Deebo!!

7 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So as I'm watching the Clemons interview yesterday I was about to start this thread and say his nickname should be Deebo, and as I'm watching it he smiles and he says they call me Deebo!!!

He's a scary looking M Effer! The guy's so diesel he looks like a he-man toy or something from a video game. Can't wait for your upcoming contribution sir.

He-man toy you say. @ZachEY? Can you confirm or deny this? 

• Haha 3

What's comical is watch the Clemons and MLF interviews back to back

Clemons looms over the podium and looks like he's gonna rip it apart to refill his toothpick jar. 

MLF looks like he's on a booster seat at the big people table

I'm like.... Clemons is a big,  big human 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And yet , how many games without a sack will it take for him to be labelled a bust here ? 

39 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This place doesn't like to wait to slap that label on our players.  Let's just do it now and move on.

He's a 24-year-old rookie who was drafted in the 4th round and people are treating him like he's the love-child of Lawrence Taylor and She-Hulk.

May want to look at who's actually being ridiculous here.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

It's like fun is illegal around here.... stop trying to ruin a good time with your "rational thinking"

I mean you're not wrong but damn people like Clemons....  if hes a good rotational piece thats a win...

042.thumb.jpg.6a876fa9a097386d6371ec8d91f839d1.jpg

Honestly, that's not at all what I'm trying to do.  Never made a negative comment about Clemmons, or even a measured one.  I'm literally responding to the common theme of "anyone who's not cukoo for coco puffs over (insert player) is a hater."

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Honestly, that's not at all what I'm trying to do.  Never made a negative comment about Clemmons, or even a measured one.  I'm literally responding to the common theme of "anyone who's not cukoo for coco puffs over (insert player) is a hater."

I dig, this place is extremely hyperbolic lately.

I'm mostly just reveling in it personally and have shut the door on any tempered optimism. Just going to take what comes and laugh either way.

I'm constantly tongue in cheek so almost never take me seriously....almost.

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

It's like fun is illegal around here.... stop trying to ruin a good time with your "rational thinking"

I mean you're not wrong but damn people like Clemons....  if hes a good rotational piece thats a win...

Screenshot_20220819-095006_Mematic.thumb.jpg.0b1483b3213cc24eab496113448a1294.jpg

Exactly this... The moment anyone says anything fun or positive there is a slew people to tell you why you are wrong and you shouldn't feel that way. Toxic

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

He's a 24-year-old rookie who was drafted in the 4th round and people are treating him like he's the love-child of Lawrence Taylor and She-Hulk.

Have you watched him play ? Bowl Game first PS game ? His Interviews alone should scare the living hell out of QB's 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Exactly this... The moment anyone says anything fun or positive there is a slew people to tell you why you are wrong and you shouldn't feel that way. Toxic

Oh?

Because, in this thread, what actually happened, is that some people said something positive, no one said anything negative, and then one person attacked Jets fans "And yet , how many games without a sack will it take for him to be labelled a bust here ?" and then another, the boards most biased mod, agreed, "This place doesn't like to wait to slap that label on our players.  Let's just do it now and move on."  Then I pointed that out.

That's what actually happened.  The rest is your imagination and/or poor reading comprehension.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Oh?

Because, in this thread, what actually happened, is that some people said something positive, no one said anything negative, and then one person attacked Jets fans "And yet , how many games without a sack will it take for him to be labelled a bust here ?" and then another, the boards most biased mod, agreed, "This place doesn't like to wait to slap that label on our players.  Let's just do it now and move on."  Then I pointed that out.

That's what actually happened.  The rest is your imagination and/or poor reading comprehension.

5 hours ago, ZachEY said:

He was saying something positive about a player and then you have to say ... wow everyone is slobbering all over this guy.... If you don't think thats a negative attitude or a know-it-all response I can't help you.

We get it he is an older rookie that is making plays in pre-season... nobody is comparing him to LT in this thread... but maybe you are the one having trouble comprehending...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

He was saying something positive about a player and then you have to say ... wow everyone is slobbering all over this guy.... If you don't think thats a negative attitude or a know-it-all response I can't help you.

We get it he is an older rookie that is making plays in pre-season... nobody is comparing him to LT in this thread... but maybe you are the one having trouble comprehending...

The posts I replied to were about other people's responses should the player miss a tackle.  Honestly, try reading.  It might help.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, ZachEY said:

The posts I replied to were about other people's responses should the player miss a tackle.  Honestly, try reading.  It might help.

You should try to actually read before you post... Because this is not true... neither person you quoted mentioned or talked about a missed tackle. No in fact they talked about him not getting a sack and having a label slapped on him... you were the negative asshat.. that took it even farther... but I can requote them for reference if you want.

I think you are misjudging who is actually reading here and who is mistaken jackass

• Thumb Down 1

13 hours ago, ZachEY said:

This would be the case in terms of Zach who has received criticism for sucking but Clemons has not sucked as of yet so just be happy and move on 

14 hours ago, ZachEY said:

9 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Not relevant to the point I'm making.

Actually its 100 % relevant to what you said in this post not what you migrated it into with later posts 

19 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So as I'm watching the Clemons interview yesterday I was about to start this thread and say his nickname should be Deebo, and as I'm watching it he smiles and he says they call me Deebo!!!

He's a scary looking M Effer! The guy's so diesel he looks like a he-man toy or something from a video game. Can't wait for your upcoming contribution sir.

image.png.6e7b4ca4216dffc7c52ed2c6791d39ce.png

Only teasing. Seriously, though, if there is one factor that is present in like 90% of the top 10 sack leaders for the last several years it's excellent (usually elite) lateral agility. Clemons put up elite numbers in the 3-cone (an imperfect but the best proxy we have until it's game time). Jermaine Johnson didn't run it -- that scares the ever-living sh*t out of me.