3rd worst record in the NFL

JETSY14

20 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Vegas got secret access to JF80 and jgb's advanced football AI engine and already know that Zach sucks for ever, and the Jets will suck this whole year. Profit.

You can throw in your money and pay the outrageous vig on the regular season wins over. Talk is cheap.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't bet, but thanks, plus I believe in your AI engine, its legit

Yep, “good players tend to play good football” is the best model I’ve yet found.

But feel free to chase around excuses like barefooted children trying to gather lightening bugs in a mason jar during the dog days of summer.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yep, “good players tend to play good football” is the best model I’ve yet found.

But feel free to chase around excuses like barefooted children trying to catch lightening bugs in a mason jar during the dog days of summer.

mason jar? I used to use crappy cheap Tupperware, you must have been rich

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The entire team and front office is unproven.

Our schedule is rough especially the first half.

No reason for anyone to expect us to have a good record until this team changes the narrative.

I would add the CS is also unproven...esp the HC and DC. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Vegas is about accuracy for profit purposes, whatever maximizes their take. 

They're not about fandom or homerism or even true accuracy. 

Only accuracy in terms of maximizing gambling revenue.

This. People seem to think that the spread is controlled by some cellar dwelling super smart NFL analysts nerds and high end bettors but really is just a measure of the point that maximizes the vig for Vegas

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Vegas has us a the clear cut winner for the 3rd worst record this year. 

How is this possible?  We have a superbowl champion at the helm until our future rising star QB comes back.  We have young talent all over the field.  Another top three pick in our future...2023/2024 is going to be our year

They obviously don't know about all the trades we've won and the A+ Drafts.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, doitny said:

its because of Zach. if Flacco or White were our starters all year they would predict more wins.

hell Zack was the only 2021 QB to throw an INT this weekend. even Sam frigging Darnold didnt throw one. and it was a bad INT. i can see why people outside this board have no confidence he can lead us to more wins. i really hope he can get it together.

You win this thread,  OMG FACTS!!!!!!

• Sympathy 1

On 8/17/2022 at 4:12 AM, JETSY14 said:

Vegas has us a the clear cut winner for the 3rd worst record this year. 

How is this possible?  We have a superbowl champion at the helm until our future rising star QB comes back.  We have young talent all over the field.  Another top three pick in our future...2023/2024 is going to be our year

did you watch us play philly's starters? it wasn't exactly confidence inspiring

22 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I have a hard time seeing this, personally.  Houston, Jax, Detroit, ATL, Chicago, Seattle, NYG, Wash are all pretty terrible and I do think with the running game and the defense the Jets will have this year, they're going to win more games than people think.

You know what this means, fellas. Throw the college fund on the under. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what this means, fellas. Throw the college fund on the under. 

^^^^^bitter that his boo sauce he defended shamelessly for 2 years and continues to pine for as he's been ostracized from the league, has just come to the realization he's clueless and has lost all credibility, so he's trying to reinvite himself with as the hot take podcast regurgitating guy.

Less than 7 wins is a really bad season for the Jets.   The NFL is designed to favor crappy teams.  I would be inclined to bet the bottom dwellers over the top rated win teams by Vegas.  That is to cover spreads and over under not to break out and make the playoffs although based on NFL trend if Douglas and Saleh are really good they make the playoffs this year.  

A league based on parity through draft and salary cap favors bad teams forward looking and good teams in the rear view mirror.   Vegas knows this. 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

^^^^^bitter that his boo sauce he defended shamelessly for 2 years and continues to pine for as he's been ostracized from the league, has just come to the realization he's clueless and has lost all credibility, so he's trying to reinvite himself with as the hot take podcast regurgitating guy.

1. My interest in data is like when a guy’s wife is murdered and he becomes an expert on the forensic sciences so you can catch the real killer (in this metaphor, Adam Gase is my deceased wife).

2. Bobby Stairs has to cobble together 6 wins this season in order to beat the two-season record of the execrable Adam Gase, who got his nine wins with Sam Darnold and the Mike Maccagnan roster. And Bob will have had two extra games to do it. I can already smell the flop sweat squeezing through the cotton 3/4 sleeve softball shirt you wear while surfing. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

1. My interest in data is like when a guy’s wife is murdered and he becomes an expert on the forensic sciences so you can catch the real killer (in this metaphor, Adam Gase is my deceased wife).

2. Bobby Stairs has to cobble together 6 wins this season in order to beat the two-season record of the execrable Adam Gase, who got his nine wins with Sam Darnold and the Mike Maccagnan roster. And Bob will have had two extra games to do it. I can already smell the flop sweat squeezing through the cotton 3/4 sleeve softball shirt you wear while surfing. 

Are you going to irrationally hate the next HC and never give him a chance because of the mistreatment of Adam Gase or you going to need a few more hires before you can love again?  Or maybe this just all stems back to JD and you cant forgive him for firing the guy that hired him?  Cant tell.  Both are pathetic and make you worthless but I'll always be here to support you.

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Are you going to irrationally hate the next HC and never give him a chance because of the mistreatment of Adam Gase or you going to need a few more hires before you can love again?  Or maybe this just all stems back to JD and you cant forgive him for firing the guy that hired him?  Cant tell.  Both are pathetic and make you worthless but I'll always be here to support you.

I will also support you* in your quest to see Robert Saleh become a better coach than Adam Gase.

*With my fist to your beak