bowler for goodness sake.

If the Jets had hired Reid he would be coaching high school now. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Someone missed the joke.

Interesting how you think Marino was a good QB the Jets missed out on but Mahomes, not so much, given your belief he was “ruinable” as a Jet.

fair .. totally missed it.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...