3rd worst record in the NFL

JETSY14

Vegas has us a the clear cut winner for the 3rd worst record this year. 

How is this possible?  We have a superbowl champion at the helm until our future rising star QB comes back.  We have young talent all over the field.  Another top three pick in our future...2023/2024 is going to be our year

3 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

How is this possible?  We have a superbowl champion at the helm until our future rising star QB comes back.  We have young talent all over the field.  Another top three pick in our future...2023/2024 is going to be our year

Did Joe W Namath change his alias? 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Defense is suspect 

4 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

If it has not happened already - i see therapy in your future.

It's ok - many of us have already been there. 

• Upvote 1

maybe the SB champ 2-3 games that he starts Vegas thinks thats where most of our wins will come from. and Zachs preseason game didnt give Vegas any reason to think he would be better this year.

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I have a hard time seeing this, personally.  Houston, Jax, Detroit, ATL, Chicago, Seattle, NYG, Wash are all pretty terrible and I do think with the running game and the defense the Jets will have this year, they're going to win more games than people think.

We all know that the NYG will become a good team before the Jets do.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Defense is suspect 

Defense is suspect because you havent seen it full strength, there really isnt any reason for it not be much much much better this year.  The sum of its parts, should work very well.  Sauce, Reed, Whitehead, healthy Joyner w/ all the 2nd year players who were getting quality reps and playing well last year, I think people are selling them short, that is such a significant upgrade over last years secondary, it's laughable.  I said going into last season, the D, specifically the secondary, was so talentless, it had the making of historically bad unit.  This year is a much different.  It's a veteran led unit, that is night and day better on paper.  They're very deep on the Dline and Mosley/Alexander are the most formidable LB'ers the Jets have had since Harris/Scott.

It's okay to believe and have a little hope this year, there is good reason for it and I expect this D to surprise a lot of people.  They're going to be good, potentially really good.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Vegas is about accuracy for profit purposes, whatever maximizes their take. 

They're not about fandom or homerism or even true accuracy. 

Only accuracy in terms of maximizing gambling revenue.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I have a hard time seeing this, personally.  Houston, Jax, Detroit, ATL, Chicago, Seattle, NYG, Wash are all pretty terrible and I do think with the running game and the defense the Jets will have this year, they're going to win more games than people think.

I'm with you. I expect our running game to be fantastic this year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

its because of Zach. if Flacco or White were our starters all year they would predict more wins.

hell Zack was the only 2021 QB to throw an INT this weekend. even Sam frigging Darnold didnt throw one. and it was a bad INT. i can see why people outside this board have no confidence he can lead us to more wins. i really hope he can get it together.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Very fair assessment - unfortunately one thing I have learned the hard way time and time again is Vegas usually (not always) knows what they are talking about.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

its because of Zach. if Flacco or White were our starters all year they would predict more wins.

hell Zack was the only 2021 QB to throw an INT this weekend. even Sam frigging Darnold didnt throw one. and it was a bad INT. i can see why people outside this board have no confidence he can lead us to more wins. i really hope he can get it together.

Hogwash!!

A fraction of this MB and Saleh are the only ones who think Flacco and White are NFL starters. 

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Defense is suspect because you havent seen it full strength, there really isnt any reason for it not be much much much better this year.  The sum of its parts, should work very well.  Sauce, Reed, Whitehead, healthy Joyner w/ all the 2nd year players who were getting quality reps and playing well last year, I think people are selling them short, that is such a significant upgrade over last years secondary, it's laughable.  I said going into last season, the D, specifically the secondary, was so talentless, it had the making of historically bad unit.  This year is a much different.  It's a veteran led unit, that is night and day better on paper.  They're very deep on the Dline and Mosley/Alexander are the most formidable LB'ers the Jets have had since Harris/Scott.

It's okay to believe and have a little hope this year, there is good reason for it and I expect this D to surprise a lot of people.  They're going to be good, potentially really good.

Hawt*^^

24 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Oh yeah?   Thx Nostradamus

3 minutes ago, Jolot said:

It’s because the entire league , and everyone associated with it thinks Zach is trash . 

That is also hogwash!!

Very rarely does anyone talk about Wilson as a bust.  It's usually the opposite or someone's on the fence about him. 

There are less than a handful of people who think Wilson is a bust. 2 i can think of.  10 times that who think he is not and don't know if he leaps this year or next. 

How do you guys like spreading disinformation so much. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

I get that, totally.  That said, I think the reason the Jets win more games than expected this year are because of the running game and D, and not so much Zach Wilson.  IMO, Zach was more of the wild card that took the Jets from 6 wins to 9 wins, etc.  But I think the Jets mostly win games this because they're going to be able to control the clock and get off the field.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Very fair assessment - unfortunately one thing I have learned the hard way time and time again is Vegas usually (not always) knows what they are talking about.

No doubt and I dont know if it's changed but Vegas had the Jets at 6.5 wins at some point this offseason, which I think is fair.  I see 6/7 wins, 8/9 possibly with great QB play.  I didnt check to see who they predicted to win less but surprised if it's only 2. 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

So....5 wins?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Vegas is about accuracy for profit purposes, whatever maximizes their take. 

They're not about fandom or homerism or even true accuracy. 

Only accuracy in terms of maximizing gambling revenue.

It’s stunning that this has to be explained on a sports messageboard. Vegas doesn’t gamble. Their customers do.

• Upvote 2