Greenie is all of us

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok, I just dont see it that way as someone who has listened to him on the radio for years. Guy LOVES the team. Always talks them up generally before the year, like most of us. When we suck, he lets us know they suck. Kinda of like this forum. Not sure whats so wrong with pointing out the obvious. Eisen has had some Jet suck meltdowns as well. Kind of hard not to in the past decade

The difference between Eisen and Greeny/Benigno is that Eisen's occasional meltdowns are the normal reactions of a fan. Eisen is thoughtful and fair.  Greeny/Beigno are one trick ponies.  The Jets have sucked, they suck , and they will always suck.  If you think something good is happening, it will turn bad - always.  And we are always sad or mad.   Greeny/Benigno are always playing the caricature of the hapless self loathing SOJF and it is so unflattering and insulting.  They are playing to media stereotypes of the Jets fan.  It is old and tired and not accurate for some of us.  There is no need to constantly be critical of every single thing or to have a chicken little attitude every single day.  That is what Greeny and Benign do and it is very unpleasant, annoying , and unhealthy to be around and listen to and read posts from that type of person.

The past is not always a predictor of the future.  Joe Douglas is not weighed down by the failures of past GMs.  Saleh will not be a bad coach because Gase and Bowles and Kotite were bad.  Wilson will not be a bad QB just by wearing the laundry.  Just let this regime and team play this out before another reset.    

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Jets have sucked, they suck , and they will always suck.  

Ok is that really wrong? They didn’t sound like that the two years we went to the afc championship. We’re you listening then? What do you guys want them to say in these 3-13 years. All is great! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

A famous one?

Our fanbase generally loathes famous Jets fans.  Especially ones in the media.

I guess the exception was Gandolfini.  He seemed to be liked.

Most others tho...

Famous Jets fans -- especially those who are also sport commentators, have their credibility and livelihood to protect. What should they be saying about the team?

I'll also add that Peter King is almost universally hated on here for being effusive in his support for the Pats -- who actually win stuff.

This is just more shooting the messenger IMHO.

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Mind your tongue.

Greenie once wore a Tom Brady jersey. He can go f*ck himself.

Not one of us. Not even close.

So I don't watch this show but was leaning towards supporting him until this....

But I gotta ask... did he lose a bet.... cause you have to honor a bet. 

If it was his fashion choice then ya.... I hate him and he's nothing like me. 

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok is that really wrong? They didn’t sound like that the two years we went to the afc championship. We’re you listening then? What do you guys want them to say in these 3-13 years. All is great! 

Yes it is wrong. The predictions of future failure are ridiculous. Nobody knows if the Jets will continue to be a bad football team.  That is the whole point of this discussion.  Past failures by different GMs, Coaches , QBs and players don't mean the Jets will fail year after year.   That is the difference between Greeny/Benigno/you and other Jets fans.  Why predict bad times in 2022 and forward based on the past?  Nobody knows how this team will perform this season or next or going forward.  So why be miserable in advance of the season?  All I want is to let the season play out and see if this team can improve.  All is not bad until it is.  

45 minutes ago, PorP said:

So I don't watch this show but was leaning towards supporting him until this....

But I gotta ask... did he lose a bet.... cause you have to honor a bet. 

If it was his fashion choice then ya.... I hate him and he's nothing like me. 

He lost a bet.

my issue is it is simply not a bet you can make to wear an opponents Jersey especially Brady.

would have been better if he bet a monetary amount and donate to charity.

I will bet just about anything - in fact I bet the preseason game tonight just to have action.

I would never make a bet that has me wearing a non jet jersey. Simply can’t be done

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

/Shrug, that's exactly how some of you describe me, but it just isn't true.  

And I don't think it's true for Greeny either, but for him it's worse because he's in the media and expected to always have a "take".

I like him, I think he takes too much grief.  Kinda like Fireman Ed.

There is a cult within the Jets fanbase who think realizing and admitting the team is a** means you're nothing but a "self-loathing phony who revels in the team's misery".

That same cult is also prone to latching onto under-performing players and lashing out at those who doubt or criticize.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

He lost a bet.

my issue is it is simply not a bet you can make to wear an opponents Jersey especially Brady.

would have been better if he bet a monetary amount and donate to charity.

I will bet just about anything - in fact I bet the preseason game tonight just to have action.

I would never make a bet that has me wearing a non jet jersey. Simply can’t be done

We must v have different friends bro...

Me and my v friends talk so much trash all the time.... it's worse to not take a bet than it is to lose. 

But winning....

I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

We must v have different friends bro...

Me and my v friends talk so much trash all the time.... it's worse to not take a bet than it is to lose. 

But winning....

I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

I agree with having to take a bet - you just have to control the terms.

by the way take my comments for what the are worth. This dumbass bet the over tonight on a bears/hawks preseason game.

that is pretty bad.

and last night I had the Yankees minus 1.5. I fall asleep and wake up to hear the news say the Yankees won on a walkoff grand slam.

I’m getting ready to go on Amazon and spend until they say the jays scored 3 in the top of the inning.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Ray Romano, Gandolfini, Kevin James, Adam Sandler, Rich Eisen, Larry David?  I’ve got no problems with them.

Greeny and Beningo are insufferable.

George R Martin, Big Pussy, Richard Belzar, Liev Shriber etc, etc 

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I agree with having to take a bet - you just have to control the terms.

by the way take my comments for what the are worth. This dumbass bet the over tonight on a bears/hawks preseason game.

that is pretty bad.

and last night I had the Yankees minus 1.5. I fall asleep and wake up to hear the news say the Yankees won on a walkoff grand slam.

I’m getting ready to go on Amazon and spend until they say the jays scored 3 in the top of the inning.

Looks like you're in luck man

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Love Game of Thrones, but George R.R. Martin claiming he’s both a Jets and Giants fan kinda pisses me off.

The governor of New Jersey liked the cowboys and the mayor of nyc liked the Red Sox at the same time. That’ was bad stuff 

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Biden claimed to like both the Eagles and the Giants, which is even more absurd.

Eagles/Ravens would have made the most sense given his time in Delaware and the 2 teams being in opposite conferences.  Or better yet Eagles/Colts given the Colts coming from Baltimore and Biden’s age.  

2 teams in the same division never makes any sense….

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eagles/Ravens would have made the most sense given his time in Delaware and the 2 teams being in opposite conferences.  Or better yet Eagles/Colts given the Colts coming from Baltimore and Biden’s age.  

2 teams in the same division never makes any sense….

He said it while being interviewed in Jeffrey Lurie's box when the Giants were visiting. Lurie should've had him tossed lol.

• Haha 1

Greenie had to wear the Brady jersey because he lost a bet, just as Golic had to wear a USC jersey because Notre Dame lost to USC one year.  And these are crimes?  Sheesh.  

For the record, I really enjoyed the Mike and Mike show.  There was a terrific contrast between the boisterous former wrestler and NFL player and the nerdy NYC kid who went to Stuyvesant HS, and was a journalism major at Northwestwern.  Having listened to Greeny for many years, it is obvious to me that he bleeds Jets green.  In that regard, he is no different from the posters on this forum. And, yes, he whines a lot about the Same Old Jets.  You know, the way many posters here do.  

Does someone have to act (and write) like a Neanderthal to be a real Jets fan?   Maybe someone can post a proposed Constitution for being a true fan.  Would there be a clause in it stating that one must make up his mind about our draft picks before they have ever played a game?
Would there be a clause that we must assume that a QB who dirts  the ball in the first half of his rookie season will *always* do so, despite the * fact* that there were no such instances after the return from injury?
Most of all, would there be a clause stating that no Jets fan may ever change an opinion about a player based on new evidence? 
For the record, I have been a Jets fan since Namath was drafted, and had season tickets at Shea. I don’t know how Zach will turn out.  I will wait until this season is over before forming an opinion.. He made a terrible read on the interception in last week’s game and a terrible decision when he didn’t run out of bounds, but I am not assuming that he can’t learn.  
I have seen that people can learn.  I taught in NYC middle schools and high schools for 45 years. The story wasn’t written for those kids when they were in elementary school.

• Post of the Week 1

People are ignoring that the Greeny segment on ESPN was a role-play designed to make fun of the Jets and Jets fans and what pisses me off is that Greeny does it - over and over.  I despise the woe is me SOJF bit he plays.  I used to listen to him on the morning drive 20 years ago and he was not like this. But the last 10 years of him have been brutal.  I'm not saying that it hasn't been tough being a Jets fan, but I refuse to be constantly negative about EVERYTHING always.  And I am not an optimist.  It just drives me crazy when fans not only expect nothing to work out, but actually pull for it and wish for it and revel in it when it doesn't.  That's the part I don't get.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The governor of New Jersey liked the cowboys and the mayor of nyc liked the Red Sox at the same time. That’ was bad stuff 

The mayor of NY, Bloomberg was from Boston wasn’t he?

Lots of Cowboys fans.  Unfortunately 

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

His facial expression in the last 5 seconds while Canty is yelling "He is a Jet fan there is no hope" is priceless. lol

God help us all

Greeny is an insufferable POS.

There are two types of Jets fans: (1) those that take their frustration out on the team; and (2) those that take their frustration out on those fans who take out their frustration on the team.

Greenie is type 1… I leave it to each of you to slot yourselves in.