Is it Just Us?

It just seems that something always happens to our qb's so early... Geno gets knocked out in preaseason (in the lockeroom), Sam gets mono after the first game, Sanchez gets injured in Snoopy bowl, now Zach... the fact that these qb's stink is not the issue. I'm just wondering if this stuff only happens to us.

5 hours ago, roscoeword said:

It just seems that something always happens to our qb's so early... Geno gets knocked out in preaseason (in the lockeroom), Sam gets mono after the first game, Sanchez gets injured in Snoopy bowl, now Zach... the fact that these qb's stink is not the issue. I'm just wondering if this stuff only happens to us.

Even Chad got injured in the Snoopy bowl!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dont forget Chad and Vinny.  Vinny getting taken out by Jimmy Hoffa week 1 vs the Pats in 99 was devestating.  We were the best team in the league and the Super Bowl favorites that year.

I actually think the Vinny injury may have saved us from witnessing something even more devastating -  the inevitable regression to the mean that was bound to happen with Vinny in 99. Vinny was always an interception machine, and as great as 98 was, I think the flurry of picks was always going to return.

and sure enough, in his next full season (2000), he threw 25 of them, including 3 terrible ones (including a game-changing pick six) to help seal our fate on Christmas Eve in Baltimore. 

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Once you accept that we’re cursed, the meaning of life becomes clearer to you.

I’m not superstitious in any way - don’t believe in God, ghosts, demons, or curses. None of it.

But the Jets have certainly challenged my lack of faith. It does sometimes feel like there is a supernatural force working against the green and white. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not giving up on ZW yet, but it's strange how this position has been a mine field for us.  It's not like we've had the same scouts and GM's over the years making these picks.  Other teams have had multiple franchise QB's and we can't seem to develop one since Namath.  Fans can argue over whether Ken O'Brien was...cement shoes and all.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I actually think the Vinny injury may have saved us from witnessing something even more devastating -  the inevitable regression to the mean that was bound to happen with Vinny in 99. Vinny was always an interception machine, and as great as 98 was, I think the flurry of picks was always going to return.

and sure enough, in his next full season (2000), he threw 25 of them, including 3 terrible ones (including a game-changing pick six) to help seal our fate on Christmas Eve in Baltimore. 

No way.  He was running the same offense with the same players and the same coaches.  He would of had a better season then he had in 98.

The 2000 regression was because they were running a new offense with a new OC, no more keyshawn and back then, an achilles was a devestating injury.  You didnt come back the same from that injury.  See dan marino.

It is outstanding how snake-bit this franchise is ... what other team could suffer the butt fumble on national TV broadcast during Thanksgiving against the arch nemesis of the NFL ?

Then picks like Blair Thomas, Vernon Gholston, Browning Nagle ....show up.

The debacle that was the Rex Ryan era.

Been a fan forever ... my essence is being slowly drained.

essence-drain.gif

Edited by Dunnie