Add your random Jets thoughts here

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I guess you didn’t see the out route that was 5 yards over G Wilson’s head on the first pass against the Eagles.  A play he wasn’t pressured on.  Those are concerning throws as much as some don’t want to believe it.  

I watched all of Wilson’s throws from his last year at BYU and you might not find a throw that bad even with someone in his face.  Check out his last drive against Coastal Carolina..

He literally skies one over the head of a receiver in the first half of the game against Coastal Carolina. I noted a lack of accuracy in the short game especially to his right in the predraft process. He improved as the year went on last year and I expect some minor adjustment early. 

I really think that pass at Wilson sailed due to a mistiming between the receiver and QB. Garret Wilson threw an extra head fake and Zach hesitated as his hands came apart. You’d hope Zach avoids that hitch going forward as his timing with Garrett Wilson improves.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

BTW "Zach sucks" is not a take. It's just trolling

Maybe your definition of sucking is different from mine. Even if he's a rookie, for NFL standards he sucks a ton. His stats are 9/11 TD/INT ratio, and he had 55% completion %. That's pretty sucky to me. He's 3-10 in his career, and he's gotten hurt twice in 2 years.

He has the potential, that's for sure, but saying he doesn't suck is very kind.

I am one of the people who really wanted him. I watched him take the college football world by storm. I know he can play well. But the problem is, he isn't. So while I acknowedge that he can play well, until he does he sucks.

1. Can we just make Joe Flacco the starter for the entire season, and draft a new QB next year?  This way, Zach and the next #1 draft pick can battle it out with Flacco for the QB position next year.

2.  Clemons will have a much better career than the guy we drafted late in the first round this year.

3. The run defense will again suck this year, and Saleh will end up being a fraud as a great defensive coach.

4. The Jets running game will be the highlight of the 2022 season, and both Michael Carter and Hall will gain over 1,000 yards.

5. The Jets will win 10 games this year if Joe Flacco starts all 17 games.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heard an interview this offseason with one of the QB gurus and they were talking about how Zach’s footwork was all over the place and that’s why they brought Beck in at midseason. I do think that Zach hasn’t acclimated to getting smacked around, and when it starts happening his fundamentals go to sh*t.

Wh does that sound like... another young QB who got his ass kicked week in and week out..although his mechanics were sh*tty too. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hex said:

Maybe your definition of sucking is different from mine. Even if he's a rookie, for NFL standards he sucks a ton. His stats are 9/11 TD/INT ratio, and he had 55% completion %. That's pretty sucky to me. He's 3-10 in his career, and he's gotten hurt twice in 2 years.

He has the potential, that's for sure, but saying he doesn't suck is very kind.

I am one of the people who really wanted him. I watched him take the college football world by storm. I know he can play well. But the problem is, he isn't. So while I acknowedge that he can play well, until he does he sucks.

Let's just hope Zach recovers from this injury and is healthy this year so we can see how much (if any) progress he's made.  It's not impossible that a great QB can have a rough first year.  (It took Josh Allen until his 3rd year to figure it out).  Zach's floor and ceiling right now are about as far apart as it gets.  He could be a FQB or he could be a bust.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I think he will be our returner - and we should see him later in season spelling Breece/MC once players get banged up a bit.

is my hope anyways.

There are people figuring he's practice squad material this year, Personally I'd like to see him take over KO return duties and save Braxton for the passing game

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

There are people figuring he's practice squad material this year, Personally I'd like to see him take over KO return duties and save Braxton for the passing game

Yeah i'd like BAM to do the KO returns and let Braxton do punt returns and alot of time u need 2 guys back there for KO sooo.  They will def need RBs tho late in season and I think he will win out the battle with the rest of them cause his STs

6 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. The crystal ball is extremely foggy.  The Jets season could go in so many different directions 

5 -12.  They win another game.... Crappy QB play costs them 2-3 games

2. Weird to me that after NFL coaching, Zach Wilson is more inaccurate and less decisive than he was in college.  Think about that ..

NFL v. NCAA Defenses.... Faster, smarter, better conditioned, complex schemes, hidden blitzes, etc. exposes Zach's weaknesses

3. While I’m a believer in many of his talents, who again in our FO thought this offense was a perfect fit for him?

I guess JD...... 

4. When was the last time we had our starting QB play a full season?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Seriously can't remember

5. If a Jets QB could throw for 240 yards per game with a 2 TD to 1 Int ratio and a 65% completion rate, how many games could we win with our 2022 running game + 2022 defense?  I write this because these are stats that Joe Flacco has proven he is capable of.  

6 -7, maybe.... unless the running game is putting down 100+/game consistently and the defense holds the opponent O in check (still need to prove they can)

6. Anyone else notice how many slant routes we’re reading about in the practice reports?  Tough route to cover, glad it’s becoming a staple.

Finally!!!!  The rest of the league has done this for years

7. Anyone else believe we should get Zach a visor with fake eyes that appear to look one direction while he is in fact looking elsewhere?

Coach him up or move on.

8. Who here believes Saleh when he speaks confidently about our run defense?

Not me.  Prove it.  Those first two drives last Friday were pathetic.

9. Why is Sheldon Rankins still on this team?

Who?????  ;-)

10. Anyone else pick up Conklin in fantasy football?

Not yet, but time will tell.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Has Gardner been looking like the 4th pick in the draft so far during camp? Seems to be pretty quiet on that front.

From what i have seen he has shown to be a complete locksiwn corner but the writers are saying he hasn't made any big plays also known as interceptions

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Traded for him in in my dynasty league.

Was offered him and Kalif Raymond(jag WR in Detroit) for Boston Scott 

Took the trade to get  Conk then traded Kalif Raymond and Sterling Shepard for Darrell Henderson. Feeling very good about that set of trades.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Alka said:

1. Can we just make Joe Flacco the starter for the entire season, and draft a new QB next year?  This way, Zach and the next #1 draft pick can battle it out with Flacco for the QB position next year.

5. The Jets will win 10 games this year if Joe Flacco starts all 17 games.

1 and 5 are just plain ludicrous.  Man, embarrassing.  

10 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. The crystal ball is extremely foggy.  The Jets season could go in so many different directions 

2. Weird to me that after NFL coaching, Zach Wilson is more inaccurate and less decisive than he was in college.  Think about that ..

3. While I’m a believer in many of his talents, who again in our FO thought this offense was a perfect fit for him?

4. When was the last time we had our starting QB play a full season?

5. If a Jets QB could throw for 240 yards per game with a 2 TD to 1 Int ratio and a 65% completion rate, how many games could we win with our 2022 running game + 2022 defense?  I write this because these are stats that Joe Flacco has proven he is capable of.  

6. Anyone else notice how many slant routes we’re reading about in the practice reports?  Tough route to cover, glad it’s becoming a staple.

7. Anyone else believe we should get Zach a visor with fake eyes that appear to look one direction while he is in fact looking elsewhere?

8. Who here believes Saleh when he speaks confidently about our run defense?

9. Why is Sheldon Rankins still on this team?

1. ?

2. It’s less about the coaching and more about the competition he’s facing.

3. This offense isn’t the problem. Any offensive structure is the problem when the prospect was drafted based i playground ball.

4. ?

5. 8 wins is the floor, because I expect us to run the ball 35+ times per game. Breece, Bam and MC = ?

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. ?‍♂️

10. My league does team TEs @Gastineau Lives

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

We lose him by week 3 if he’s on the p-squad.

6 hours ago, Alka said:

2.  Clemons will have a much better career than the guy we drafted late in the first round this year.

4. The Jets running game will be the highlight of the 2022 season, and both Michael Carter and Hall will gain over 1,000 yards.

I think Clemons is gonna be legit. Don’t care which has a better career. Just want both to be productive.

100% on board with the running game. I think if Zonovan plays on ST as a returner, you can pencil all 3 in for 1k total yards.

This place is so hyperbolic it's great.

Zach hate SOJ vs Zach love PVO

I for one was cautiously optimistic about Zach,  now I am tepidly pessimistic. Starting to see a lot of the same old issues (for Jets QBs) cropping up, bad decisions, short range accuracy issues, injuries adding up.

Hoping it turns around

tumblr_lm36uekbbf1qchox0o1_1280.thumb.jpg.60ba501b2ac01d1e718b177dd37cc9fe.jpg

1. these TC updates suck. i dont mean anything towards the guys who post it, i mean ....

Flacco had 4 TDs todays!! thats great!.... but that mean our defense gave up  4TDs and thats not great. our defense got 4 sacks and thats great! but that means our OL gave up 4 sacks and thats not great. thats what i mean.

2. i dont buy that whole its only 5 throws in the 1st preseason game crap. he had all offseason, all of TC, and oh the 1st 15 plays are scripted. very worrisome performance, and you look at his fellow 2021 QB drafted and nobody else threw an INT. now if he had a good year last year i would even post this. 

3. right now Flacco is the best QB on this team. i really hope Zach can be that when he comes back.

4. Zach will be back in week 5. 

4 weeks is a few days before the Bengals game. Zach aint playing in that one. Flacco will play good enough that there is no reason to rush him back. plus with no preseason Zach will need some time in practice before he gets on the field.

all i can think of right now

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

3. right now Flacco is the best QB on this team. i really hope Zach can be that when he comes back.

4. Zach will be back in week 5. 

I agree with both of these thoughts:

Flacco, who the Jets almost did not sign, is the best QB we have right now. Maybe in week 5 that is not the case.

Zach is understanding right now that if he does not show up with his head and knees screwed on straight he is going to be Ryan Fitzpatricked this year.  Zach should be better than Flacco in this offense, but he currently is not.  Hopefully he figures it out.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

yah it’s super weird that he’s not doing as well against way harder competition 

Great contribution my fellow Rutgers fan.  Glad you ignored the spirit of the original post and decided on a snarky response to a small part.

I’m talking about his accuracy and mojo, which were both strengths in college and now seem like weaknesses or at least areas that are still concerning. 

Mac Jones is a clear example of a player who has taken those traits with him.  Zach Wilson was the #2 pick in the draft.

Still a believer in Wilson but I do sometimes worry that Saleh is trying to force feed players into his system, rather than playing to their inherent strengths.  But I’m certainly no QB whisperer.

1. JD gets an A+ for this offseason

2. The talent level across the roster is at a higher level than last year.

3. Its on the coaching staff to develop this talent .. Middleton is doing a great job by all account with the TEs.

4. It's on Saleh to coach up the team. So far he gets a C from me.

5. Jermaine Johnson - Ill be watching him close ... so far (which mean absolutely nothing) he is reminding me of Pace/Coples combination. Talented edge setter guy without electrifying burst.

6. Michael Clemmons - Thank god for this pick

7. Garrett Wilson - Hopeful

8. Elijah Moore - Healthy and ready to see what he can do. Excited.

9. RB room looks very solid. Excited.

10. Zach - I am huge Zach Supporter .... but i agree that he has a LOT to prove to settle into the franchise QB role. Last year he was terrible on a terrible team ... the dirt balls cannot happen and the timing must be better (hitting guys in stride out in front of them). He needs to be in command and look calm under center and in the pocket. Getting a clear assessment of Zach Wilson it the number one priority for this season in my book .. much more important than meaningless wins.

11. Sauce should be renamed to Glue ... this guy sticks like glue to receivers .. thankful for whoever provided the all 11 coverage of preseason game 1 ... amazing coverage skills.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1