Brady Quinn, Mr Bust himself weighed in on ZW today...

Brady Quinn: “Despite the injury, Zach Wilson looked awful in that preseason game. Can we just acknowledge the media continually to try to make Zach Wilson something? The media wants this to work out so badly, and it’s kind of tough to listen to, quite honestly. I’ve never seen a QB get so much love from the media for doing less, than Wilson in a long time. Once he got selected in the draft, I had my concerns: he’s smaller so he’s subject to injury, he didn’t play against elite schools in college, and he’s starring down targets. All of these things have played out. I hope he recovers from this, but I don’t get the media love. They’d be good with Jimmy Garoppolo at QB, but they won’t make that move because they’ve invested so much in Zach Wilson.”

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

It gets me every time one of these clowns mention what schools Wilson played against.  What schools did Josh Allen play against?  At least BYU produced two winning SB QB's and one of them is in the HOF.  Brady is just sore he didn't make it with the Jets...el bust o.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I had my concerns: he’s smaller so he’s subject to injury

He's not small.  Subject to injury?  Possibly.  Let's see.

he didn’t play against elite schools in college

Sure, but not concerned about that.

and he’s starring down targets. 

This seems to be a problem.  One quarter of Preseason Game 1 is a small sample size, but it was big enough for this problem to rear its ugly head again.  Winning the play "between the ears," not staring down WRs, going to the right place with the football... that's what we need to see in Year 2.  We know the arm is there, we know the pocket movement is there, etc.  He's got to start looking like he's in command and making the right decisions.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He's not small.  Subject to injury?  Possibly.  Let's see.

Sure, but not concerned about that.

This seems to be a problem.  One quarter of Preseason Game 1 is a small sample size, but it was big enough for this problem to rear its ugly head again.  Winning the play "between the ears," not staring down WRs, going to the right place with the football... that's what we need to see in Year 2.  We know the arm is there, we know the pocket movement is there, etc.  He's got to start looking like he's in command and making the right decisions.

Quinn and cowherd use small a lot to describe him because he is 6'3" and not 6'5"

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Takes one to know one?

He can't relate to Zach but he can relate to Geno. 

Long before Geno..... Quinn is the guy who made it popular to get punched in the face by a teammate and then become back up for life. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Playing against elite teams didnt help "Mr know it all" Brady Quinn's pro career. 

Yes ZW is smallish regardless of pumping up a bit lately and seems like he is an injury waiting to happen.

Quinn had a 7 year NFL run. I doubt ZW lasts as long.

Quinn had a 7 year career because he sucked enough to sit on the bench instead of taking incoming as a starter.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Brady Quinn: “Despite the injury, Zach Wilson looked awful in that preseason game. Can we just acknowledge the media continually to try to make Zach Wilson something? The media wants this to work out so badly, and it’s kind of tough to listen to, quite honestly. I’ve never seen a QB get so much love from the media for doing less, than Wilson in a long time. Once he got selected in the draft, I had my concerns: he’s smaller so he’s subject to injury, he didn’t play against elite schools in college, and he’s starring down targets. All of these things have played out. I hope he recovers from this, but I don’t get the media love. They’d be good with Jimmy Garoppolo at QB, but they won’t make that move because they’ve invested so much in Zach Wilson.”

11 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Colon Cowherd also hates him.  

This should make anti-Zaxers nervous.

So if the Media tells the truth, they somehow hate Zach ? Don't you think at some point Zach needs to produce to shut said media up ?

I don't get this bullsh*t hate talk you guys are constantly claiming .

Zach Wilson is not the type of guy people root against he's a good kid that works hard he's not a Johnny Manzel where you could understand the hate because the kid never gave a sh*t and got millions for it.

Stop crying over your QB playing bad its not a good look .

• Sympathy 2