Lawrence v Our Guy?

jgb

Based on what I know now, I prefer…  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/13/2023 at 03:12 PM

Remember all these arm chair QBs before the draft 2 years ago : “fEiLdS cAnT pRoCeSs iNFo fAsT”. 

the irony of Zach being the slowest processor out of the bunch 

@FidelioJet what happened you was one of the loudest tearing Justin down for his “processing skills”, Zach is the worst in the league, explain this 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So every time Joe W. posts now, I think of this…

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Whenever I see he posted in a thread, I be like

EC9465D3-9B14-4B5A-8BF4-E56DB68A474E.gif.0bfff9e5208f1eeaf8f353b915d12f50.gif

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

You are trying to drive me back to the dark side aren't you? It's working :(

We’ll keep the water warm for ya.

70759788-A0AF-418F-9C25-13BA1E70BED1.jpeg.24f36b33353be781bf71c89e9e72a00e.jpeg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

why doesn't anyone talk about the browns game we won?

Because I think if we lost the Rams game we would have lost to the Browns as well.  Instead we gained a little confidence and sprinkled in some creative play-calling as a result of winning the previous week.  But who knows?

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If your a fan we have like a multiple page thread of that someplace in the mafia forum. Well kind of, @CTM kept trying to screw and kill the same person and marry a mid 90’s mix tape he made himself naked at a Phish concert while being drench under a waterfall of multi colored urine streams. I know, me either. 

Screw @T0mShane

Marry @Jetsfan80

Kill…

Star Trek No No No GIF by arielle-m

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Remember all these arm chair QBs before the draft 2 years ago : “fEiLdS cAnT pRoCeSs iNFo fAsT”. 

@FidelioJet what happened you was one of the loudest tearing Justin down for his “processing skills”, Zach is the worst in the league, explain this 

Nope, never once mentioned Fields processing skills.  I like Fields and would have been fine with that being the choice.  I liked Zach better but always liked Fields too.  You find it - in a single place - where I even said anything negative about either Fields or Lawrence.  I just always liked Zach's upside the most.  I've seen nothing to change that view either.

You guys are in your glory and I love it, from one bad pass.  

Honestly, I really feel bad for many of you.  I have to truly be honest about that.  Guys practicing well for two weeks and it's crickets around here - one bad throw and it's like Christmas.

"Slowest Processor in the bunch" I don't even know what that means - but just throw things out there.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nope, never once mentioned Fields processing skills.  I like Fields and would have been fine with that being the choice.  I liked Zach better but always liked Fields too.  You find it - in a single place - where I even said anything negative about either Fields or Lawrence.  I just always liked Zach's upside the most.  I've seen nothing to change that view either.

You guys are in your glory and I love it, from one bad pass.  

Honestly, I really feel bad for many of you.  I have to truly be honest about that.  Guys practicing well for two weeks and it's crickets around here - one bad throw and it's like Christmas.

"Slowest Processor in the bunch" I don't even know what that means - but just throw things out there.

Yes we know, this is the time to backtrack. Its cool though, I really don’t expect most to say yeah I was wrong on that one. And yes every time the thought of taking Justin was bought up you was fighting.

I remember sorry can’t hide 

46 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Wilson had a crappy first season and is already building up an injury history. That said, y'all are way to fast to throw the dude on the garbage heap. Is there some sort of monetary prize I'm not aware of to be the first one to claim a Jets draft pick is a bust?

QB's need to be developed. Let's see what year 2 brings. 

foh

Wilson should have, and still should, develop on the bench.  If he plays similar to last year early this season, he cannot be kept in.  The rest of the players on this team should not be held captive by dysfunctional QB play, otherwise we will start believing our draft picks/FA signings are worse than they actually are (defense included) - that’s when rebuild #47 begins.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Yes we know, this is the time to backtrack. Its cool though, I really don’t expect most to say yeah I was wrong on that one. And yes every time the thought of taking Justin was bought up you was fighting.

I remember sorry can’t hide 

You know- you're making a claim - prove that claim.

I'm not here defaming you.  You made a claim about me, that I know to be 100% false.- I can assure you it's not true.  

I have nothing from which to back track and I actually like this place mostly. 

This I find appalling.  If you're going to say I said something - then prove it.  It's all here, I don't delete things.  

Otherwise please keep me out of your comments.  

39 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

why doesn't anyone talk about the browns game we won?

Because Jacksonville had the tiebreaker over us - once we beat the Rans, we lost control over our destiny. Had we subsequently lost to the Browns the following week, we still would have been picking 2nd. 

• Upvote 4

Zach keeps repeating the same mistakes and both his knee injuries were from shall we say less than violent events. Once the public and media sees what a QB with experience and touch can do with LaFluers offense, and then Zach mucks it up, the novelty of the off platform throw with both feet off the ground will disappear. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Based on what?  Because you wanted Fields?  It’s kind of like all of those who cried about small school competition but OSU v BYU meant nothing, Wilson was better than Fields

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"The March for Arch!"

"The Golden Arch!"

And let the Manning family complete the hat trick of screwing over the Jets?

edit: actually it would be the fourth time they screwed us. Peyton stays in school, Tanny gets caught flirting with Peyton and makes it up to Sanchez with an absurd extension, Peyton endorses Gase. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You know- you're making a claim - prove that claim.

I'm not here defaming you.  You made a claim about me, that I know to be 100% false.- I can assure you it's not true.  

I have nothing from which to back track and I actually like this place mostly. 

This I find appalling.  If you're going to say I said something - then prove it.  It's all here, I don't delete things.  

Otherwise please keep me out of your comments.  

The last thing I will do is go through old post, I’m sorry you find me saying you trashed Fields before the draft appalling, I hope you are okay over there brother 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The last thing I will do is go through old post, I’m sorry you find me saying you trashed Fields before the draft appalling, I hope you are okay over there brother 

I wavered between Fields/Mac as my #2 rated QB from the 2021 class. Right before the draft I settled on Mac.

Our guy… yeah… I very nearly Rosened him with an “undraftable” label as I did to Rosen before that draft, but honestly I was worried about getting banned since the whole universe knew the Jets were gonna draft him.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

I wavered between Fields/Mac as my #2 rated QB from the 2021 class. Right before the draft I settled on Mac.

Our guy… yeah… I very nearly Rosened him with an “undraftable” label as I did to Rosen before that draft, but honestly I was worried about getting banned.

I know what you mean, when something is considered a “happy” jet moment or a player is crowned as the next great by jet fans, you really have to walk lightly.

And it’s not just this place it’s YouTube, Twitter, Reddit  etc 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I know what you mean, when something is considered a “happy” jet moment or a player is crowned as the next great by jet fans, you really have to walk lightly.

And it’s not just this place it’s YouTube, Twitter, Reddit  etc 

It’s society, bro.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No.  Excuse me. 

You make a claim that I said something I didn't.  I told you you were wrong and then you called me a liar.  I am offended by that yes.

If you're going to accuse someone of something - and are unwilling to do the work to prove then you should simply shut up and apologize.  That is all.

Still mostly comes down to how you viewed the QBs at the time of the draft.

At the time of the draft, I would have drafted Wilson number 1 overall. Lawrence was a close 2nd. Today, I believe Wilson’s upside is still higher but Lawrence’s floor is much higher. I don't feel confident Wilson will reach his potential. Lawrence has shown more poise.

Today, I would draft Lawrence number 1 overall with Wilson a close 2nd. Jones a close 3rd behind Wilson. Fields a close 4th behind Jones.

This year, will separate them. I don't know what to make of Lance. I didn't have an opinion of him before and still dont. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

Our guy… yeah… I very nearly Rosened him with an “undraftable” label as I did to Rosen before that draft, but honestly I was worried about getting banned since the whole universe knew the Jets were gonna draft him.

Wait… you don’t like Zach?  Really?  I had no idea.   You hope he succeeds so much that I couldn’t tell.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Still mostly comes down to how you viewed the QBs at the time of the draft.

At the time of the draft, I would have drafted Wilson number 1 overall. Lawrence was a close 2nd. Today, I believe Wilson’s upside is still higher but Lawrence’s floor is much higher. I don't feel confident Wilson will reach his potential. Lawrence has shown more poise.

Today, I would draft Lawrence number 1 overall with Wilson a close 2nd. Jones a close 3rd behind Wilson.

Lance is still a complete wild card.  It’s weird to have a QB who is so gifted but completely inexperienced.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Lance is still a complete wild card.  It’s weird to have a QB who is so gifted but completely inexperienced.  

Yup. I have no idea what to think of him. He could be the best of the bunch. I liked the other 4 first QBs at the time. Still do.

• Upvote 1

When comparing the 5 or 6 QBs that came out last year, we saw the most of ZW. And I think we all saw him grow from being really bad pre-injury, to sitting and watching 4 games then coming back and looking somewhat better. At least his decision making was better in that he was the only QB along with Rogers who played the last 4 games without throwing a single int. Zack's yards per attempt and all that weren't great, but his decision making seemed to have improved, or possibly LeFleur's play calling improved. Probably both.

Then there was his best game against the Brady led Bucks. Again, not a huge game statistically but tons of brilliant throws that even the Bucs players have said were amazing. Our new Bucs Safety Whitehead said one of Zacks throws was amongst the best he's ever seen...dropping the ball in perfectly behind the LBers and in front of the Safety (him) deep. A beautiful arching deep ball that came down in the only place it could.

Enough on Zack. Has anyone here watched the other QBs last year, and if so have you seen 'growth'? Or at least one amazing game to give their fans hope? They probably had a great throw here and there or even a great game or two, but I just don't know so it's hard for me to compare all of them outside of just looking at stats.

What concerns me most about ZW is he seems to be frail. I think back to some of the crushing sacks Sam took and I think 'no way Zack survives that'.

There's actually a lot more about ZW that concerns me (coming out of college) but I'll save all that for another thread. Hopefully Zack comes back and set sh*t on fire so I can leave all those doubts in the dust.

52 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Please stop this nonsense 

Field hasn’t shown he can find a secondary receiver and somehow you have your guy more capable, quicker.  You have factual or you’re just blowing air into the conversation because you wanted Fields  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Field hasn’t shown he can find a secondary receiver and somehow you have your guy more capable, quicker.  You have factual or you’re just blowing air into the conversation because you wanted Fields  

1. I wanted the best available QB, idc who it was stop placing me on team Fields, TY

2. Im not arguing with you about the leagues worst QB , respectfully dude wtf are you typing rn ??