Greenie is all of us

2 hours ago, jgb said:

There are two types of Jets fans: (1) those that take their frustration out on the team; and (2) those that take their frustration out on those fans who take out their frustration on the team.

Greenie is type 1… I leave it to each of you to slot yourselves in.

Yep gimme 1 over 2 all day 

We can argue about Greenberg for days and it all comes down to our own personal preference.

I don't care for him and have called him a fraud - easy to say but I will at least back it up with what I believe are credible reasons.

ESPN for years take shots at the Jets whether it be they are clowns, ranking them below teams that are clearly deficient in more area's etc. While I do not regularly listen to his radio show, I have heard him enough to say not once have I ever heard him be critical of those opinions.

Granted it is his employer saying/printing those things but if you are such a huge/oppressed fan and you are at the upper part of the tree at ESPN, at some point you say something or defend the team you are so passionate about.

Has anyone ever heard him do that? 

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

ESPN for years take shots at the Jets whether it be they are clowns, ranking them below teams that are clearly deficient in more area's etc.

They have had a losing season 9 of the last 10 seasons and haven't won a September game since Sam Darnolds first game

What do you want them to say? The Jets are good because of our offseasons??

Im confused here

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

They have had a losing season 9 of the last 10 seasons and haven't won a September game since Sam Darnolds first game

Im confused here

Its ESPN shouldn't they be worried about bigger issues -like what Lebron is doing or covering some major Cornhole tournament. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Im confused here

I simply want them to be fair in their reporting. 

I understand the record over the last 10 years but consistently ESPN will write that the Jets have the worst talent, poorly run org. etc. Hell I even remember a column about how bad the JETS are run because they would consider trading Jamal Adams.

Go back prior to the last 10 years and they have rarely if ever been factual with the JETS on a positive side when they were winning.

I will ask my question again though. Can anyone give me a time when Greenberg questioned ESPN on the negativity around the Jets when it was not warranted?

Not a Michael Kay fan either but at least I have heard him question the parent company at times.   

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I understand the record over the last 10 years but consistently ESPN will write that the Jets have the worst talent, poorly run org. etc. Hell I even remember a column about how bad the JETS are run because they would consider trading Jamal Adams.

Go back prior to the last 10 years and they have rarely if ever been factual with the JETS on a positive side when they were winning.

I will ask my question again though. Can anyone give me a time when Greenberg questioned ESPN on the negativity around the Jets when it was not warranted?

Not a Michael Kay fan either but at least I have heard him question the parent company at times.   

Your just wrong......the Jets were like the most covered team in sports after the Mike White Bengals game....

The Jets were highly covered and revered in the Rex two AFC Championship games....

The jets want to change the "unfair" narrative, stop doing hype you tube videos followed by a 4-13 season like in 2021

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Your just wrong......the Jets were like the most covered team in sports after the Mike White Bengals game....

The Jets were highly covered and revered in the Rex two AFC Championship games....

The jets want to change the "unfair" narrative, stop doing hype you tube videos followed by a 4-13 season like in 2021

It's ok - we can disagree - you see it one way - i see it the other.

Still waiting for that evidence on Greenberg though.   

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Yep gimme 1 over 2 all day 

Just textbook kill the messenger. The point is we're all frustrated as hell. I prefer to direct it at the ones whose terrible performance has brought us where we are today. But some people will always deflect to enable them to feel the warm -- but illusory -- comfort of tribalism ("us versus them").

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

It's ok - we can disagree - you see it one way - i see it the other.

Still waiting for that evidence on Greenberg though.   

Oh come on. Any glimmer of a reason for optimism sends Greenberg swerving right back in the opposite direction. In 2016, he predicted the Jets to go 14-2 coming off the heels of Ryan Fitzpatrick szn. He was trolled unmercifully for being a homer -- even his wife famously trolled him.

If the Jets give a cogent reason for optimism, every Jets fan currently dismissed as "hater trolls" will throw the face paint right back on. Including me.

Just win baby .... then the stories will change ... you are what you are ... even in the Rex years ... years we the team outplayed the talent on the roster ... the media was making casts from the Jets nutsacks. Until the clown head coach imploded

Wins will change everything.... until then ... the team is what it is ... a perennial loser.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Just win baby .... then the stories will change ... you are what you are ... even in the Rex years ... years we the team outplayed the talent on the roster ... the media was making casts from the Jets nutsacks. Until the clown head coach imploded

Wins will change everything.... until then ... the team is what it is ... a perennial loser.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Agree with everything you say. My comments are specific to mike Greenberg.

my issue with him is you want to portray yourself as this die hard tortured jet fan and your employer constantly trashes the team and you never once challenge that.

a few months back, espn rated the jets as the 32nd team in the leagye. This was after the draft and free agency.

are we really 32nd? I remember the discussion on here and most if not all felt espn was just trashing on the jets again.

did greenie say a word?