Add your random Jets thoughts here

A thought which still perplexes me:  When Mangini was the HC and he spoke on camera, why did it always look like he had a caramel candy stuck to the roof of his mouth.  His speech pattern wasn't always like that.  Just sort of suddenly appeared one  day.  
I always assumed it was something going on with his palette or oral correction... no idea ... forgot about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I always assumed it was something going on with his palette or oral correction... no idea ... forgot about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Back then, I'd watch some games with a bunch of friends who were all obsessed with the new clipped speech pattern.  It was like Mangini's tongue would get stuck on the roof of his mouth pronouncing certain words.  It became sort of a drinking game.

I’m with Lith.   I don’t care if it’s Zach or Flacco or Mike White or whomever.   I just want to win and enjoy Sundays again.   Same goes for all other positions.  I don’t care who the player is, I just want to win.

on Saleh.  In game, I like that he seems to go for it on 4th down more unlike past coaches who would punt no matter the situation.  I don’t like his perceived soft training camps.   Other than that, I believe most coaches are about the same, it just comes down to players.

on Douglas.   I like him.   To me he has the been the most competent GM the Jets have had.   That 2020 draft sucks something awful though.   

these joint practices will be telling how the Jets will look this year.   It seems last year was good vibes until the joint practices and then the reports started to come just far behind the jets looked compared to the other teams.

21 hours ago, varjet said:

Jury still out on Zach Wilson, but the bad passes, bad judgment and fragility are all repeating itself.  I think historically he has needed time to learn, adjust, etc.  Hopefully he can catch on.

Been a supporter of Zach, if he follows his college career, by next year we should have something lol...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

100% honesty:

1. I think the overall roster is materially improved, talent wise.  It should be good enough to compete.

2. If a gun were held to my head, I'd tell you I expect Zach to suck in 2022.  And probably get hurt again after this current hurt.

3. I'm entirely on the fence about Saleh.  I REALLY liked his hire, but he was horrid last year.  He needs to impress this year IMO.

These are my opinions/predictions.  I respect others may feel differently.

Good post, Agree on Saleh, he needs to stop running camp nice guy, and put some I'm not happy faces on with all the stupid mistakes that keep happening on the field. Example, he doesn't have to show up Williams on the hit to Hurt out of bounds, just call him over after the play and tell him to take a seat on the bench. Replace him for one series, and in that time on the bench go up to him have a good talk why he was put there and what will happen if he makes that mistake again, then immediately put him back out on the field for the next series. That's what a good coach would have done.

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heard an interview this offseason with one of the QB gurus and they were talking about how Zach’s footwork was all over the place and that’s why they brought Beck in at midseason. I do think that Zach hasn’t acclimated to getting smacked around, and when it starts happening his fundamentals go to sh*t.

Not quite the time to apply the Darnold Principle to Zach just yet.  JD didn't draft him for his fundamentals. He drafted him because he had the most potential on the board behind Lawrence.  It's a work in progress, which obviously you can relate to.  Some get it slowly, some get it quickly, No worries, many here have faith in  Zachery and in you to @T0mShane

22 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

BAM

This kid is making this roster. No doubt.  He's got a special type of skill set for a RB we haven't had in a while.  Looks like hes going to be a red zone menace.  We now have a really nice 3 headed monster at the RB position: Hall, Carter & Bam.

g.jpg

• Upvote 1

Lots of hysteria in Jets land. 

this fan base has ptsd and it shows 

everything is a hot take and extreme overreaction 

I think Wilson might always have the occasional bizarre easy miss, that doesn’t mean he is inaccurate or can’t throw for 65-70% on average. Fans cling to this issue simply because its so obvious,  even the most basic football observer can identify it and yell at their screen. When it actually doesn’t have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. 

if Wilson showed one thing last year it was the ability to protect the football

before the game the wilson hype was real, two passes and a minor injury later he is a bust 

can you imagine if Wilson looks like Joe burrow did week 2 his second year?

i don’t know if Wilson will be good, but god dam can we let the young player (and our fans) breathe? 

15 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

1 and 5 are just plain ludicrous.  Man, embarrassing.  

You're saying ludicrous my feeling that the Jets could win 10 games with Joe Flacco as our QB?  

Wow, I don't think it's crazy at all.  I guess you either got no hope for Flacco, or no hope for the Jets in general.

• Sympathy 1