NY Jets friendly bars in Downtown Chicago?

It's looking like I'll be in Chicago for Week 1 of the season.  Meeting some other guys who root for various teams (a few are going to the Bears game at the same time the Jets play).  But several of us looking for a sports bar to see all the games.  Any places more frequented by Jets fans than others?  Thanks.

Been to Chicago a couple of times, but not for football.  Don’t know.  

But if you’ve never heard Bears fans sing their fight song in person… it’s pretty funny.

I used to watch Jets games in a Bears’ fans bar, when I lived in Denver.  Yes, that is correct. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It's looking like I'll be in Chicago for Week 1 of the season.  Meeting some other guys who root for various teams (a few are going to the Bears game at the same time the Jets play).  But several of us looking for a sports bar to see all the games.  Any places more frequented by Jets fans than others?  Thanks.

I think @Lith is from there. 

• Upvote 1

Country Club on Clark Street near Wrigley Field is the Jet bar in Chicago. Will probably be packed with Jet fans for the opener. I would have been there if I weren’t flying in to Jersey for that one.
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I used to go to Rebel Bar, but that is closed now, apparently.

Country Club Chicago 

Seems that Rebel Bar is now Country Club. 

Yup.  Country Club use to be the Rebel Bar.  Rebel fit the Jets/Namath vibe so much better than a Country bar, but it i sthe same place.

@jetstream23 below is link to the Chicago Jet Fans facebook page.  It is pretty quiet right now, but activity should pick up in the next few weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157168174306127

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, try Country Club. I was only there a few times when it was Rebel Bar, but it should be a good time. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Make sure you ask for the no shooting section.

Your Newsmax is showing.

9 hours ago, Lith said:

Country Club on Clark Street near Wrigley Field is the Jet bar in Chicago. Will probably be packed with Jet fans for the opener. I would have been there if I weren’t flying in to Jersey for that one.

This is the spot. Owner is a good guy and a huge Jets fan.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Last time I was in Chicago for football we went to the Old Town Pour House. Solid TV set up. Also we went to a place by Wrigley- Will's Northwood Inn (awesome bar) but its a Packers spot. Im sure they'll have all the 1pm games on.

Country Club, near Wrigley FIeld, is the Jet bar in Chicago.  Will have the Jet game on about a dozen TVs with sound.   Probably about 100 Jet fans will be packing the place for the opener.  Bears game and other NFL games in the upstaris bar, but the Jets get the main bar.

Cubs play a night game tomorrow, so should be plenty of on street praking and relatively easy in and out for a noon CT kickoff.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Country Club, near Wrigley FIeld, is the Jet bar in Chicago.  Will have the Jet game on about a dozen TVs with sound.   Probably about 100 Jet fans will be packing the place for the opener.  Bears game and other NFL games in the upstaris bar, but the Jets get the main bar.

Cubs play a night game tomorrow, so should be plenty of on street praking and relatively easy in and out for a noon CT kickoff.

Good to know! 

On 8/17/2022 at 10:05 PM, jetstream23 said:

yes, but the follow old Jet Mod rules and assless chaps are required apparel

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I used to think the old salts in the Raleigh Jets fan club were a bunch of pessimistic geezers. Now I am one of them. 

Same way in Chicago.  I remember going down there for the last game of the 2015 season.  Win and we are in against Buffalo.  The young guys were happy, confident, partying.  No way we were going to lose to Rex and the Bills.  Yet it played out just as all of us older guys expected.  

As a Georgia grad, I know things can turn around.  Just hoping the Jets can do it before I am too old to enjoy it.

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 10:05 PM, jetstream23 said:

I think you can rent Kevlar vests there:

General Equipment & Tools

Branch # 191

773-254-6027

2311 S Blue Island Ave
Chicago, IL 606084227

pcm191@sunbeltrentals.com

#pleasebecareful